• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Targets - choose 4 - You are the Manager.

Hilarious guys, Harry only every buys old brick players doesn't he? I get it! HAHA! :tumbleweed:

well its his preference to do so, but thank GHod for Levy and his rigid policy of buying slightly younger players with a potential sell on value. Obviously this must cause a stalemate at times though

well its his preference to do so, but thank GHod for Levy and his rigid policy of buying slightly younger players with a potential sell on value. Obviously this must cause a stalemate at times though

It's his preference to buy old brick players is it? Don't you think Friedel, Gallas and Parker have been good signings for us? What about Walker, Kaboul and Sandro? Adebayor as an upgrade on Crouch? (Yes I know he's only on loan). VDV? (Yes I know he was "nothing to do with Harry", but he hasn't left him on the bench in favour of some old brick player, has he?)

I know, I know, he brought in Nelsen and Saha on a free, but that hardly shows that he has a preference for old, brick players does it? Given that they were temporary replacements for Pav and Bassong leaving. In any case, Nelsen and Saha have been better than those two had recently been IMO.

1,465 posts of constant moaning; it must be fudging depressing. It certainly depresses me to read it.

It's a bit of banter during a nervous week - lighten up

Being told to 'lighten up' by one of the most negative posters on here?!

Fair enough, but the 'banter' about Harry's love for old brick players is getting a bit repetitive, and it's clearly not just banter - some people (e.g. Indianspur) are serious.

Being told to 'lighten up' by one of the most negative posters on here?!

Fair enough, but the 'banter' about Harry's love for old brick players is getting a bit repetitive, and it's clearly not just banter - some people (e.g. Indianspur) are serious.

Redknapp prefers older, experienced players. Whats the shock in that.....he has said it himself, his career is made up of signings like that. Why would he change now?

I'm not negative - simply like to prepare for the worst in order not to be disappointed afterwards. Spurs have taught me better

Redknapp prefers older, experienced players. Whats the shock in that.....he has said it himself, his career is made up of signings like that. Why would he change now?

Nothing wrong with saying that he prefers older, more experienced players. That's different to saying "old brick" players, or acting as if he hasn't bought any young or 'middle-aged' players, or good older players.

I'm not negative - simply like to prepare for the worst in order not to be disappointed afterwards. Spurs have taught me better

That's being negative. Fair enough if that's your way of dealing with things, but it's a shame you have to bring everyone else down with you! After all we finished 4th in the end, not 5th or 6th as you were constantly talking about before the season had finished.

Nothing wrong with saying that he prefers older, more experienced players. That's different to saying "old brick" players, or acting as if he hasn't bought any young or 'middle-aged' players, or good older players.

to be honest with you im not a fan of signing older players. Id always prefer the club to take a risk on younger talent

Who am I bringing down with me?

Already said today the season has been a success undoubtedly

Fair enough, and I don't mean to 'pick a fight' with or be rude to anyone... it's just that with your 3,668 posts, over the last couple of months it's been hard to avoid your pessimistic comments in virtually every single thread! In fact this supports what I said all along - that we should wait until the end of the season before judging Harry and the team. We've finished 4th, which you've now said was a success, so all that constant negativity and moaning and pessimism was pointless (except to cushion you from possible disappointment, which never actually happened).

That's being negative. Fair enough if that's your way of dealing with things, but it's a shame you have to bring everyone else down with you! After all we finished 4th in the end, not 5th or 6th as you were constantly talking about before the season had finished.

depends on how easily influenced others are.

to be honest with you im not a fan of signing older players. Id always prefer the club to take a risk on younger talent

Fair enough, but before Harry that's exactly what we had done. We now have a nice balance in the squad with some players approaching their potential, some at their peak, and some with loads of valuable experience.

Surely you can't deny that Friedel has and Gallas have provided important stability and experience, and that Parker's been a very good player for us (especially with Sandro injured)?

It's all about balance; it seems odd to me to only want to take a risk on younger talent.

Fair enough, and I don't mean to 'pick a fight' with or be rude to anyone... it's just that with your 3,668 posts, over the last couple of months it's been hard to avoid your pessimistic comments in virtually every single thread! In fact this supports what I said all along - that we should wait until the end of the season before judging Harry and the team. We've finished 4th, which you've now said was a success, so all that constant negativity and moaning and pessimism was pointless (except to cushion you from possible disappointment, which never actually happened).

do you think finishing behind a poor Arsenal squad can be counted as success?? like i said in another thread, had we finished 4th behind city, utd and chelsea then id say we did well, but this arsenal squad is not the best it has been over the last 16 years and still even with the talent we have we still couldnt finish above them. It does feel disappointing

Alternatively we can keep the forum closed during season and only open it after the last game is played - since the final league table is ALL that matters and what happens it between is prime-time for TV adverts.

Or - we can establish a solicalist-like censorihip state where only positive comments and thoughts are approved by the moderators and any sort of 'questioning' towards the manager and players is dealt with a permanent ban. Personal opinion - you're having a laugh! ;)

No, I wasn't happy with some of our performances at the time and raised concerns like many others which were part of semi-civilised discussions.

Tell me honestly - did you genuinely 100% believe throughout these last 2 months we'd always make 4th no matter what?

Last edited:
do you think finishing behind a poor Arsenal squad can be counted as success?? like i said in another thread, had we finished 4th behind city, utd and chelsea then id say we did well, but this arsenal squad is not the best it has been over the last 16 years and still even with the talent we have we still couldnt finish above them. It does feel disappointing

I think at the beginning of the season most would have seen it as a success; but given the lead that we blew, it is of course tinged with a lot of disappointment.

Of course I have no issue whatsoever with people being disappointed; IMO we should all be at least a bit. It's just some people's TOTAL FOCUS on the negative aspects that has irked me, as well as some of the vitriol and lack of gratitude towards Harry.

Alternatively we can keep the forum closed during season and only open it after the last game is played - since the final league table is ALL that matters and what happens it between is prime-time for TV adverts.

Or - we can establish a solicalist-like censorihip state where only positive comments and thoughts are approved by the moderators and any sort of 'questioning' towards the manager and players is dealt with a permanent ban. Personal opinion - you're having a laugh! ;)

No, I wasn't happy with some of our performances at the time and raised concerns like many others which were part of semi-civilised discussions.

Tell me honestly - did you genuinely 100% believe throughout this last 2 months we'd always make 4th no matter what?

No, of course I didn't feel 100% sure we would mae 4th. And of course I'm not saying that only positive comments should be allowed. It was just the CONSTANT and TOTAL focus on negative aspects, as well as the VITRIOL towards Harry, as well as the seeming ASSUMPTION that we were going to finish lower than 4th, which were annoying.

I think at the beginning of the season most would have seen it as a success; but given the lead that we blew, it is of course tinged with a lot of disappointment.

Of course I have no issue whatsoever with people being disappointed; IMO we should all be at least a bit. It's just some people's TOTAL FOCUS on the negative aspects that has irked me, as well as some of the vitriol and lack of gratitude towards Harry.

of course there has been some out of order personal attacks on Redknapp, i know i didnt go that far at all but ive always questioned him if i felt the need to. However i feel he has done a very good job overall.

I really hope we get the signings we need to take us on to the next stage. Hopefully they are signings with age on their side. This thread is about summer signings, and i dont want to divert it towards another Redknapp debate.

Back