• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Targets - choose 4 - You are the Manager.

you know what, i wouldnt mind seeing thudd there , in the dutch league,......10 pounds says he owns it and earns himself a move to a big club from there.

el hamdoui tore brick up there (in fairness i actually thought he wasnt given a good chance with us), mido, davids (after he was washed up with us)...mcclaren is considered a great coach...defoe would be top scorer there......

the dutch league is just not good. its a feeder league for every other league out there

This time last year Connor Wickham was on everyone's list.
Also I see no reason why everyone is so quick to replace Friedel. If we could only buy 4 players, a goalkeeper would not be one of them.

you know what, i wouldnt mind seeing thudd there , in the dutch league,......10 pounds says he owns it and earns himself a move to a big club from there.

el hamdoui tore brick up there (in fairness i actually thought he wasnt given a good chance with us), mido, davids (after he was washed up with us)...mcclaren is considered a great coach...defoe would be top scorer there......

the dutch league is just not good. its a feeder league for every other league out there

exactly and i can only put my faith in our scouting system that they know what it is that separates the men from the boys when looking in these leagues

my guess is Kaboul is safe in his position and we are looking for a more Ledley esque partner for him

kaboul is safe? holy crap......we're gonna need sandro to be on his a game then. Kaboul has done better than i would have expected this year but in all honesty i dont think he's as irreplaceable as he might. i think its cause he's the only physical guy we have ..i.e Big , pacey and strong...decent jump too....., but if HE is the guy thats supposed to be our rock....? then people are gonna start calling us soft again

can you imagine? kaboul and vertonghen as our first choice CB pairing? anything could happen...we could be solid as a steel at the back or we could constantly be porous back there......

Vertonghen not even signed yet and he's been written off by some fans, impressive. But I guess you're right, it's better to sign proven Premier League players, afterall it was ?ú60m well spent on Bent, Bentley, Defoe and Keane.

kaboul is safe? holy crap......we're gonna need sandro to be on his a game then. Kaboul has done better than i would have expected this year but in all honesty i dont think he's as irreplaceable as he might. i think its cause he's the only physical guy we have ..i.e Big , pacey and strong...decent jump too....., but if HE is the guy thats supposed to be our rock....? then people are gonna start calling us soft again

can you imagine? kaboul and vertonghen as our first choice CB pairing? anything could happen...we could be solid as a steel at the back or we could constantly be porous back there......

im not saying that it's my choice - just that is how it appears to me - Kaboul +1

exactly and i can only put my faith in our scouting system that they know what it is that separates the men from the boys when looking in these leagues

that is a good point...you'd trust the scouts. maybe that HAVE been tracking this vertonghen guy...maybe he is great. but why are people SURE we need him?

i'll tell you this now, if samba issued a 'come and get me plea' then i think we should drop EVERYTHING and pick him up

Vertonghen not even signed yet and he's been written off by some fans, impressive. But I guess you're right, it's better to sign proven Premier League players, afterall it was ?ú60m well spent on Bent, Bentley, Defoe and Keane.

GHod that was dramatic.

A few posts saying they haven't seen enough of him vs 8 pages of posters stating they'd have him as one of their dream signings and you come to the conclusion that he's been written off.

that is a good point...you'd trust the scouts. maybe that HAVE been tracking this vertonghen guy...maybe he is great. but why are people SURE we need him?

i'll tell you this now, if samba issued a 'come and get me plea' then i think we should drop EVERYTHING and pick him up

think you're reading too much in to peoples lists mate, im pretty sure most of the people posting in this thread have seen very little, if any of the players from abroad they are putting forward this season - id wager most of the names on the list are there via hype/reputation - i know mine are !

all this tells me is that you're either a very young kid or you're a lazy reader that reads into things that arent there without actually reading everything....

has anyone written him off? show me where?

what people are saying though...is SAY.... SOMETHING.. say ANYTHING. something insightful, something that carries real meat about his skills or abilities instead of "oh lets sign vertonghen, why? cause he's good thats why"...without even saying anything about him or even seeing enough about him.

it sounds robotic and rehearsed.

i would even accept you pointing me to a detailed review by a good footballing author. i think that would be great instead of just utter pure hype

why do you think he is going to be a success? why do you like him? what does he bring that we dont have now that we can carry in to the premier league and act as a differential against other teams?

Another lacklustre post (which is surprising as you're usually one of the better posters).

Well I know you've had his schlong down your throat for the past year so it's pointless arguing over Samba's merits. If there had been zero links to Vertonghen whatsoever then there probably wouldn't be many mentions of him in this thread, but because of all the news over the past few days then most have concluded that it's most likely going to happen so have included him.

Another lacklustre post (which is surprising as you're usually one of the better posters).

personally i get a jekyll and hyde feeling from him myself.

once he used FM as real evidence of someone's abilities and then recently he just switches up and comes out with something great like "alonso can be defensive minded but he's primarily a deep lying playmaker...just like modric is"...and i'm like "you tell em rossi"

could be two people

all this tells me is that you're either a very young kid or you're a lazy reader that reads into things that arent there without actually reading everything....

has anyone written him off? show me where?

what people are saying though...is SAY.... SOMETHING.. say ANYTHING. something insightful, something that carries real meat about his skills or abilities instead of "oh lets sign vertonghen, why? cause he's good thats why"...without even saying anything about him or even seeing enough about him.

it sounds robotic and rehearsed.

i would even accept you pointing me to a detailed review by a good footballing author. i think that would be great instead of just utter pure hype

why do you think he is going to be a success? why do you like him? what does he bring that we dont have now that we can carry in to the premier league and act as a differential against other teams?

Someone posted a great deal about him a few pages back, go and look.

Im Sure arsenal were interested at some point.

Look at Etoo, top money, no one stopped him going there.

Not interested enough to make a move though. Every team had time to go for Samba but none did, in the end he was desperate to leave Blackburn and went to Russia. Anzhi made their interest in Eto'o known early and no other clubs could compete with the ?ú300k wages.

personally i get a jekyll and hyde feeling from him myself.

once he used FM as real evidence of someone's abilities and then recently he just switches up and comes out with something great like "alonso can be defensive minded but he's primarily a deep lying playmaker...just like modric is"...and i'm like "you tell em rossi"

could be two people

That was for MK(I think it was him anyway) trying to tell me Hudd's faster than Sandro, I had to resort to his level 8-[

Well I know you've had his schlong down your throat for the past year so it's pointless arguing over Samba's merits. If there had been zero links to Vertonghen whatsoever then there probably wouldn't be many mentions of him in this thread, but because of all the news over the past few days then most have concluded that it's most likely going to happen so have included him.

Ah guess i was wrong about my previous comment.

think you're reading too much in to peoples lists mate, im pretty sure most of the people posting in this thread have seen very little, if any of the players from abroad they are putting forward this season - id wager most of the names on the list are there via hype/reputation - i know mine are !

mate, i've seen your stuff here through the years. NOT ONCE have i thought you'd pass anything as fact based on stuff you dont know. No one is going to even try and claim that you dont post good stuff or that you base everything on hype. quite frankly i know for sure you dont.

its just that in the same way you play devils advocate for why we should get this guy, i'm playing the other side that wants to know why? why should i follow what everyone else is telling me?

chances are that this guy could be world class.....he just needs the right arena to show his class...but bloody hell, can someone help me out here? whats so special about this guy? do you know i havent read ANYTHING about him from people here...nothing.

Back