• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Targets - choose 4 - You are the Manager.

Someone posted a great deal about him a few pages back, go and look.

Not interested enough to make a move though. Every team had time to go for Samba but none did, in the end he was desperate to leave Blackburn and went to Russia. Anzhi made their interest in Eto'o known early and no other clubs could compete with the ?ú300k wages.

really? cool ...i'll have a browse

Someone posted a great deal about him a few pages back, go and look.

Not interested enough to make a move though. Every team had time to go for Samba but none did, in the end he was desperate to leave Blackburn and went to Russia. Anzhi made their interest in Eto'o known early and no other clubs could compete with the ?ú300k wages.

His contract was up in the summer. No one wanted to pay a fee. If someone had bit from him before the transfer deadline i'm sure there would have been a host of clubs bidding. But they all waited it out until the summer saving themselves 10m plus.
Then out of nowhere (a whole month later), Anzhi bought him with no competition as the Russian transfer window was still open.

Ah guess i was wrong about my previous comment.

LOL

funny thing is that i've looked at samba ..blatantly looking for problems in his game. the man DOES have weaknesses but he has more stuff that we DONT have right now, that we need. and he surprises you too

bet you didnt know that samba is the only CB in recent years i can think of that has pocketed Kevin davies everytime i have seen them play each other

and another thing you might or might not be aware of...for a big animal...samba is actually quite quick

he's just not a good ball playing footballer

yeah, i get ya - chances are over a different player id be taking the same approach as you.

i just want us to sign someone early !

yes because winning that accolade in a micky mouse league is definately going to prove that you got it all .

please......have you seen him play? say something substantial about him

hah.

who said he's got it all? no ones saying he's the next Pique, just that he's a potential great addition to our first 11.

Don't know whats gotten up your britches. Vertonghen's 25, talented, can score from corners, was voted best player in his league, and can be got for under 10m. Seems exactly the type we should be in for.

just don't understand why you'd be so against it.

my thoughts exactly. it was like when people said we were missing out on Kuyt (i actually think he was very overrated and now he is very UNDER rated)...after seeing him with my own eyes i could have told you he wouldnt set the planet on fire..

i havent seen nearly enough of this vertonghen guy but practically no one here has either and people are going insane over him and it sounds a bit ...i hate to patronise the views of grown men cause its an opinion and its as valid as the next person...but this whole hooplah sounds like the kind of buzz you get from good movie trailers and other celebrities telling you to go out and watch a particular movie. its always best to get the review from someone you trust

Ajax has been on ESPN a few times (4or5) on a Sunday around midday.

hah.

who said he's got it all? no ones saying he's the next Pique, just that he's a potential great addition to our first 11.

Don't know whats gotten up your britches. Vertonghen's 25, talented, can score from corners, was voted best player in his league, and can be got for under 10m. Seems exactly the type we should be in for.

just don't understand why you'd be so against it.

The fact that he can score from corners is obsolete.

As soon as anyone comes to us they lose all Set Piece ability.

Not sure how long Cavani has left on his contract but you are looking at atleast 35mill + for him and 100k + wages.

Unless you are willing to considerably break the world record transfer fee for a goalkeeper, you can't afford Tim Krul.

Juve paid Parma 32 million pounds for Buffon, which remains the world's largest transfer fee for a goalkeeper.

So we have to pay 40 million pounds plus if we want to land Tim Krul. Hmm...

For that money, we could make bids for Lloris, Reina and Vorm, all goalkeepers I consider to be better than Krul at this point in time.

He's got potential, and he's a good player. He could one day grow into a great player.

But he'll never be worth 40 million pounds, for Christ's sake.

how about going for EPL players only ... if not to weaken the competition, but to spice things up with players with different characteristics:

1. shawcross (grunt)
2. ben arfa (guile)
3/4. demba ba and cisse (striking DUO with instincts for goal)

how about going for EPL players only ... if not to weaken the competition, but to spice things up with players with different characteristics:

1. shawcross (grunt)
2. ben arfa (guile)
3/4. demba ba and cisse (striking DUO with instincts for goal)

We're buying THREE of Saudi Sportswashing Machine's players? Firstly, Greg would put a curse on this forum so potent it'll last until the universe goes dark, and second, assuming Saudi Sportswashing Machine will demand at least 15-20 million for both Cisse and Ben Arfa, that will result in us spending 40-45 million on three players, two of whom are injury-prone and a third who's impressed for half a season, much like Hernandez did last season.

Though the 'grunt' could be useful, I'll admit.;)

Ajax has been on ESPN a few times (4or5) on a Sunday around midday.

ah, so you've watrched them? cause i dont watch much football on telly..i definitely dont have the time to watch Dutch football

would be nice if you could shed some light on this guy. is he better than gallas, king, dawson, or even bassong or nelsen at defending?

We're buying THREE of Saudi Sportswashing Machine's players? Firstly, Greg would put a curse on this forum so potent it'll last until the universe goes dark, and second, assuming Saudi Sportswashing Machine will demand at least 15-20 million for both Cisse and Ben Arfa, that will result in us spending 40-45 million on three players, two of whom are injury-prone and a third who's impressed for half a season, much like Hernandez did last season.

Though the 'grunt' could be useful, I'll admit.;)

Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba would cost you in excess of ?ú100M.

Juve paid Parma 32 million pounds for Buffon, which remains the world's largest transfer fee for a goalkeeper.

So we have to pay 40 million pounds plus if we want to land Tim Krul. Hmm...

For that money, we could make bids for Lloris, Reina and Vorm, all goalkeepers I consider to be better than Krul at this point in time.

He's got potential, and he's a good player. He could one day grow into a great player.

But he'll never be worth 40 million pounds, for Christ's sake.

He's not worth that much but Andy Carroll isn't worth and never was worth ?ú35M either.

We don't sell players that are on long contracts and that don't 'want out' unless we receive an offer which is ridiculous.

S Kagawa F,AM
P Herrmann M
L de Jong F
F Santana CB

on a free Adler K

All attainable players that bring youth, skill, class, and speed to the team.

Back