• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I'm totally fed up of every sports bulletin on tv or radio being all about when (not if) Leicester win the league yesterday/tonight, how Ranieri will miss it as he flies back from Italy (because it's a foregone conclusion that we will lose tonight), how the champagne is on ice for tonight (literally just heard that one now on tv) etc. I know it is to be expected but because of our situation everything is striking much more of a grinding chord with me than it probably would if we were lower down the table.
As for everyone wanting Leicester - I think there will be as much, if not more, joy in some quarters at us 'losing' it (even though it has never been ours to lose) as there will be for Leicester if they do win it.
I much prefer to be written off rather than being expected to win like before wba to be honest.

Gonna be interesting to see how they deal now with Drinkwater and Huth suspended

And I agree. After west Brom all I heard was it was us losing it... We have never been top all season and despite having the youngest, most inexperienced side, are the only ones having a go. We deserve massive credit for that

Beat me to it. That was the first headline I saw, 'Spurs blow title chance'

Pathetic journalism. No, Liverpool at Palace and Gerrards slip. United 8pts clear of City. Saudi Sportswashing Machine 11pts clear of United. Those my friends, are teams blowing the title, not a team 8pts behind with 4 games left.
And people wonder why I have to take blood pressure tablets for the rest of my life. f#ckin press busw@nkers

There seems to be a recent air of despondency. As though we have lost something.
But we never had the title to begin with, we have never finished in the top 3 while this thing has been titled the Premier League.
This is an absolutely fantastic year, made all the better by the clear and driven set-up now at our club which will see a group of young, talented, driven players under the tutelage of an intelligent and committed coach launching itself into the next season in an even stronger position.
Our start to this season is what has really prevented us winning the title, not the niggles around one or two points at this tail-end.
At the beginning of the season, what were our expectations? Look how far we have come.

At the beginning of next season, what will our expectations be? Will our start not most likely be better? Our players even more in tune with the demands and style of MP? With a slightly stronger squad ready to cope with fixtures and injuries and necessary tactical adjustments?

I can say with real expectation that the future is bright, the future is Lily-white.

WBA had nothing to play for, didn't stop them turning up did it?
Southampton have more against us than WBA.
Also, it adds more pressure on them, with them having something to play for now.

With regards to Southampton, I dont it would have mattered whether they had something to play for or not. Their fans will be eager for their team to ruin our party, and the recent history between the clubs means they will be well up for this game regardless.
For me the fact they need to win themselves should mean a really open game which should suit us down to the ground

There seems to be a recent air of despondency. As though we have lost something.
But we never had the title to begin with, we have never finished in the top 3 while this thing has been titled the Premier League.
This is an absolutely fantastic year, made all the better by the clear and driven set-up now at our club which will see a group of young, talented, driven players under the tutelage of an intelligent and committed coach launching itself into the next season in an even stronger position.
Our start to this season is what has really prevented us winning the title, not the niggles around one or two points at this tail-end.
At the beginning of the season, what were our expectations? Look how far we have come.

At the beginning of next season, what will our expectations be? Will our start not most likely be better? Our players even more in tune with the demands and style of MP? With a slightly stronger squad ready to cope with fixtures and injuries and necessary tactical adjustments?

I can say with real expectation that the future is bright, the future is Lily-white.

Spot on.

Crikey, after the 0-0 draw at Everton and the disappointing Transfer Deadline Day, it was looking bleak. EL football looked a dream, never mind CL. And 2nd place? Most of us would have p#ssed ourselves laughing if you had said we had a great chance to finish runners-up for the first time in over 50 years.

Whatever the outcome tonight lets not get too down, Yes, it might have just become the biggest match of the season due to certain players comments, but yesterdays result at St Marys was a big help. Weds night could be too as well. If City fail, then they simply have to beat Arsenal next Sunday or risk finishing outside the Top 4. Personally I think we are 1pt from 3rd, maybe even 1pt and al less than 9 GD swing from 2nd.

Others have said it before, but it bears repeating: the only reason we're a bit down is because we're behind Leicester. A team that we would expect to be ahead of and that we would also expect to have Leicester-type results. The fact that they're not is making this more frustrating, because in our minds, in spite of the great season they're having, they're still fudging Leicester.

If it was City, the Scum, Chelsea, or even Manure, we'd be celebrating 2nd like we had won the title.

fudging football weekly are at it as well, they've delayed today's podcast until tomorrow so they can discuss Leicesters title win

fudgeing football weekly are at it as well, they've delayed today's podcast until tomorrow so they can discuss Leicesters title win

What's the big deal here? Some media outlets are delaying programmes or re-scheduling others to cover the possibility of the title being decided today.
So what? That's not bias it is pragmatism.

fudgeing football weekly are at it as well, they've delayed today's podcast until tomorrow so they can discuss Leicesters title win

No, so they can discuss a very important match, you need to remove that chip from your shoulder or people will mistaken you for a whinging Gooner/Chelscm/Scouser :D

Vicar of Leicester on ITN News just now. They are praying for a Chelsea win tonight. Nice to know this sport of story warrants a place on the national news ahead of other worthier news items

No, so they can discuss a very important match, you need to remove that chip from your shoulder or people will mistaken you for a whinging Gooner/Chelscm/Scouser :D

Listen to the 30 second notification clip, they are not delaying it to talk about tonights game, they are delaying it so they can confirm Leicester as title winners.

I don't give a brick about people hating on us, no one gives a brick about Leicester apart from Leicester, but its eating everyone else inside that spurs are better than all the 'big clubs'. You lot should stop moaning and enjoy spurs being better than the teams that count. Next year we need to make sure a brick club like chelsea losing to a nobody team like Leicester doesn't make any difference to us.

Vicar of Leicester on ITN News just now. They are praying for a Chelsea win tonight. Nice to know this sport of story warrants a place on the national news ahead of other worthier news items

Oh noes, we're finished. Quick, get the tarot cards out.

Listen to the 30 second notification clip, they are not delaying it to talk about tonights game, they are delaying it so they can confirm Leicester as title winners.

And?
The title could be determined tonight. Football Weekly might just want to talk about that straight after the event rather than, you know, waiting a week.

Jimbo said the podcast is being delayed "Because something big is happening in West London, tonight. Something big." There was no mention of Leicester or the title. Like I said you need to get that chip of your shoulder. Personally there is nothing bigger than Spurs thrashing Chelscum this evening with the whole world watching.

And supposing Leicester do win the title tonight it would be dumb for them to have to wait until their Thursday podcast. Besides, if the roles were reversed and media thought we were about to win the title I am pretty sure they were still do the same thing. Dude enough with the whinging

And?
The title could be determined tonight. Football Weekly might just want to talk about that straight after the event rather than, you know, waiting a week.

It's the assumption that it WILL happen which annoys me, have the BBC ever said, no news at ten tonight, we have a bigger story tomorrow so we'll see you then

a logical process would be, Monday's show as normal there are still 9 games and an intriguing relegation battle to discuss, and they don't usually care about Monday night games anyway, if, IF, the title is decided tonight then they can have an extra one tomorrow to ruminate on that

they didn't do this last season, the season before that or any other season I can remember when the winners were crowned on a non match day

#antispurspressbias ;-)

[chip firmly on shoulder, with duct tape]

Back