• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Congrats to him. Like with Rose I hope it gives him a boost and it helps him keep his motivation up.

A tad interesting that he got called up in place of Lallana, another player to break through fairly late. Actually Lallana was probably around the same as Mason was when he made his PL debut?

Swindon and League One to the England squad in less than a year... :cool:

I can't remember who but i'm sure someone on this forum said when he was at Swindon that he'd play for England. Good shout whoever that was.

It's been a while since we had 5 players in the England squad. Unfortunately we all know one of them will get injured while with the squad, it always happens.

Didn't someone on here bet once that Mason and Kane wouldn't make more than 50 appearances for Spurs collectively?

Can't remember what the bet was, but something fairly substantial. Now both in the England squad !

I don't know why some are so quick to write off Mason. He's more than just decent and in terms of improving and being 23, he's still inexperienced at this level, so I fully expect him to mature. Jordan Henderson looked like dogsh*t a few years ago, now he looks impressive. No reason why Mason can't aim to at least emulate that.

Five Spurs players in the England squad with a combined transfer cost of around £5,000,000.

Is it 1980 or something?

When was the last time we had 4 academy graduates in the England squad?

Who was the last team to have 4 academy graduates in the England squad?

I don't know why some are so quick to write off Mason. He's more than just decent and in terms of improving and being 23, he's still inexperienced at this level, so I fully expect him to mature. Jordan Henderson looked like dogsh*t a few years ago, now he looks impressive. No reason why Mason can't aim to at least emulate that.

Agreed.

If it's also true that this is his first season playing a deeper role I would expect more fairly quick improvement from him as he continues to learn that role more and more.

It was me,will be a proud moment when he gets a cap.

Well done :)

I think this sums up the state of our England squad.

No way he is international class, sorry

He has potential which is something that applies to most of our young players, good for him and good for the club, congrats to him, be interesting to see what formation Roy plays.

I think this sums up the state of our England squad.

No way he is international class, sorry

"International class", as in Fabian Delph, Phil Jones, Jagielka, and Townsend? Based on form, he deserves his place just as much as any of those players do. Especially, when you throw in Ross Barkley (who's young but has been poooor this season), Baines (way out of form), Walcott (barely played), Gibbs (worse than Monreal), Milner (hard-working but plodding), and Butland (can't get a game).

Nobody can tell me he doesn't deserve his place. He's one of the best English players in his position this season. Happy for the lad, and I hope he does great, and if he keeps going, he could have a big future.

Back