• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Caulker

Re: Caulker

i do think kaboul and caulker are a bit too similar.

kaboul and king didnt use to work though due to it being quite the same, but at times last year i thought both looked outstanding

i do think kaboul and caulker are a bit too similar.

kaboul and king didnt use to work though due to it being quite the same, but at times last year i thought both looked outstanding

Really???!!! Most times they played last year we were outstanding I thought. Our best partnership by a mile, before Feb when King really started to gp downhill and was targetted by the opposition (perhaps also not protected by Parker and co as they were in ghe first half of the season).

Really???!!! Most times they played last year we were outstanding I thought. Our best partnership by a mile, before Feb when King really started to gp downhill and was targetted by the opposition (perhaps also not protected by Parker and co as they were in ghe first half of the season).

i never said they werent good, i said last year they looked outstanding. before as in Kabouls first spell etc, when he was round about Caulkers age for example.

i think kaboul and caulker wont work

best partnerships have always had at least one person that is positional very good, a ball magnet and defensive line co-ordinator. That person is always seen as the senior and / or leader or the partnership.

I dont see either kaboul or caulker as being that person.

having said that i havent seen caulker play outside of the odd bit at swansea. Someone here said that at last we have someone that can deal with ariel balls and Freund said caulker could be terry's replacemnet...so maybe caulker is that guy?

but from what i figured...caulker is the more athletic, technical part of a partnership that would press and chase a player all the way to mid point between then defensive and midfield line.

Not to mention is that kaboul is positional suspect for me, prone to lapses in judgment, and can be a ball watcher. (though i havent noticed this as much recently)

so i would be worried as to who the Defensive line organiser and positional expert would be between the two .....cant have TWO CBs chasing attackers all over the place..that would be slightly chaotic

Strange because both Kaboul and Caulker are both physically very strong and yet very comfortable on the ball. Don't see that too often......

absolutely fantastic. in fact he has been since he came into the team.... wonder what jimmyb thinks?

WINS EVERY HEADER!!!!!!!

yet to lose since he's come back in the team, first two goals conceded since he's come into the team too, but its at Old Trafford. I'd honestly play him and Dawson until Kaboom is back.

He has been solid, done what he has to do.
When are we going to learn that praising our younger player for everything they do does not help them.
He has time, needs to keep working and he will get there.

Gallas on Caulker: "He played very well. He listens. He likes the ball. In the future if he works hard he can be the very best."

Gallas on Caulker: "He played very well. He listens. He likes the ball. In the future if he works hard he can be the very best."

that's some endorsement from a man who has played at the highest levels with the highest quality players

On sunday supplement they were saying they think Caulker will be in the England squad going forward, Hodgson / Neville very keen on him and see him as the future

WINS EVERY HEADER!!!!!!!

yet to lose since he's come back in the team, first two goals conceded since he's come into the team too, but its at Old Trafford. I'd honestly play him and Dawson until Kaboom is back.

Think the majority of people on here would play Caulker. I would play him alongside Verts when we have Naughton or Benny back fit

He has been solid, done what he has to do.
When are we going to learn that praising our younger player for everything they do does not help them.
He has time, needs to keep working and he will get there.
Yes whilst he's clearly an outstanding prospect we certainly do need to keep a sense of proportion. He's still young and inevitably prone to the odd howler. One or two of his headed clearances have been dangerously wayward. There was one yesterday when he headed straight back into the path of Van Persie in space inside the box which could easily have cost us dearly.

Yes whilst he's clearly an outstanding prospect we certainly do need to keep a sense of proportion. He's still young and inevitably prone to the odd howler. One or two of his headed clearances have been dangerously wayward. There was one yesterday when he headed straight back into the path of Van Persie in space inside the box which could easily have cost us dearly.

Pretty sure that was Dempsey.

Pretty sure that was Dempsey.
H'mm, maybe, if so big apologies to Caulker, but he certainly did something similar in a recent game, cannot remember whether it was Carlisle or QPR. Point is for us not to get carried away, he's a young lad and still learning.

H'mm, maybe, if so big apologies to Caulker, but he certainly did something similar in a recent game, cannot remember whether it was Carlisle or QPR. Point is for us not to get carried away, he's a young lad and still learning.
If you're going to sledge someone then you need to know what you're sledging them for!!!

It was his clearance against QPR, weak clearance from Caulker and Gallas was out of position and we nearly got punished, poor from both of them. He hasn't had many of those moments though.

Back