• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad

So, I’ve been bored at work and have just done this:

GK - Vicario, Austin, Forster
RB - Porro, Spence, Gray, Dragusin
RCB - Romero, Dragusin
LCB - Van De Ven, Dragusin, Davies
LB - Udogie, Spence, Davies, Van De Ven, Skipp
#6 - Bissouma, Gray, Bentancur, Skipp
#8 - Sarr, Bentancur, Gray, Bergvall, Skipp
#10 - Maddison, Bergvall, Kulusevski, Devine, Gray
RW - Johnson, Kulusevski, Moore
CF - Richarlison, Son, Kulusevski
LW - Son, Werner, Moore, Johnson

To leave: (Permanently) Emerson, Reguillon, Lo Celso, Solomon, Scarlett, Richarlison; (Loan) Phillips, Lankshear, Veliz, Donley

Upgrades: Gyokeres / Toney, Neto / Eze, Ederson, Ramsey

The key takeouts for me are:

1) Amazingly versatile squad, with so many players that are multi-faceted which will ensure we keep squad fresh and hungry this season, more so than last

2) We’re still weak at CF - how do we upgrade without blocking Lankshear’s potential path, assuming he continues developing at the same rate?

3) The squad is nearly full and we really only have space for 1 / 2 signings if the expected departures come to pass, so I’m not expecting too many incomings

4) The future’s bright, the future’s lilywhite. COYS!!!

Gray, moore devine and bergvall will not take a place in the prem 25 man squad. Not sure if moore will in the europa. Devine won't.

So question considering current squad

- How much do we buy from here and potentially block youth progression
- Or take a risk and plan to have Gray, Bergvall, Moore, Lankshear, Devine, Austin play a real part in this season?
- option 3, splash on one position (my call - striker) and let the youth take the other roles?

And what result would you be satisfied with if at end of season, 4 of those players are established squad options?

I think we'll keep Davies as 4th CB for his last year and keep a space for Vuskovic.

I think we might let Gray, Spence and Donley cover the fullbacks - i.e. not replace Royal and Regulion.

I think we might buy one versatile forward to cover RW/CF, but that Lankshear and Moore will get minutes.

So I think mainly back the youth. They look ready and are in some ways (speed of passing) are outshining the established players. And there's a lot of them, so we only need 2 or so of the 7 or 8 to have breakout years, and we are laughing.

Gray, moore devine and bergvall will not take a place in the prem 25 man squad. Not sure if moore will in the europa. Devine won't.
Yes, I get that they won’t count, it’s more a bodies thing. We surely won’t want more than 25 ‘regular’ players knocking about and getting splinters…

Yes, I get that they won’t count, it’s more a bodies thing. We surely won’t want more than 25 ‘regular’ players knocking about and getting splinters…

It will be anges choice. But we have got space if he wants to buy a couple more players. Or we can loan or sell. Which i'm sure we will do.

- Or take a risk and plan to have Gray, Bergvall, Moore, Lankshear, Devine, Austin play a real part in this season?
- option 3, splash on one position (my call - striker) and let the youth take the other roles?

And what result would you be satisfied with if at end of season, 4 of those players are established squad options?
1-2 players that we think fairly quickly will be first choice or close enough to it imo.

Make some tough choices on those younger players. Get some loans done even if we think they could do a job for the first team this season as squad players. They will need game time and their development is important. Who that should be probably depends on incomings. For me Gray, Bergvall and Moore the most likely to stay, but others could too of course.

The sheer number of very talented young players right now is great to see. Need to trust them, but also make sure they get loans if they won't get enough game time here.

Target for the next season should be clear improvement.

I would splash out on Eze, get Jonathan David for the reported £20-30m and then let the youth cover the rest.

I'm happy with 5th again but want to see more consistency in performance. Of course would love higher and a cup.

I would splash out on Eze, get Jonathan David for the reported £20-30m and then let the youth cover the rest.

I would still pool those two fees and put everything on Isak or Osimhen.

I think we've got enough creative AMs, and David seems a bit too Werner (pace but can't finish) to me.

I would still pool those two fees and put everything on Isak or Osimhen.

I think we've got enough creative AMs, and David seems a bit too Werner (pace but can't finish) to me.

Won't be getting either. Saudi Sportswashing Machine don't need to sell. Osimhen would cost a fortune (transfer fees and wages) and will be looking at clubs challenging for the title. I doubt he'd see us in that light.

Won't be getting either. Saudi Sportswashing Machine don't need to sell. Osimhen would cost a fortune (transfer fees and wages) and will be looking at clubs challenging for the title. I doubt he'd see us in that light.

Maybe if we throw enough money at him. I don’t know why Arsenal aren’t going got Osimhen. Speaking of Arsenal, they managed to get Aubameyang at a time when they were in a similar position to us in the league. Still unlikely as you say but I don’t think it’s impossible.

I'm happy with 5th again but want to see more consistency in performance. Of course would love higher and a cup.

Similar targets for me. Less goals conceded is a must have. Not as many heavy defeats too. Personally I’d prefer a trophy even if it means missing out on the top 4. Even if it’s the league cup. Whether the club would accept that I don’t know.

Audere est facere.

Arsenal moved up a gear when they switched from quantity to quality and started buying just one £100m player. I think we are just about at that stage now.

Similar targets for me. Less goals conceded is a must have. Not as many heavy defeats too. Personally I’d prefer a trophy even if it means missing out on the top 4. Even if it’s the league cup. Whether the club would accept that I don’t know.
same for me.

more defensive solidity- turn some defeats into draws and be harder to beat
win a cup

Audere est facere.

Arsenal moved up a gear when they switched from quantity to quality and started buying just one £100m player. I think we are just about at that stage now.

It's not abou audere est facere. The player has to want to join you and the selling club has to be willing to sell. The saudis don't need money. They are clear of psr and if they need a few £ they can put the price of petrol up.

Osimhen. Yeah go for it. But i really doubt it will come off.

It's not like the club are given a choice. Take one or the other.

If they were though they'd pick cl. As would every club. Sadly it's the way it is.

Personally i'd prefer to win a trophy.

Maybe if we throw enough money at him. I don’t know why Arsenal aren’t going got Osimhen. Speaking of Arsenal, they managed to get Aubameyang at a time when they were in a similar position to us in the league. Still unlikely as you say but I don’t think it’s impossible.
Arsenal were willing to pay star incomings significantly more than we ever have.

Back