• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Caulker

Re: Caulker

I don't think it's cute and fancy. Where do you guys think that he should be heading that ball?

He was under pressure and backtracking, difficult situation to generate a lot of power on a header, especially a looping ball like that. Heading it down to Gallas for him to get it clear seems perfectly reasonable to me.
He can put it out for a corner, all momentum is heading to goal, Gallas is heading to goal, he has a striker on him, is facing goal. Gallas is not the option. I actually couldn't really care as Caulker will make a few of these mistakes yet, but I'm sure he'll be our future CB for a long time to come . But it was a very poor decision.

i think it was more of a mistake or mis-hit, rather than a poor decision. he was scrambling a bit and probably didn't get enough power behind it as much as he would have liked to.

Once again, disagree but I don't think anyone is really going to budge over it so wemay as well move on.

Think we can all agree that it's terrific to have a young English CB who like's having the ball, isn't overwhelmed by the big occasions, is a beast in the air in both boxes and obviously has a great attitude towards the game judging by the way he threw himself in to the loans over the years.

I followed the progress of Caulker and Livermore from fairly on and did think we could have two really valuable members of our squad on our hands, both seem like top lads as well. Of course they'll have bad games and make mistakes but as long as we're patient and AVB manages them well hopefully they can play a part in bringing some silverware to the club.

I don't think I really noticed he was there for the entire 90 minutes. Good enough for me.

obviously has a great attitude towards the game judging by the way he threw himself in to the loans over the years.

A hundred times this, if only Bostock and others with raw talent had the same attitude at Caulker. MVP at every club he got loaned to practically, that is a winner's attitude right there.

As for Livermore, I love that he is a Spurs product but I don't think he has the technical ability to play at our level and AVB will probably let him go once the main priorities are dealt with (i.e. Jenas, Bentley etc.). Could be wrong, but I just don't see that he will ever be abe to deal with the tempo of a quick passing game. Sandro is twice the passer that Livermore is and he clearly struggles to keep it tidy.

He has been solid, done what he has to do.

Which is what you want for a centre back. Deal with the danger early before it needs the spectacular. As a couple of people have just npted, you don't want him making headlines unless scoring.

Haven't seen it. Is it definitely his goal?

Should've had his second after his Lazio disallowed goal.

Caulker's ability is scary considering the guy just turned 20.

He is so fudging composed and doesnt get beaten in the air.

The next king ledley indeed

Our academy producing three defenders in a row of the quality of Campbell, King and Caulker is incredible.
Almost unique - only comparison that comes to mind is Milan with Baresi, Maldini, Costacurta

Our academy producing three defenders in a row of the quality of Campbell, King and Caulker is incredible.
Almost unique - only comparison that comes to mind is Milan with Baresi, Maldini, Costacurta

Shame King only came through properly as Campbell left, and Caulker as King retired. King and Campbell's partnership in the game against France at Euro 2004 made me wonder just how good a defence we could have had if Rsol hadn't done what he did.

I have been very impressed with him. I didnt know much about him before this season but he has definitely impressed and been excellent thus far.

For me, I thought that he was an overrated youngster, the latest in a long line of those which are overhyped and then disappoint us when we realise that they aren't as good as people say... the likes of Kane is another example, he is not good! And yet, Caulker's performances so far are proving me wrong, he is looking a solid and dependable defender and I'm pleased that he plays for us. I'm happy that he scored his first goal for us and can imagine that if he continues to play at this level that England duty cannot be far away.

Shame King only came through properly as Campbell left, and Caulker as King retired. King and Campbell's partnership in the game against France at Euro 2004 made me wonder just how good a defence we could have had if Rsol hadn't done what he did.

I wonder if we have any coming through who could do it with caulker. The is a guy called stewart i know some rated and that foreign youngster who i shall not insult by trying to spell his name, swiss i think. Would like to know if hall can come on and progress one of my best mates is a brighton fan and he said he looked good but that he hardly played for brighton last season even though all the fans wanted him in the team, meant to be quite good on the ball.

Back