• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Yep, and a win against Soton or a draw and a City win against Arsenal also guarantees 2nd. Theoretically if both us and Arsenal draw we should finish 2nd unless we lose heavily and Arsenal win heavily last day of the season.

If City beat Arsenal and we all finish on 70pts. Assuming we lost both game by a single goal (leaves GD +37), City would probably need to beat Arsenal by 2 goals and Swansea away by 5 goals to finish above ( or any combination of 7 goals).
Arsenal would need then to score 14 v Villa to finish above us. I think therefore 3rd is ours minimum.

A point v Soton means Arsenal HAVE to beat City.

The big plus to getting a point last night also means unlike the previous 4 times, finishing aove Arsenal will be in OUR hands if it goes to the last day

Leicester deserve the hype and over-the-top coverage, it's amazing what they have done. I have been bitter as phuck while we could catch them, cursing their luck etc. But now it's over, I just have to admire what they have achieved. We probably won't see a similar thing done for decades.

Leicester deserve the hype and over-the-top coverage, it's amazing what they have done. I have been bitter as phuck while we could catch them, cursing their luck etc. But now it's over, I just have to admire what they have achieved. We probably won't see a similar thing done for decades.

I totally agree

I think 4/5 clubs need to look at themselves as there was not one fight from the pack, but thats not to take anything away from Leicester

Agree. Let them have their moment - no bad blood at our end.
At the end of the day if Leicester had come from nowhere after we'd led the table since the 18th match I think we'd be pretty tinkled to have it taken off us at the end. When I switched it around in my head like that I realised that them winning it was fair enough.

Agreed. Last night I felt like staying away from the news for a month but feeling much better about it now. Congratz to Leicester. They did manage to stay top for a very long period of time.

Next season is going to be huge and very difficult to predict. The lottery winning clubs won't take this lying down and with Conte and Pep coming they'll be looking to buy up every decent player they can find.

If we finish above Arsenal that could be the kick up the arse they need to kick on and win the title.

United have under achieved since Fergie left and next season they'll likely have Mourinho who will be more than keen to make everyone forget about what will have been a very humiliating season for him.

West Ham have some good foundations to build on and have looked very impressive at times. Their performance against us in the away fixture was the best I'd seen against us this season. Payet will be courted by bigger clubs but I can't see him leaving after one season unless West Ham decide the money being offered is too good to turn down.

And then of course theirs Leicester. I can't see them winning the title again but their success should at the very least see them settle in the Premier League for a while to come. They've garnered a lot of international attention and as mad as it is to think the sort of glory hunting kids who'd usually grow up supporting United or Chelsea will now be growing up supporting Leicester. This summer they'll be more attractive to big names then they have been at any point in their history. I can see them being round the top 6 but I think their biggest undoing will be European competition.

Although having said this our players will have a summer to reflect how close they've come to winning the title at their first attempt. They are only going to get better and better and a lot of them will have Euro 2016 to play in which I personally think is fantastically convenient preparation for their first Champions League season. We also won't have to deal with Thursday night games, unless we finish 3rd in the CL group, which will be a huge bonus.

Agreed. Last night I felt like staying away from the news for a month but feeling much better about it now. Congratz to Leicester. They did manage to stay top for a very long period of time.

Next season is going to be huge and very difficult to predict. The lottery winning clubs won't take this lying down and with Conte and Pep coming they'll be looking to buy up every decent player they can find.

If we finish above Arsenal that could be the kick up the arse they need to kick on and win the title.

United have under achieved since Fergie left and next season they'll likely have Mourinho who will be more than keen to make everyone forget about what will have been a very humiliating season for him.

West Ham have some good foundations to build on and have looked very impressive at times. Their performance against us in the away fixture was the best I'd seen against us this season. Payet will be courted by bigger clubs but I can't see him leaving after one season unless West Ham decide the money being offered is too good to turn down.

And then of course theirs Leicester. I can't see them winning the title again but their success should at the very least see them settle in the Premier League for a while to come. They've garnered a lot of international attention and as mad as it is to think the sort of glory hunting kids who'd usually grow up supporting United or Chelsea will now be growing up supporting Leicester. This summer they'll be more attractive to big names then they have been at any point in their history. I can see them being round the top 6 but I think their biggest undoing will be European competition.

Although having said this our players will have a summer to reflect how close they've come to winning the title at their first attempt. They are only going to get better and better and a lot of them will have Euro 2016 to play in which I personally think is fantastically convenient preparation for their first Champions League season. We also won't have to deal with Thursday night games, unless we finish 3rd in the CL group, which will be a huge bonus.

Just realised I completely forgot Liverpool. Then I thought about it for a moment and came to the conclusion they don't need mentioning...

Liverpool are the team to fear next season IMO. If they whittle down their squad and don't bring too many, they'll do well. They are us, but 15/18 months behind.

City, Chelsea and United will repeat the same mistakes of throwing money, rather than a plan, at their problems, and be in just as much disarray.

Hopefully not. I'm the opposite as are all of my season ticket holding friends. None are happy for Leicester as they have denied us our one shot at the title. Can't believe all the back slapping for these peasants.

Chelsea with Conte, City with Guardiola and United with Mourinho-anyone think we have a chance???? I don't unfortunately.

Only Spurs....

The question is, is it a one season wonder
Liverpool are the team to fear next season IMO. If they whittle down their squad and don't bring too many, they'll do well. They are us, but 15/18 months behind.

City, Chelsea and United will repeat the same mistakes of throwing money, rather than a plan, at their problems, and be in just as much disarray.

No way are Liverpool us but 12/18 months behind, we have a very strong core of good, quality young players, that's not what I see at Liverpool.

The question is, is it a one season wonder

No way are Liverpool us but 12/18 months behind, we have a very strong core of good, quality young players, that's not what I see at Liverpool.

Inglethorpe has been head of their academy for a few years now. Their production line will be bearing fruits soon enough. Apparently Klopp meets him every day, whereas Rodgers barely spoke with him from one month to the next.

Leicester biggest problem now is similar to us in that they don't have the stadium to get the revenue required to sustain a league winning side and I can't see them attracting the kids either, they'll still support the multi-trophy winning teams as they can say "we've won x trophies in the last 10 years" as opposed to "we've won 1 trophy".

I understand why you say that, however City with Guardiola may not be in as much disarray; he'll coach the hell out of them and i think they will pull away from Chelski and United...where we or Liverpool fit into that only time will tell, but make no mistake City will not be in disarray with Guardiola at the helm

Inglethorpe has been head of their academy for a few years now. Their production line will be bearing fruits soon enough. Apparently Klopp meets him every day, whereas Rodgers barely spoke with him from one month to the next.

Inglethorpe may have been but how many kids have broken, or are about to break, through the ranks that rate alongside the likes of Kane?

I understand why you say that, however City with Guardiola may not be in as much disarray; he'll coach the hell out of them and i think they will pull away from Chelski and United...where we or Liverpool fit into that only time will tell, but make no mistake City will not be in disarray with Guardiola at the helm

It will take Guardiola a year or two to sort things. Possibly even more. He's also building somewhere where there are no foundations for his philosophy, whereas Barca and Bayern had both recently been coached by van Gaal

Inglethorpe was our under 18s coach iirc, it's a big step up to running a whole academy and assuming his job is more over-seeing the coaches (among other things) rather than actual on the training pitch work it may take more time for the positive effects to come to fruition (that is assuming he can transfer his skills to the new role) - if their coaches aren't up to how he wants them to work he'll need to bring in those that can do what is required for example

Leicester biggest problem now is similar to us in that they don't have the stadium to get the revenue required to sustain a league winning side and I can't see them attracting the kids either, they'll still support the multi-trophy winning teams as they can say "we've won x trophies in the last 10 years" as opposed to "we've won 1 trophy".

I don't know about that! I was born in 93 and live in East Anglia but there were still a few Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans in my year at school with no connection to the area or family ties to the club because they were about the top positions and they haven't won anything in Christ knows how many years.

Kids love a fairytale and Leicester are that. I'm not saying all of the United glory hunting sort will grow up supporting them but a decent portion may well do.

The problem with kids supporting Leics is their parents might not and ultimately its them that sorts the long term destiny.....

Back