• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

He has never played this many games in a season and has faded the last 2 months. However the criticism he is getting by some is unfair and for some people to say he has no talent is a joke. He adds more to our game in nearly every aspect to Paulinho (people forget how bad he was for us when he was starting) and there is a big difference in that he wants to make it with us and the other player doesn't give a fudge.

He will come back stronger next season and with added competition, hopefully he will push on in a similar way to Bentelab this season.

Erikson has better technical ability. What Mason does with a ball, Erikson does with an orange. Mason is better in certain areas but there is a reason why the Dane is valued higher.

I'd argue that Eriksen is valued higher because he is a better player and is proven (despite what some people on here think) but there playing completely different roles in our side

My original comment was to highlight how good Masons technical ability cAn be

I'm sure he will have learned loads from this season and will be a much improved player next in whatever position he ends up playing and that can only be a good thing for us

He has never played this many games in a season and has faded the last 2 months. However the criticism he is getting by some is unfair and for some people to say he has no talent is a joke. He adds more to our game in nearly every aspect to Paulinho (people forget how bad he was for us when he was starting) and there is a big difference in that he wants to make it with us and the other player doesn't give a fudge.

He will come back stronger next season and with added competition, hopefully he will push on in a similar way to Bentelab this season.
Agreed, he is a decent player who has had a good first season overall in the PL. I think he will kick on next season and improve further. That being said I think he will be the one making way in the first choice midfield should we manage to sign Schneiderlin. If that did happen then I wouldn't be too adverse to Mason starting in the number 10 role in our harder away games. His workrate would ensure that the opposition's deep midfield player wouldn't get time to settle on the ball and dictate play and he also has enough vision and creativity to make things happen.

Back to just about his best for this season today showing just what he's capable of I thought.

Hopefully a bit of rest followed by a full pre-season, his first after completing a season at this level.

Think there's every chance he'll be better and more consistent next season. Well done!

Great game today against Everton. I wouldn't be Mason's biggest fan on this forum, but a few more performances like that and he'll win me around. Well done to the lad.

Great game today against Everton. I wouldn't be Mason's biggest fan on this forum, but a few more performances like that and he'll win me around. Well done to the lad.

He has put in quite a few performances like that already this season...

His problem has been consistency. In his first top flight season ever (not counting his miserable loan spell in France), being relied on rather heavily in multiple competitions in a very young team under a new manager... It's not a surprise.

So has Mason been involved in pre-season this far? If not you have to wonder if it is because of the injury caused by Wilbrick...and if so, why nothing more was made of it, especially with his anti-Spurs singing antics.

Hmm...one thing i hope we do is buy a string CM who in the last 5 mins - hopefuly when we are in an ok position - at the Emirates can give him a good crunching tackle and say "this is for the Spurs fans!"

So has Mason been involved in pre-season this far? If not you have to wonder if it is because of the injury caused by Wilbrick...and if so, why nothing more was made of it, especially with his anti-Spurs singing antics.

Hmm...one thing i hope we do is buy a string CM who in the last 5 mins - hopefuly when we are in an ok position - at the Emirates can give him a good crunching tackle and say "this is for the Spurs fans!"
No point, he's so fired up during the nld that he'll just injure himself during a recless tackle anyway. No need to pick up yellow or red cards over this cretin.

Well, he certainly reported back for the pre-season training (was in one of the videos), but I haven't seen him in any of the group training photos.

I got told of the challenge the night of the incident and RM is not happy with it felt it was OTT. Hope he clumps him one off the ball that's for sure.

Yeah there is not going to be loads of surprises at Old Trafford really is there? What a silly thing to say. I can't see why the new signings wouldn't be ready as they've gone through all of pre-season other than ones that join from now on. The way I see it, barring injuries or any new arrivals the starting XI is almost certainly going to be along these lines:

GK Lloris
RB Trippier/Walker
CB Alderweireld
CB Vertonghen
LB Rose
CM Bentaleb
CM ???
RW Lamela
AM Eriksen
LW Chadli
CF Kane

As said above, there is only one spot in there that is up for debate at the moment. The only other thing I could see possible is that against the bigger teams he did drop Chadli to move Eriksen left and play Dembele in the hole at times, so that is a possibility too.

Yeah there is not going to be loads of surprises at Old Trafford really is there? What a silly thing to say. I can't see why the new signings wouldn't be ready as they've gone through all of pre-season other than ones that join from now on. The way I see it, barring injuries or any new arrivals the starting XI is almost certainly going to be along these lines:

GK Lloris
RB Trippier/Walker
CB Alderweireld
CB Vertonghen
LB Rose
CM Bentaleb
CM ???
RW Lamela
AM Eriksen
LW Chadli
CF Kane

As said above, there is only one spot in there that is up for debate at the moment. The only other thing I could see possible is that against the bigger teams he did drop Chadli to move Eriksen left and play Dembele in the hole at times, so that is a possibility too.

Poch only introduces new players gradually when they earn their place. I'm fairly confident (injuries allowing), we'll start the season as we finished it:

------------------Lloris
Walker----Dier-------Verts-----Rose
-----------Mason-----Bentaleb
--Lamela------Eriksen----Chadli
-----------------Kane

Poch only introduces new players gradually when they earn their place. I'm fairly confident (injuries allowing), we'll start the season as we finished it:

------------------Lloris
Walker----Dier-------Verts-----Rose
-----------Mason-----Bentaleb
--Lamela------Eriksen----Chadli
-----------------Kane

A player can earn his place in the team on training field

Back