• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wait - was that vid posted seriously?

i thought it was sarcasm!!

he looks shocking in the video

must admit the (few) times ive seen him he hasnt looked anything special at all - and remember Dirk Kuyt and Jan Vennegor of Hessilink ripped a hole in the dutch league!!

In that video Luuk de Jong reminds me of Jon Stead

A natural goalscorer with no huge assets - not the tallest, not the fastest, not the most powerful, not the cleverest, not the most skillful, just a goalscorer that can finish when given a clear chance.

NEXT>

By the way England vs Switzerland U19s kicks off here http://falive.tv/ in 15 minutes

Not sure of Spurs starters, maybe Millwall's Harry Kane, but personally I don't rate him that much

They flashed up the teams, I think Harry Kane is on the bench... but the commentators said they expected him to make an impact? There is another kane at right back and two keane's... all very confusing

In that video Luuk de Jong reminds me of Jon Stead

A natural goalscorer with no huge assets - not the tallest, not the fastest, not the most powerful, not the cleverest, not the most skillful, just a goalscorer that can finish when given a clear chance.

NEXT>

I agree, could still come good of course, but wouldn't be top of my wish list.

I also agree that having some kind of physical edge is a massive advantage in the Premier League. Taller, stronger or faster, preferably more than one, but at least one just helps carve out those extra chances that again get those extra couple of goals. Not that there aren't exceptions of course, but the amount of strikers that fail massively outnumber those that succeed when the players lack all three of those imo.

I agree, could still come good of course, but wouldn't be top of my wish list.

I also agree that having some kind of physical edge is a massive advantage in the Premier League. Taller, stronger or faster, preferably more than one, but at least one just helps carve out those extra chances that again get those extra couple of goals. Not that there aren't exceptions of course, but the amount of strikers that fail massively outnumber those that succeed when the players lack all three of those imo.

which one of those did Berba have?

They flashed up the teams, I think Harry Kane is on the bench... but the commentators said they expected him to make an impact? There is another kane at right back and two keane's... all very confusing

The Keane's are twins, play for Man Utd. They should sign Robbie and bring back Roy. Steve Kean to manage.

wait - was that vid posted seriously?

i thought it was sarcasm!!

he looks shocking in the video

must admit the (few) times ive seen him he hasnt looked anything special at all - and remember Dirk Kuyt and Jan Vennegor of Hessilink ripped a hole in the dutch league!!

As well as Nistelrooy, Bergkamp and Huntelaar..

which one of those did Berba have?

Berba at 1.89m/6ft 2 1⁄2in (Wiki) was fairly tall by most standards first of all, secondly he was (and is) very strong, that was why he was able to bring down those long hoofs from Robbo while under pressure from big strong central defenders.

Like I said, there are exceptions, but he is not one of them.

I'm ITK me O:)

Sky Sports understands that Aston Villa will make approach for Norwich's Paul Lambert in next 24 hours

VDV Nice goal, smackered the crossbar/post with a belting freekick as well.

Afellay looked really good to me, definately not lost it post injury, if available we should go after him in a big way.

VDV Nice goal, smackered the crossbar/post with a belting freekick as well.

Afellay looked really good to me, definately not lost it post injury, if available we should go after him in a big way.

Talksport said earlier that Barca are only looking for ?ú6m. Every man and his dog will make an offer at that price surely

Back