• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

The crucial thing is the statement says we have not reached agreement, does not say we will not at all. But Levy can be irritating even if I think this will get done.

If these are AVB's targets I wonder what he makes of it all.

Probably something reasonable as he would know a bit more of what is fantasy, fact, lies or WUMing.

The crucial thing is the statement says we have not reached agreement, does not say we will not at all. But Levy can be irritating even if I think this will get done.

If someone has moved the goalposts, why assume it is Levy. Could it be the one who is making statements to the press at every opportunity, the one who seems to be "reluctantly" selling despite his own protestations?

If someone has moved the goalposts, why assume it is Levy. Could it be the one who is making statements to the press at every opportunity, the one who seems to be "reluctantly" selling despite his own protestations?

Maybe, but then Levy seems to attract such accusations. Personally I took the statement at face value, if Spurs want to release a statement denying that they are free to do so. But I believe this is part of how he approaches the market. Indeed if he is aware that they need to sell it may have been the spur which motivated him to changes the terms of the offer.

Olympique Lyonnais informs not have reached an agreement with Tottenham for the transfer of Hugo Lloris.

Proposals submitted by Tottenham tonight are significantly distant from the principlewhich was officially recorded on August 26 and had opened up discussions between the player and the London club.

dunno, but that sounds like the structure of the deal to me... amount up front vs installments etc.

So we low balled them, typical.

So we agreed a fee with Lyon, then Levy tried to low ball them, offering less.

What a fudging idiot.

bloody hell, nothing like hearing both sides, and this is nothing like it.

Hopefully a bit of brinkmanship on both sides. Get this one done FFS

yep, could well be, bit of attempted face-saving from Lyon perhaps, bit of cheek from us. reckon it'll happen.

Hopefully a bit of brinkmanship on both sides. Get this one done FFS

I really hope you are right, or it will be a really long and boring day for SSN's Gary Cotterill, or whoever they get to stand outside the 'Lodge tomorrow! I am just waiting for that dreaded moment when he spots the caretaker locking up the gate and the security guard settling down with a copy of Viz and a mug of cocoa :cry:

Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell
...OL say Spurs offer submitted this evening varies from figure agreed on principle on "Aug 26 which allowed player & club to open talks"

Back