• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

"International class", as in Fabian Delph, Phil Jones, Jagielka, and Townsend? Based on form, he deserves his place just as much as any of those players do. Especially, when you throw in Ross Barkley (who's young but has been poooor this season), Baines (way out of form), Walcott (barely played), Gibbs (worse than Monreal), Milner (hard-working but plodding), and Butland (can't get a game).

Nobody can tell me he doesn't deserve his place. He's one of the best English players in his position this season. Happy for the lad, and I hope he does great, and if he keeps going, he could have a big future.

Congratulations to him, but I think those names you said sum it up though. Being picked for England these days means basically nothing as caps are handed out like sweets where you play a few games in the first team and your straight in the squad. Look at Townsend for GHod's sake. Hope he does well, but England are doomed under Hodgson anyway so it will just be personal achievment for him and Kane rather then any hope of the team doing anything worthwhile.

If he's been selected for the international squad, by definition he is international class.

Sad that Spurs fans of all people prefer to diss their club's own players rather than celebrate their success. Hey ho.

He deserves this, and I'm utterly delighted for him and for the success story he's written for himself over the past year.

He's good enough for England. Half the players are utter dogbrick anyway, and almost no one in the side has the energy and relentless drive to hassle and harry that Mason does.

Congratulations, Ryan lad.

Congratulations to him, but I think those names you said sum it up though. Being picked for England these days means basically nothing as caps are handed out like sweets where you play a few games in the first team and your straight in the squad. Look at Townsend for GHod's sake. Hope he does well, but England are doomed under Hodgson anyway so it will just be personal achievment for him and Kane rather then any hope of the team doing anything worthwhile.

Thanks Shaney, you are always there to see the cloud in any silver lining.

So happy for him. I know that two of the soundest Spurs fans on twitter in Windycoys and Bankrupt have been fapping over Mason for years and have always said he has the ability to be a star. They see it, Roy sees it and Poch sees it. That's a pretty good testament to how good he has been this season.

Five Spurs players in the England squad with a combined transfer cost of around £5,000,000.

Is it 1980 or something?

Didn't we have 5 pre-Sud Afrikaa WC ?

Dawson, Jenas, Lennon, King, Defoe - all picked at some point, maybe Thudd & Livermore on the fringe. I just have it in my mind that we had 5 in a squad. Detail, detail, detail - I forget, I forget, I forget.

Oh yeah .... well done Ryan. Am wondering whether ticket sales need a boost so we are first port of call.

Hope he takes his chance .... get them goals Ryan.

Still his first season in the premier league. Give him a bloody chance. he is home grown, has the will and determination and works damn hard every week for the team. We should all be proud he has made the England squad. We are a shining light for the England Team. Bringing through young English players to a top level team. More teams need to show this level of transition. Instead of wasting money on Foreign players that are crap.

Thanks Shaney, you are always there to see the cloud in any silver lining.

As I said, I congratulate him on his call up and hope he does well. Its all about perspective though. Its never been easier to get an England cap if you play for a big(ish) team so the achievement has certainly been lessened. Tom Cleverley and Phil Jones have 13 caps a piece.

Mason debate on here reminds me of the Carrick debate on here or other forums. I'd say back then there were just as many fans that didn't get what Carrick brought to the table and couldn't see anything that made him a good player.

The fact is that Mason improves the fluidity of our passing game and movement when he's in the team. He improves the team rather than stands out as an individual talent. He makes others better. That's essentially what he brings.

Good luck to the guy and I hope he goes on to be a big player, but to be honest is says more about the lack of talent available to the England squad at this moment in time.

As I said, I congratulate him on his call up and hope he does well. Its all about perspective though. Its never been easier to get an England cap if you play for a big(ish) team so the achievement has certainly been lessened. Tom Cleverley and Phil Jones have 13 caps a piece.

Carlton Palmer!!

Geoff Thomas!!!

Steve Bull!!!

Now that was a brick team with players getting in to it that were not international class

Here, I liked Steve Bull. He deserved his chance more than the likes of Kevin Davies and what-his-face Nugent.

Anyhoo, congrats to Ryan Mason. I do worry that he will ultimately be no more than our Mark Noble, but there's no shame in that and he may yet turn into something a lot better.

Last edited:

i'd say its more a case of hodgson being doomed if he can only use english players

Here, I liked Steve Bull. He deserved his chance more than the likes of Kevin Davies and what-his-dace Nugent.

Anyhoo, congrats to Ryan Mason. I do worry that he will ultimately be no more than our Mark Noble, but there's no shame in that and he may yet turn into something a lot better.

But Mark Noble is the best English passer of the ball currently playing, according to someone who used to play football and now talks about it on tv.

Here, I liked Steve Bull. He deserved his chance more than the likes of Kevin Davies and what-his-dace Nugent.

International goal thief!

Back