• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Dempsey was born in Nacogdoches, Texas and, for much of his childhood, his family lived in a trailer park, where he and his siblings grew up playing soccer with the local children or anyone they could find.

Van der Vaart was born in Heemskerk to a Dutch father and a Spanish mother from Chiclana de la Frontera, Cádiz.[5] Before joining AFC Ajax, he played for a local club called De Kennemers based in Beverwijk. He grew up on a caravan park living a "gypsy life" and often pretended to be Romário while playing football.

----------

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Greg Stobart @gstobart

Dempsey happened v quickly this afternoon but apparently been on the radar for a week or so. No idea where Moutinho is at right now, sorry

Can those saying this is a disastrous window please fudge off.

(infract me if you like)
Yeah for sure, there are some absolute bellends in this thread.

If we sign someone else then they'll be creaming themselves. Let's save criticism until the window is finished and we know what we have - who knows what's in store? And even if it stays as it is, having hope and belief is a great thing.

is he a forward or a midfielder ? thought he was a midfielder of the attacking variety but im seeing people saying he is a good back up to Ade or Defoe

If you think our window is brick, Aston Villa have signed Forest's left back and a bloke from Crewe.

Are you really comparing us to Villa, surely we should be aiming higher than that!

Goat said a few days ago we'd moved onto plan D, it seems that meant plan Dempsey.

warm and friendly

Quality of players is generally linked to games won

And our first eleven is dripping with quality players. So you should have no issues really.

We get Dempsey, Fulham get Berbatov....

Oh my days

Indeed!

So we lose modric and VDV and get Dembele and Sig. I thought the idea was to get better replacements.
Respected Portuguese journalist said we offered 28m euro and they wanted 32 for Moutinho. Not worth going the extra mile Levy...

Who thinks the last few seasons will be as good as it ever gets....

This is it. Not that Clint is a bad player, he has a very good record infact. It's just that it's clearly a panic buy. Not a player who we've looked at, thought would fit well into the manager's tactical plans and gone for in good time. No, it's someone that seems like a good deal. Only he's 29.

Silver linings are that he may be able to do a job in a wide-forward 4-3-3, and that Liverpool don't get him if we do. Since Sturridge played for Chelsea their strengthening attempts may have failed, which is a good sign as they will be a close rival in the league.

To repeat........not necessarily a panic buy at all.

You have to understand the way that clubs (at least, the way that Spurs work) in the transfer market. They always have a number of options for each position. They try for as long as they can to get their preferred options but, if they prove impossible, they green light one of the other options.

The fact that Dempsey is a last minute deal doesn't make it a panic deal. It just means that we've been holding off from moving on him until we've exhausted all possibility of getting our preferred target.

The original JJetset @jetsetyid

Gutted about Mouts as it was done don't know full story yet? Rose and gds out. We are still working

Dempsey seems like an opportunistic signing to me. He had to move today.
Liverpool fcked it up. Why wouldn't you sign him for £7m? Bet the Goons wish they'd gone in.

If you think our window is brick, Aston Villa have signed Forest's left back and a bloke from Crewe.

thats a brilliant window - people always bemoan our lack of planning, well Villa are planning for next season =D>

I'm not going to forget that I rate Dempsey because we're potentially signing him but obviously it's a little underwhelming. I think he will be an effective player for us.

No Moutinhio would make this a bad window however, there's no getting around we have sold two key players for large profit and worst comes to worst we will have not have replaced them. Losing VDV really stings right now.

i'm a big fan of dempsey, as has been said he can play in any attacking position, he's been doing it in the perm for a while now and his fall from grace with Fulham leaves him with a point to prove

Why?

I'm sure that Dempsey would always have been one of a number options for second striker that we earmarked in the event that our first choice for the position proved impossible. And that's why we wouldn't have made a move for him until the last moment.

Yeah fair point...I'm actually quite happy if it goes through but seems quite dangerous bearing in mind he could easily have moved elsewhere earlier today!

I hate the annoying voice of Jim White. Is it accent or speech defect?

And our first eleven is dripping with quality players. So you should have no issues really.

so you dont tihnk that replacing Modric and vdV with Dembele and Sigurdsson is a downgrade?

And you're not concerned about our lack of cover up top or out wide?

Back