• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Caulker

Re: Caulker

I wonder if we have any coming through who could do it with caulker. The is a guy called stewart i know some rated and that foreign youngster who i shall not insult by trying to spell his name, swiss i think. Would like to know if hall can come on and progress one of my best mates is a brighton fan and he said he looked good but that he hardly played for brighton last season even though all the fans wanted him in the team, meant to be quite good on the ball.
Funny thing is that a lot initially thought Calum Butcher would be the one of Butcher/Caulker to make it first. Think he's playing non-league now. Shame.

I reckon Veljkovic may have a shot though.

Statistically, Caulker has been our best central defender so far this season...

P0065.png

...and he also has a Premier League goal and assist to his credit for good measure.

Statistically, Caulker has been our best central defender so far this season...

P0065.png

...and he also has a Premier League goal and assist to his credit for good measure.
What do they say about lies and stats?... Verts has been involved in all our wins and most of them out of position ;) Caulker has really taken his opportunity by the horns though, good on him.

I wonder if we have any coming through who could do it with caulker. The is a guy called stewart i know some rated and that foreign youngster who i shall not insult by trying to spell his name, swiss i think. Would like to know if hall can come on and progress one of my best mates is a brighton fan and he said he looked good but that he hardly played for brighton last season even though all the fans wanted him in the team, meant to be quite good on the ball.

Doubt any of the three will reach Caulker's heights, though if one of them do i'd wager it to be Veljkovic.
Got a feeling that Laste Dombaxe can do similiar things to Caulker in the midfield anchor role, although it's difficult to say how youth develop, take to senior level, stay fit and retain a professional attitude to the game and lifestyle. Also how does the Nextgen experience compare for a youngster to the league experience Caulker has had the benefit of ..

For me, I thought that he was an overrated youngster, the latest in a long line of those which are overhyped and then disappoint us when we realise that they aren't as good as people say... the likes of Kane is another example, he is not good!

Two years younger than Caulker,
key and leader for his England youth side.
At the same age he's done better so far in his career than another slow intelligent forward he's often compared to, Teddy Sheringham, both at same club (Millwall) and same level. Way too early to write him off.

Dombaxe seems to have played all over the midfield. I'm sure I remember him lolloping down the wings in a few games last season? Luongo is my big hope, he looks classy. Seems his place in the midfield at Ipswich has been compromised as there is competition from within the club. Never good as he'll be the one benched undoubtedly.

Not sure he has the same potential as King, cause King was let's face it .. wow
I do believe Caulker is better than King was at the same age though,
and much more mature player which is credit to the Yeovil, Bristol City and Swansea loan deals.

Very happy about Caulker ... Has to be one of the first names on the team sheet now. With Benny soon back, I see Verts moving back to his central role so I hope AVB shows faith in him if his form carries on.

Very happy about Caulker ... Has to be one of the first names on the team sheet now. With Benny soon back, I see Verts moving back to his central role so I hope AVB shows faith in him if his form carries on.

This is what I have been wondering. If all our defenders are fit who do reckon would start? I think Caulker & Vert at center half would give us two defenders who are solid defensively, good on the ball and chip in with goals. \o/

This is what I have been wondering. If all our defenders are fit who do reckon would start? I think Caulker & Vert at center half would give us two defenders who are solid defensively, good on the ball and chip in with goals. \o/

I think we need to remember that, although Gallas' old legs are making him prone to the odd gaff, he is speaking to Caulker a lot and helping him come on. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on with Kaboul and Verts and whether they in turn are as good communicating with each other.

I think Kaboul and Vertonghen will be first choice when all are fit, with Caulker being 1st reserve. He's still young so inevitably will have a bad game occasionally, which might knock his confidence if our fickle fans start getting on his back. We have the luxury of a bunch of very good central defenders and we should use that to our advantage.

I've got to say based on the past couple weeks I think BAE will be the one struggling to get back in. Vertonghen at left back has been a revelation!

What do they say about lies and stats?... Verts has been involved in all our wins and most of them out of position ;) Caulker has really taken his opportunity by the horns though, good on him.

There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

I've got to say based on the past couple weeks I think BAE will be the one struggling to get back in. Vertonghen at left back has been a revelation!

have to say, I love love LOVE BAE, but I agree!!!!
verts is fantastic at LB and Kaboul/Caulker 'could' develop into a superb CB pairing...

Vertonghen is an upgrade on BAE. He must stay left back with Gallas, Kaboul or Caulker central.

I asked this in the Jan thread, wasn't one of the selling points for him coming to us because we would play him primarily as a CB??

Back