• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

A bit gutted today. I didn't really expect Leicester to lose to Swansea but I did hope for some dropped points, however unrealistic.
We need to keep winning our games, just in case. And of course, to cement 2nd place. I hope the atmosphere tomorrow will still be full on. It's not over yet.
And, if it doesn't come to pass this season (but I still hold out hope that it can), maybe that's because it's written in the stars that we will win the title in our last season at the current WHL!

And a Shakespear quote for the up-givers ....

O, they have lived long on the alms-basket of words. I marvel thy master hath not eaten thee for a word; for thou art not so long by the head as honorificabilitudinitatibus: thou art easier swallowed than a flap-dragon.

Love's Labours Lost

How apt.

PS - Flap-dragon was a game which involved trying to eat hot raisins from a bowl of burning brandy.

today didn't change anything, points dropped today would have been a miracle

United and Chelsea were always the most likely
No way.
Swansea had the best chance among them, Everton and chelscum.
I'll agree about Everton only if they fire Martinez and appoint a regular manager in the space of one week.
Chelscum is the last team (below villa) I'll hope to steal points from Leicester.

Last edited:
I had Swansea down to lose this game all along, so it doesn't change my prediction. As things stand, I still have Leicester winning it by 2 points.

United and Everton were the ones for me

United are looking better and are well organised and Everton are much better awy from home

O, they have lived long on the alms-basket of words. I marvel thy master hath not eaten thee for a word; for thou art not so long by the head as honorificabilitudinitatibus: thou art easier swallowed than a flap-dragon.

Love's Labours Lost

How apt.

PS - Flap-dragon was a game which involved opening the back flap of your long johns and lighting your farts on fire
Fixed it for you

Love's Labours Lost

How apt.

PS - Flap-dragon was a game which involved trying to eat hot raisins from a bowl of burning brandy.
To be here, or not to be – that is the question. Do I want to sign a new contract? Why not? But I signed a five-year contract and there are still three years left"

Mauricio Pochettino, April 2016.
Our very own bard of the football press conference.

To be fair both the Arsenal game and West Ham games were both missed out opportunities. Not that I think we defiantly should've won them, just they are lessons for our players to learn from next time we're in a title race. They're all young and although other teams will improve if they can all be kept together they'll surely challenge for the title again. Having champions League football under their belts can only improve them more.
I don't think those games were the problem. It was all those draws in the first half of the season. The lesson is that every game counts and there has to be laser focus from minute one to minute 3,420 of a PL campaign. Not easy, when you have so many other competitions to deal with.

In retrospect, not qualifying for EL this year might have been a boon to us, just as it has been with Leicester. With a week to prepare for every match and more time on the training ground we'd probably have clicked much earlier in the season.

Chelsea players are playing for their futures under a new manager. Hiddink will not want to sign off with a defeat. No doubt they will be out to stop us next week but they will not "throw" the game vs Leicester. We need to beat them next week. If Leicester lose at old Trafford and we win at the bridge ( and tomorrow of course) we will win the title IMO.

I don't think those games were the problem. It was all those draws in the first half of the season. The lesson is that every game counts and there has to be laser focus from minute one to minute 3,420 of a PL campaign. Not easy, when you have so many other competitions to deal with.

In retrospect, not qualifying for EL this year might have been a boon to us, just as it has been with Leicester. With a week to prepare for every match and more time on the training ground we'd probably have clicked much earlier in the season.

Statistically it's the first 4 games that have cost us as were actually marginally ahead (before today's game) like fro like with them. This were the games we couldn't buy a goal in and drew 3, and lost to United. We were still playing well but hadn't Clikced up front

Now we're on a different level IMO and without the distraction of midweek football were on for our highest points total in the prem. Whether people like it or not Europa league has an effect on the league form of even the best sides in this league and we will see how a lack of Europe benefits some sides next season again

Back