• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Repetitive bickering and point scoring about money and our transfer policy

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Do you work in politics by any chance?

Why does it ALWAYS have to be someone else's / something eles's fault? Every time?

Why can't we say we weren't good enough, our manager didn't prepare well enough, our chairman didn't make the right investments, our players didn't perform well enough?

Why is it wrong to accept responsibility for our actions instead always looking for external factors to justify these shortcomings?

It's not wrong at all.

But, equally, it's not wrong to look at "external factors". In fact, in the context of competition, it would be nonsensical to ignore external factors. In a league format, a team only does well, badly or indifferently relative to all the other teams. And if four teams are better than our team, with bigger budgets and better balanced squads, then that has to be taken into account when appraising targets reached or missed.

I've seen you criticize other people's sources, but a net transfer spend from transfermarkt or similar is a good basis to judge our financial situation on?

How about having a look at the analysis of our financial reports on swissramble? Wouldn't that be a somewhat better source?

It shows both incmoing and outgoing players - i.e. factual events which did happen

Well, we did spend stupidely before, so if we have nothing left then it is his fault anyway.

4 keepers on big wages at the start of the season, means we dont know what we're doing.

I dont want to spend 100m, I want someone who can play a bit with Bale. Look at Coutinho and sturridge, they didnt cost much and are great.

I have had enough of watching players like Siggy and Dempsey who cant play, and aaron Lennon who does nothing every game.

That's what you believe?

Really?

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I find that quite staggering!

I don't, do you? You certainly seem more bent on finding someone to blame than I do. Unless you're secretly Levy posting on here I don't quite see how you blaming him isn't you blaming someone.

Who have I blamed? Please... Who?

I said that I think the transitional season explanation is a valid one. How is that blaming someone or something? Like I said, an explanation is all. If you want to call it an excuse, fair enough. But how what I said can be seen as blaming i really don't get.

How about accepting, just for the sake of argument that we're competing with teams that are in significantly stronger financial positions than ourselves? And that we've done well to put ourselves in a situation to put up a fight with both Chelsea and Arsenal for a CL spot at the end of the season.

It seems to me that if we accept this there might not actually be a need to blame anyone at the club.

You are completely ignoring our performances - plus you can argue both Chelsea and Arsenal have underperformed.

Let me ask you this - do you believe we have performed to our absolute best this season both on and off the pitch (regarding transfers both in and out)

Re: what has happened to the transfer section?

I did twice. If you choose to ignore my posts and his post then that's your perogative.

The whole "we had no money at the end of last season"? I didn't make that statement, I have no argument with that statement, the person who made it seems perfectly capable of defending his own opinion. Why should I have to defend it? I disagreed with your opinion, doesn't mean I have to jump in and defend everyone else who also disagrees with you.

You asked "Who said we have lots of money to spend?"

Previously someone said "we don't have much money". You questioned that and seemed to disagree.

Much and lots might not be exact synonyms I suppose, but they seem somewhat close to me. That was what I disagreed with, because I don't think we have lots of money. I think the statement "we don't have much money" is accurate.

Its both.

What do you want me to believe? That Levy is doing a good job? Appointing brick managers before Redknapp came, not spending properly and never finished above Arsenal. Hes got everything wrong mate so far, dont know what you like him so much for.

Yeah....cos we were European fudging champions before he arrived.

Right?

just point me to the part where it states "we have no money to spend" please...the part where you claimed was the financial report. Thank you.

Save your breath mate. Levy is above criticism amongst some.

Look at how hysterical people get on here whenever an ex Spurs player or someone in the media has a pop at him.

The swiss ramble guy is alright, but he's trying to dumb it down a lot so he tends to barely scratch the surface and sticks to what he considers the 'headlines'. Which to be fair are what most football fans want to know, they don't always tell the whole story though.

It could be because he looks at a lot of teams, and can't spend too long on each though.

As for accuracy i can't tell, i've not looked through other teams accounts. Just at spurs.

Cheers, I think the dumbed down version is better for me ;)

It shows both incmoing and outgoing players - i.e. factual events which did happen

It also completely ignores many factual events. Cherry picking is a fallacy for a reason. One of our financial reports showed us spending close to £10m on agent fees in a single financial year, none of that shows up on a net transfer spend overview.

Our actual financial results are available for most of the period you discussed, that actually shows our profits and losses. That shows how much money we've had available to spend that hasn't been spent. Seems way more relevant.

Look at how hysterical people get on here whenever an ex Spurs player or someone in the media has a pop at him.

He's not above criticism at all.

He's just above nonsensical criticism that is based on ignorance.

Are you doing our books or know someone who is?

If not - hope you can understand if some chose not to accept this as gospel

Can you clarify - are you suggesting criminality on the part of the directors of Tottenham Hotspur? Are you suggesting dishonest reporting of the accounts?

He isn't beyond criticism but some of us remember the Scholar & Solomon days .... or when Robert Maxwell came sniffing. Compared to that rabble Levy is doing an amazing job.

Nobody is perfect, but I for one am a damn sight happier on our grassy field than looking through the fence at what may or not be greener grass in a Levy-less landscape. We have, what, the 6th highest wage bill in the prem and 7th highest income/gate receipts (some one correct those if I'm wildly out) but in the last 7 years we have finished 4th twice and 5th twice and somewhere between 3rd and 5th this time (We would have probably finished higher last season if Redknapp had kept his eye on the ball). That to me is over-achieving slightly if not brilliantly (even with the "brick" managers Levy has appointed) - some of that credit quite rightly belongs to Levy.

In the same way some people defend him assiduously, many seem to want to blame him for us not being EPL champions every season.

The expert accountants amongst us claim that the the financial report shows conclusive evidence that we have no money to spend......you ask these experts how did we bid 23m on moutinho then.....the 'experts' state it's because of the little down payment offer we made to Porto (it seems they know exactly what amount we offered up front, what we offered in instalments etc etc).

The expert accountants amongst us claim that the the financial report shows conclusive evidence that we have no money to spend......you ask these experts how did we bid 23m on moutinho then.....the 'experts' state it's because of the little down payment offer we made to Porto (it seems they know exactly what amount we offered up front, what we offered in instalments etc etc).

Bit ironic after your post claiming i was trying to get a reaction out of you. :lol:

The whole "we had no money at the end of last season"? I didn't make that statement, I have no argument with that statement, the person who made it seems perfectly capable of defending his own opinion. Why should I have to defend it? I disagreed with your opinion, doesn't mean I have to jump in and defend everyone else who also disagrees with you.

You asked "Who said we have lots of money to spend?"

Previously someone said "we don't have much money". You questioned that and seemed to disagree.

Much and lots might not be exact synonyms I suppose, but they seem somewhat close to me. That was what I disagreed with, because I don't think we have lots of money. I think the statement "we don't have much money" is accurate.

Oh you finally got around to reading the statement then..that's good.

you claimed nobody made that statement.I pointed you to someone that did and you ignored it, i pointed you again and you asked me to point it to you for the third time. You don't have to defend anything but don't claim it wasn't said when it was.

You are completely ignoring our performances - plus you can argue both Chelsea and Arsenal have underperformed.

Let me ask you this - do you believe we have performed to our absolute best this season both on and off the pitch (regarding transfers both in and out)

So, no examples? Come on, I'm sure there are some to find...

---------------------

Is your question a rhetorical one? What kind of answer were you expecting here?

In case not: No. I don't believe so. Do you have a point?

And thats coming from the same people who wanted us to sign Damiao in January, who would have costed 15m.

So one day, there is money, the other there isnt..

There is money but we're not just spending it. Wonder where its going while the match tickets are getting more expensive.

And thats coming from the same people who wanted us to sign Damiao in January, who would have costed 15m.

So one day, there is money, the other there isnt..

There is money but we're not just spending it. Wonder where its going while the match tickets are getting more expensive.

I didn't want to sign Damiao. I hadn't seen him play, and still haven't.

Are we not trying to raise money and invest for a fairly expense property development at the moment? Or is the stadium fairy going to drop one off at Northumberland Park?

Bit ironic after your post claiming i was trying to get a reaction out of you. :lol:

No i ignored your post calling me "rafa" and seeking a reaction actually. I then found it both ironic and hillarious that it was you that threw a hissy fits moments later claiming you had given up and people had an agenda:lol:

Back