• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

yeah baby, champions league

:cool:

If we manage to do it as runners-up now though, it'll be against the odds. Arse are effectively level with us on points, since the chances of their failing to beat Villa are nil. We therefore have two games to equal their points haul from their game at City. Against two sides with everything to play for, with half our side injured or suspended. What's your bet on the final order? I still think we can do it, but I'm not anywhere near confident.

Yeah, like how you react when Liverpool FC send certain official tweets ...;)

touché

I'm providing a valuable public service there, it's important to not let people forget what absolute clams they are

on that note, looking at the media tossfest over Leicester I'm so glad city ran the dippers down two years ago, things would have been a hundred times worse than this

If we manage to do it as runners-up now though, it'll be against the odds. Arse are effectively level with us on points, since the chances of their failing to beat Villa are nil. We therefore have two games to equal their points haul from their game at City. Against two sides with everything to play for, with half our side injured or suspended. What's your bet on the final order?

ultimately, it doesn't really matter, you can't sign players with bragging rights

but, we have 3 points and a massively superior gd, they have to play Aguero next weekend, I think 4th is far more likely for them than 2nd

touché

I'm providing a valuable public service there, it's important to not let people forget what absolute clams they are

on that note, looking at the media tossfest over Leicester I'm so glad city ran the dippers down two years ago, things would have been a hundred times worse than this

:D

ultimately, it doesn't really matter, you can't sign players with bragging rights

but, we have 3 points and a massively superior gd, they have to play Aguero next weekend, I think 4th is far more likely for them than 2nd

I would normally agree with the point about them playing Aguero...but City have yet to win game vs any top 6 side....one win vs anyone in top 8..we need to beat Soton..

Arsenal are in tottering, the Wenger situation is out of hand and affecting performance.

I'm not saying stick a fork in them, but they are resting on the counter top.

Right now I don't need a hug, I don't want sympathy (which I am bizarrely getting from a couple of Liverpool mates). I need Sunday to come around quickly, I've got a ticket and I'll be singing myself 'til I'm hoarse!

I hope the Team feel the same way.

COYS!!!!

If that scenario panned out and Arsenal won 12-0 on the last day then I would be convinced we were jinxed.

As it is, even if we fail to win on Sunday I have a feeling we may be celebrating finishing above them lot half-way back up M6 around 6pm

I should be in a bar in Gatwick after our game, hopefully with enough of a Wi-fi signal on my mobile to watch City beat them.

If we don't manage to finish above them this season, after all that's gone on, it'll be a massive kick in the balls, so I don't agree it doesn't matter. It would be a huge downer and a potential psychological barrier to realising our potential next term. One that we certainly don't need.

If we don't manage to finish above them this season, after all that's gone on, it'll be a massive kick in the balls, so I don't agree it doesn't matter. It would be a huge downer and a potential psychological barrier to realising our potential next term. One that we certainly don't need.

Agreed; despite all the great work,it'll take "Spurs-ey" to new heights.
I'd stop following club football due to proof of juju being involved..

We effectively need three points to secure although in reality, maybe just 1 tbh if City and Arsenal draw. I think we will beat Southampton, the fans and players will want to finish off in style and after that, it doesn't really matter but beating Saudi Sportswashing Machine to finish with 76 would be good.

The big question is which players will we have available for the last two games.

Dembele is the only one who definitely won't be. Everything else was dealt with by the ref and all the other stuff will go the way of the club receiving a fine and a reminder of its responsibilities. We don't have form for this sort of thing so I don't expect any real drama.

Dembele is the only one who definitely won't be. Everything else was dealt with by the ref and all the other stuff will go the way of the club receiving a fine and a reminder of its responsibilities. We don't have form for this sort of thing so I don't expect any real drama.

Wasn't the Moose thing right in front of the lino? Doesn't that count as him 'seeing it'?

Wasn't the Moose thing right in front of the lino? Doesn't that count as him 'seeing it'?

Don't think he is going to get away with that Steff. I think this will be played up in the media even though the Lino is looking square at it. They will ban him for sure. For what its worth, I don't think he proper gouges at him, it wasn't like Mourinho and Vilanova, he almost places his finger and adds a bit of pressure rather than outright poking but either way it won't have gone down well with the masses.

My take on the Dembele thing is that Costa was pinching his back and Dembele retaliated to get him off.

My other concern is injuries (Rose and Toby).

Right now I don't need a hug, I don't want sympathy (which I am bizarrely getting from a couple of Liverpool mates). I need Sunday to come around quickly, I've got a ticket and I'll be singing myself 'til I'm hoarse!

I hope the Team feel the same way.

COYS!!!!

What if, and this is a crazy idea, we could actually play a game on a Saturday?

Well that was a short nights sleep. But glad to have gotten 3 hours and woken up. The heart certainly has taken a kicking again tonight.
Hopefully we can calm down now and get the three points against Southampton without getting pulled into further dark arts battles with them. West brom did it second half and chelsea all tonight, and we came out badly.

The thought of this continuing in the next two games isn't pleasant if we can't get back to controlling them and koemans certainly going to also aim to get at us with mane rolling around each time someone looks at him. And needing points at Saudi Sportswashing Machine never good, a shame the arse game is after ours.

It would also be tragic if the team can't rally to ensure Harry gets the golden boot he deserves.

Points_Distribution_Table.png

Those darn mid table sides that see us as a peer (or beneath them even in some deluded cases) and always play out of their skins against us.

Against sides currently placed 7th to 14th:

33 Leicester
32 Manchester Utd
31 Emirates Marketing Project
26 West Ham
25 Arsenal, Tottenham
22 Southampton, Crystal Palace
19 Swansea
18 Liverpool, Everton, Watford
17 Stoke
16 Bournemouth
14 West Brom