• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Smacks of a panic buy.

This is it. Not that Clint is a bad player, he has a very good record infact. It's just that it's clearly a panic buy. Not a player who we've looked at, thought would fit well into the manager's tactical plans and gone for in good time. No, it's someone that seems like a good deal. Only he's 29.

Silver linings are that he may be able to do a job in a wide-forward 4-3-3, and that Liverpool don't get him if we do. Since Sturridge played for Chelsea their strengthening attempts may have failed, which is a good sign as they will be a close rival in the league.

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

First Sig now Dempsey.

Liverpool must HATE us!!!

Was dempsey playing up front last season?

Not a bad signing, knows the league and can score goals.

In the hole.

Surely too similar to Sig as well.

Ineffective out wide as well.

Were you born in 2005 or something?

I was going to ask the same about you. Yes I remember how brick we were in the 90s under Sugar. But I'm old enough to remember the 70s and 80s as well.

Dempsey in is good for us I think. Hudd staying gives us two creative options in the centre with him and Dembele. Lennon, Bale, Sig and Dempsey as options for the attacking mid positions with Townsend waiting to break through perhaps.

Still hoping for another signing coming from left field.

I think QPR have had the best window so far. Fair plat to TF

Dempsey is a good player but we have him because we could not close deal for any of our real targets. Sounds familiar doesn't it. Not going to get into the doom about the coming season but do think some here are overestimating our replacements for world class talent in VDV, Modric and to an extent King (in that Verts is unproven).

We have him because Llorente was never going to happen and because we could not seal the Damiao deal. He has absolutely nothing to do with whatever ends up happening with Moutinho (which I believe could still happen)...

Disaster of unprecedented proportions

Someone must own at the top and possibly take responsibility

hahahahahahahahaha, here is the start of the meltdown i predicted this morning...

pathetic

Disgusting. VdV gone and we spin the old "big signing" all day and get a journeyman who no decent side were interested in. Get out of my club Levy you have shown time and time again you can run a business but not a clue about football. Vdv swapped for Dempsey...just been sick in my mouth

The worst thing is, even if we sign one of these guys late, sometimes they're not announced until 5 in the morning. That's another six-seven hours, goddamnit. Can't take this brick.

Is that true though?

Don't recall an announcement taking that long. Only the apology statements.

Dempsey is last years Scott Parker. Not fancied but maybe just what we need..

I was going to ask the same about you. Yes I remember how brick we were in the 90s under Sugar. But I'm old enough to remember the 70s and 80s as well.

Since you actually know how we fared in the transfer market and the league in the 90s and early 00s I'm actually lost for words. There is no way to respond to your statements.

hahahahahahahahaha, here is the start of the meltdown i predicted this morning...

pathetic
What a tool - how does he know what VDV has been feeling about playing for the club? Maybe he really wanted to move back to Hamburg and asked Levy to go?

i guess it's :

VdV with Sig as back up to now being Sig with Dempsey at back up

depends on how Sigurdsson develops but i wouldn't argue that we are weaker there at the moment

Agreed. Will miss the quality VDV gave us, as he did when he started ahead of Siggy against WBA last week

Back