• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I think Rose will be fine. Not sure about Toby. First we've seen of him injured. Wimmer can do a great job with Verts tho if we need. I hope Dembele is not banned, after everything that happened in that game, it would be silly to pick his offence out retrospectively - if so you need to pick out 10 or so others as well.

Are we assured of CL football?

I reckon Dembele will be suspended for 3 games.
Toby and Rose can miss because of injuries.
Lamela's incident was noticed and I don't think he will get suspended, because there was no card for his action.

We need to win one of our two remaining games to make sure we finish 2nd.

So, worst case team for Southampton...

--------------lloris
walker----wimmer---vert---davies
----------dier-----mason
---son------eriksen-----chadli
--------------kane

Nice open game, 3-1 spurs win.

I think Rose will be fine. Not sure about Toby. First we've seen of him injured. Wimmer can do a great job with Verts tho if we need. I hope Dembele is not banned, after everything that happened in that game, it would be silly to pick his offence out retrospectively - if so you need to pick out 10 or so others as well.

Are we assured of CL football?

Barring some huge GD swings. Man C winning both (incl against Arse) gets them to 70 and Arse winning their other game gets them to 70. There needs to be a 14 GD swing between us and Arse over the final 2 games for us finish below 3rd

So, worst case team for Southampton...

--------------lloris
walker----wimmer---vert---davies
----------dier-----mason
---son------eriksen-----chadli
--------------kane

Nice open game, 3-1 spurs win.

Southampton need the points. We will be somewhat deflated. Not sure its a nailed on win

Southampton need the points. We will be somewhat deflated. Not sure its a nailed on win

Possibly, but I think Poch can get them going. I hope our fans give the players a really good atmosphere for the last home game of the season though, they have done brilliantly this season bar the first couple of months. A better start to the season and a little bit more nous in closing out big games, we could be a title winning team in future (I hope).

What a season! Many of us predicted a top 4 finish, but we were secretly being a little hopeful, optimistic :) A great achievement especially considering the average age of this team. How have we faired to past seasons?

Last edited:
Now is exactly when we need to remember those famous words :
It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high. So high in fact that even Failure will have in it an echo of glory.

I don't see us as having failed at all but we have found ourselves in a position none of us could have foreseen at the start of the season and we may have fallen short in our ability to challenge at the end, but the fact that we were even challenging for such heights this year has been amazing. Our team will learn but more importantly our young manager will learn from this. we will be hearing those Echoes of Glory before too long.

I reckon Dembele will be suspended for 3 games.
Toby and Rose can miss because of injuries.
Lamela's incident was noticed and I don't think he will get suspended, because there was no card for his action.

We need to win one of our two remaining games to make sure we finish 2nd.

Well we know Alli is suspended.

From what we have seen from footage so far the following players could be in trouble:

Walker - kick on Pedro in first half; I suspect the Asst saw something and chose not to intervene and therefore should avoid any further action.
Lamela - 'alleged' stamp on Fabregas; again the ref and Asst seemed to discuss it and decided there was no incident; even from footage it's hard to determine that there was any deliberate attempt to stamp so I suspect there will be no further action for this one either.
Dembele - silly boy; clearly deserves a 3-game ban but I wonder whether if the Asst witnessed it he may get off on a technicality.

There should have course be additional problems if any misconduct reports are written about specific events; based on what SKy showed Vorm could be in some trouble and Poch could feasibly be given a touchline ban. We will of course be charged for receiving 5 or more cautions in the same game and us and Chelsea will definitely be charged for failing to control players. This will be a fine. Without knowing the competition rules I couldn't rule out that they dock us a point/points - it was ages ago but both Arsenal and Man Utd were docked points in 1990 for a 21-man brawl?

As for the injuries Rose has gone off in similar circumstances in the past and been ok the following weekend.

Alderweireld looked in some pain; not sure what the injury was but it was probably a logical decision to bring off a marginally injued player - specifically a defender when you need to get some attackers on.

Worst case scenario for So'ton therefore is that all 5 (+ Vorm) listed players above are banned/injured. The team would then be:

Lloris, Trippier, Vertonghen, Wimmer, Davies, Dier, Mason, Son, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane.

Personally I'd expect Toby and Rose to be fit; Dembele will probably be suspended (but the technicality stated above might save us).

Back