• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Done well to strike the ball so sweetly what with the way it was bobbling. First Prem goal of the season, after 33 attempts, hopefully the floodgates will now open and he might be the goalscoring midfielder we've clamoured for...

Really chuffed for the lad. YOu could see what it meant to him in his celebration. ANOTHER one of our own!

The difference between that goal and some of his chances recently is that he took the time to set his feet. Quite often his shooting has been wayward because he has rushed it.

i thought the opposite that all the times it looked wayward because he was trying to set his feet... when once in a while i'd [edit:wished] he'd just put his foot through it :)

same of bentaleb, he packs a mighty shot, but all his shots have been very measured. my guess is in the training contact and technique is prioritized. not wrong of course, nailing the fundamentals takes a long time but once its ingrained as a habit, success will come quickly. Kane is a great example of that.

Last edited:
Was my MotM tonight. Passing was crisp and intelligent throughout and he got in amongst them all over the park, also had a decent shot on target first half before netting with that excellent strike in the second.

It feels like we are now starting to see the real Ryan Mason, the one who can be that bit more than just a half-decent replacement for Modric.

Really chuffed for the lad. YOu could see what it meant to him in his celebration. ANOTHER one of our own!

This .. he fudging loved it ...

He was quite a prolific striker at youth level, makes good runs, just got to put away more

Very good finish for his goal.

What's really scary is that some other managers wouldnt have given him his chance because of his size

Congrats to Mason on his first league goal for us! Must have been a great experience. And thanks, was much needed in the game :)

Like others I thought he took it really well. Must be good for him as he's wasted a couple of good chances in the league earlier, but that one looked like pure instinct. Showing his ability I think.

Had another good game overall too I thought. Good to see. Him and Bentaleb are forming a really nice partnership in the centre of the park.

Great finish to be fair. His shooting has been beyond bad in general, but his 2 goals were both excellent. Getting forward and offering more in attack is what he needs to do every game, to rise above mediocrity and offer something. I'd love to be wrong about Mason and see him score more and get involved more in attack.

Great finish to be fair. His shooting has been beyond bad in general, but his 2 goals were both excellent. Getting forward and offering more in attack is what he needs to do every game, to rise above mediocrity and offer something. I'd love to be wrong about Mason and see him score more and get involved more in attack.

Fair comments but he is playing in one of the holding roles ultimately

I know your not a fan but far play for giving him credit

Fair comments but he is playing in one of the holding roles ultimately

I know your not a fan but far play for giving him credit

Yeah, maybe my issue is with the system if that's the case, I just like the classic combo of one being a little more solid and holding, freeing up the other to venture forward occasionally. If mason does that and effectively I think we'd stretch teams a little more. But those two being tidy in the middle makes us so predictable and we struggle to create genuine chances. Having that runner would give the opposition another thing to think about and create more space.

Very good finish for his goal.

What's really scary is that some other managers wouldnt have given him his chance because of his size

he was very fragile, thin, but he has gained weight especially in the last couple of years. Classic late developer

This .. he fudgeing loved it ...

He was quite a prolific striker at youth level, makes good runs, just got to put away more

He very much played the Eriksen role from the games i remember seeing, to me he appeared to be a mini Jari Litmanen :), good vision, graceful movement, scored goals

I still cant believe he is playing in his current position, I never would have expected it. I think the goals will come, he certainly has them in his locker, he just needs time to fully settle into the role Poch has given him. Literally he is the fulcrum our side, of how we play. When he is not playing we are nowhere near as effective.

Yeah, maybe my issue is with the system if that's the case, I just like the classic combo of one being a little more solid and holding, freeing up the other to venture forward occasionally. If mason does that and effectively I think we'd stretch teams a little more. But those two being tidy in the middle makes us so predictable and we struggle to create genuine chances. Having that runner would give the opposition another thing to think about and create more space.

Your concerns were exactly mine too when we had Crapoue playing there as he sat and effectively slowed everything down

The BIG change with Bentelab and Mason is the speed of passing. It's te metronome thing... Keep the balloting and you will take the opposition out pf their comfort zone and organised shape

We are creating chances but that cpusk be improved

For me yesterday a big difference was ten touch lamella. When a player passed the ball yesterday he knew he would need to be available for a return and that suits these players

BeneficialDetailedChuckwalla.gif

Back