• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad

We think we need a goal scorer, don't care if they are 6'3 or 5'9 and cover in goal, Austin is a good keeper but a nightmare with ball at his feet.

goalkeeper: vicario/austin/gunter/forster

centrebacks: romero/vdv/dragusin/davies

left back: udogie/donley

right back: porro/spence

defending mid: bissouma/sarr/skipp/bantancur/

attacking mid: maddison/bergvall/devine

right mid: johnson/kulu/gray

left mid: yang/werner/solomon

strikers: son/lankshear/richy/moore
I think this team good enough for 5th again next season.
Only expected decline from last season would be Son, the rest should be playing better.
The youth bring necessary depth with sufficient quality
a new striker would be a bonus and should improve the team and raise expectations high than 4th

I think this team good enough for 5th again next season.
Only expected decline from last season would be Son, the rest should be playing better.
The youth bring necessary depth with sufficient quality
a new striker would be a bonus and should improve the team and raise expectations high than 4th
We should comfortably get 4th with what we already have. Villa seemed to have regressed. Liverpool could easily come apart too, which could throw open 3rd to us.

So this is kind of what we are looking like after today's business:

---------------------------------Vicario(Austin)

Porro(Spence)-Romero(Dragusin)-van de Ven(Davies)-Udogie(Donley)

-------------------------------Bissouma(Gray)

----------------Sarr(Bentancur)-------------Maddison(Bergvall)

---Kulusevski(Johnson)--------------------------------------Son(Werner)

-----------------------------Richarlison(Solanke)

Plus (to make 25 man squad) - Phillips, Devine, Moore

To sell - Forster, Whiteman, Reguilon, Skipp, Lo Celso, Solomon, Scarlett
To loan - Dorrington, Lankshear
Loaned - Vuskovic, Craig, Yang, Gil, Veliz

I think that's actually really strong and nicely balanced. One more wide player in and I think we'll have a great shot at CL next season.

So this is kind of what we are looking like after today's business:

---------------------------------Vicario(Austin)

Porro(Spence)-Romero(Dragusin)-van de Ven(Davies)-Udogie(Donley)

-------------------------------Bissouma(Gray)

----------------Sarr(Bentancur)-------------Maddison(Bergvall)

---Kulusevski(Johnson)--------------------------------------Son(Werner)

-----------------------------Richarlison(Solanke)

Plus (to make 25 man squad) - Phillips, Devine, Moore

To sell - Forster, Whiteman, Reguilon, Skipp, Lo Celso, Solomon, Scarlett
To loan - Dorrington, Lankshear
Loaned - Vuskovic, Craig, Yang, Gil, Veliz

I think that's actually really strong and nicely balanced. One more wide player in and I think we'll have a great shot at CL next season.
Think Forster will be backup, and won't the kids stick around while we are in the Europa and domestic cups, and then loaned in January if they are not getting minutes with us?

Think Forster will be backup, and won't the kids stick around while we are in the Europa and domestic cups, and then loaned in January if they are not getting minutes with us?

I think Austin has been showing in pre-season the kind of ability Forster hasn't for about 5 years. We might keep him around for the craic in GK training, but I don't think he'll ever play for us again.

We've 6 CBs now, so at least one of Philips or Dorrington needs to go out (irrespective of EL). And probably Dorrington as Philips did last season.

With Lankshear - I think adding Solanke has put paid to any minutes he might have got, so I think best send him to a top championship team to fire them to promotion. Son and Kulu can provide 3rd and 4th backups at CF if need be

Yeah, it's looking at where the spaces are in the squad and seeing if any of the youngsters can fit in. If we don't have a space there is no point in keeping them around for a few months to give them a run out in a few games.

I don't think we will sell Forster though.

I guess there was a press conference yesterday:

Postecoglou has confirmed that some players will seal loan moves fairly soon and others may have to wait until the end of the transfer window.

"It’s all on an individual basis," said Postecoglou on when Tottenham will make decisions over potential loan moves. "If it’s guys where we feel definitely we need to give them some game time — and there’s a couple in that boat — that will probably happen earlier.

"Others, we might wait a little bit. And until we know who is out as well. And that can happen right up until the end of the window. It’ll be on an individual basis. Some we’ll move early. Others at the back end of the window."

Postecoglou has confirmed that some players will seal loan moves fairly soon and others may have to wait until the end of the transfer window.

"It’s all on an individual basis," said Postecoglou on when Tottenham will make decisions over potential loan moves. "If it’s guys where we feel definitely we need to give them some game time — and there’s a couple in that boat — that will probably happen earlier.

"Others, we might wait a little bit. And until we know who is out as well. And that can happen right up until the end of the window. It’ll be on an individual basis. Some we’ll move early. Others at the back end of the window."

I guess Devine in particular might get squeezed out if we bring in a WF (with Kulu becoming full-time #10/Maddison rotation)

Dane out now

Think we did really good this window with outgoing, both the intended permanent ones and the loans ..

Decent read, and kinda highlights both the daft nature of the European system, and also the shortcomings in our player development. It will be OK in years to come I think as its clear we have a good selection of youngsters coming through, but the hoops that the club need to jump through are insane.

I can see why you'd think it's daft but in my opinion it makes sense. Puts pressure on clubs to invest in their academies and use those players. Dorrington, donley, hall, abbott and moore can all be used in europe to make up any shortages in the squad.

Lo celso and reguillon are likely off. So that gives us some room.

Last edited:
I can see why you'd think it's daft but in my opinion it makes sense. Puts pressure on clubs to invest in their academies and use those players. Dorrington, donley, hall, abbott and moore can all be used in europe to make up any shortages in the squad.

Lo celso and reguillon are likely off. So that gives us some room.
It's daft that you don't get rewarded for having MORE than 4 club trained players. You can ONLY put 4 on that list. If you have more, they have to go on the A list. That's daft. It should be a minimum requirement, not a maximum. As it is, it's actually both a minimum and maximum. Very weird.

It's daft that you don't get rewarded for having MORE than 4 club trained players. You can ONLY put 4 on that list. If you have more, they have to go on the A list. That's daft. It should be a minimum requirement, not a maximum. As it is, it's actually both a minimum and maximum. Very weird.

The squads max size is 25 (not counting u21s). This is to stop clubs hoarding players. You can have as many club trained players as you want in that 25. The minimum to have a full squad is 4. Then 4 hg. The maximum amount of non hg/ct players you can have is 17.

The squads max size is 25 (not counting u21s). This is to stop clubs hoarding players. You can have as many club trained players as you want in that 25. The minimum to have a full squad is 4. Then 4 hg. The maximum amount of non hg/ct players you can have is 17.
Agreed. While it's perhaps unlikely in this day and age that clubs would stock up on way too many home grown and club trained players I think the absolute maximum squad size for senior players makes a lot of sense.

The reward is clear for having more hg/ct players up to a point. Larger squad size, more flexibility in the transfer market.

PL and European competitions having different home grown rules is a bit clunky and difficult though.

Back