• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I have always taken the Chelsea game as a banker for Leicester - 3 points nailed on.

If we are going to win the league, we need either Swansea or Everton to do us a favour (i.e. draw) and Man United to win.

We are more than capable of winning all our games; it will be the true form of champions if we do.

Sky Sports news have just said that Leicster's win rate is around 25% with Jamie Vardy, Swansea do have a few spurs old boys that can do us a big big favour.

Everton actually have a very good away record this season. In fact, until their 4-0 debacle to Liverpool, Everton had the second best away defensive record after us and only lost narrowly to Arsenal and ManU away ! But on current form and after losing the FA Cup semi final, not sure if they can trouble Leicester. I guess we will just have to concentrate on winning all our matches and hope Leicester don't win any of theirs !

<Tinfoil hat on>

It occurred to me that Cheatski will simply play badly against both us and Leicester. They can't then be criticised for favouritism, but will effectively mean one fewer games for us to catch up.

It also means that, should things not have gone our way in other results and the last day is a dead rubber, they can go for Leicester and try to prove they were better than the champions, who were better than us even though Cheatski gave us 3pts.

</Tinfoil hat off>

Is this the same hazard who hasn't turned up this season! I don't care how hard they try against us, at the moment I doubt they could live with our team anyway.
It would be sweet to win there To go top though

We now cannot be overtaken by 14 clubs.

Alphabetically, latest highlighted :-

Aston Villa
Bournemouth
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Everton
Liverpool
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Norwich City
Southampton
Stoke City
Sunderland
Swansea City
Watford
West Bromwich Albion
Pro tem, simply where any club is out of reach.

Spam & Manure could yet both get ahead with some outrageous score lines. WHU win by 1 vs MU, both could catch us on 68 points - e.g we lose every game by 4, they win each by 5 means Spurs GD 23, WHU 30, MU 27.

What are the odds ..... who cares?

Anyone watching MOTD? Can Hazard really say that the fans , the club and the players don't want Tottenham to win the league? Given that they still have to play both us and Leicester? We heard Fabregas say it midweek and now Hazard tonight speaking for the whole club. I know we all knew that anyway but to actually blatantly say it outright and not even give a pretence of professionalism is a bit out of order

It's dodgy af.

It's essentially him saying that they'll throw the game as he and his club want Leicester to win.

They are sailing extremely close to a disrepute charge with those comments. I actually can't believe he's dumb enough to have said it publicly.

It leaves them wide open to accusations of throwing the game.

It should be looked into in the same way that players aren't allowed to bet on games - this is in the same kind of area as they obviously have influence on who they want to win as they play both us and Leicester.

It's dodgy af.

It's essentially him saying that they'll throw the game as he and his club want Leicester to win.

They are sailing extremely close to a disrepute charge with those comments. I actually can't believe he's dumb enough to have said it publicly.

It leaves them wide open to accusations of throwing the game.

It should be looked into in the same way that players aren't allowed to bet on games - this is in the same kind of area as they obviously have influence on who they want to win as they play both us and Leicester.

I would love to see it go down to the last day, but just cant see Leicester drop any points at home. Think we might gain a point back when we both play away leaving us 4 behind.
If by chance it does, I could see Chelsea going ahead but conceding a soft equaliser from a corner from 'poor defending' and Vardy getting hacked down in the area with minutes left and the goalie being pre-advised which corner Vardy is putting it. The Hollywood ending for 'Vardy:The Movie'
(Not paranoid at all)

It will be interesting to see how Leicester line up today in Vardy's absence.
Not having to worry about his pace in behind could mean that Swansea's defence could push up more and deny Ulloa the ability to use his aerial strength closer to goal. Mahrez's pace may become more of a problem but he seems to be playing as though he is knackered by all accounts (a long-term consequence of the fact that Leicester are more a sit and constant sprint side rather than a side that can put their foot on the ball and play the possession game even for half a game?)

I do worry that Swansea are more susceptible than most to Leicester's set-piece play, so i imagine a lot of diving by the likes of Okazaki and Kante in key areas in their final third to get free-kicks.
Hopefully Swansea play Routeledge, Gomis, Montero AND Siggurgsson to hit Leicester in behind.

First goal will be crucial; let's hope that's scored by Swansea!

Paranoia strikes deep :rolleyes:

In to your heart it will creep.

For what it's worth, I am astonished at so many people getting het up about this.

Essentially, the question being asked is: would you rather see some plucky underdogs from 120 miles up the the road win the title, or your bitter rivals from the other side of the river?

We all know the answer, and it is nice to have it honestly expressed, rather than receive an anodyne "it's all about the three points, one game at a time, the lads will defy the laws of mathematics and give 110%" etc. response.

No surprise at all that their fans feel that way. Like you I know a few who would love to have it in their power to screw things up for us. I just did not expect their players to be quite so open about it. My naivety I guess.
'Mr Chelsea' John Terry will be getting it across to the players just how much he doesn't want his last game for them to hand their hated rivals the title

I know Kane's goals are one of the main reason we are still in the title race. But still he has wasted too many of those one-on-one chances this season. Remember, Kane also wasted a similiar chance against Everton at home when he was all alone with the goalie but hit it straight at the goalie and we ended up throwing away 2 valuable points. IMO, regardless of how good or bad a striker is, they should be scoring those one-on-one chances as goalkeepers' options are very limited in those situations. Kane has scored many wonder goals but he really should be improving his one-on-one chance records.
I'm sure I read something in another thread about how even the likes of Messi miss a significant percentage of one-on-ones against the keeper.

Robbie Keane, for all his talent, seemed to mess it up every time!

'Mr Chelsea' John Terry will be getting it across to the players just how much he doesn't want his last game for them to hand their hated rivals the title

Last touch of the ball is an own goal of his groinal area.

18iwr1y6kel2ojpg.jpg

I'm sure I read something in another thread about how even the likes of Messi miss a significant percentage of one-on-ones against the keeper.

Robbie Keane, for all his talent, seemed to mess it up every time!

Keane struggled when he had time on the ball in those situations. When he had to play instinctively he was at his best

Kane has a pretty good one on one record and Everton being an example happened when he had his dip in confidence/form

When he is playing well he scores then like Saudi Sportswashing Machine away and Norwich for example

No surprise at all that their fans feel that way. Like you I know a few who would love to have it in their power to screw things up for us. I just did not expect their players to be quite so open about it. My naivety I guess.

As if the world really needs another demonstration of what bottom-feeders they are....

Mathematically now we need three point to be sure of champions league football. Scum ad city are 4pts back. Make that 7 and the most they can both get is 7pts as they both play each other in their last three games.

So win tomorrow and CL football is locked in.

Back