• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Repetitive bickering and point scoring about money and our transfer policy

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Go have a look at your net transfer spend since Jol's first season on transfermarkt.com or similar source

I've seen you criticize other people's sources, but a net transfer spend from transfermarkt or similar is a good basis to judge our financial situation on?

How about having a look at the analysis of our financial reports on swissramble? Wouldn't that be a somewhat better source?

Re: what has happened to the transfer section?

True, and i apologise for pulling you up on it in the past. Just seems like human nature to speculate on it. Fair play for pulling me up on it.

personally i dont care bro, just made me chuckle that you hung me for something so common and natural LOL.

of course everything peope post here is largely opinion based which we belieev could be factual. no one really posts like they are some all knowing footy GHod.....you dig?

Braineclipse it's evident you see what you want and don't actually read posts.

That summer we signed Gallas and VDV (Sadnro was signed months before like i said). So after qualifying for the CL league, Levy was content/happy going into that season with only galls as his signing (until VDV was thrown his way last minute in a cut price deal). If that didn't happen we would have gone in with 1 summer signing being William Gallas....going into a champions league campaign. Pienaar was a january signing.

What chairman in world football decides to not spend after finally breaking the top 4 and qualifying for the CL spots? he signed Sandro a few months beforehand and would have started the season with the sole signing of William Gallas had VDV not been thrown his way last minute.

With what money?

Go have a look at your net transfer spend since Jol's first season on transfermarkt.com or similar source

Sure we're spend money down the years. Net 80m in the last 8.
Sure KD is refering to the mythical idea that once team qualify of the CL they can spend like there's no tomorrow.
IF you look at our turnover its was 120m before the CL season, 163m for the Cl season.
And Expenses 94m before the CL season, 123m for the CL season.
Thats an only extra 14m we got from the CL!
Lets so buy half a decent striker with that.

personally i dont care bro, just made me chuckle that you hung me for something so common and natural LOL.

of course everything peope post here is largely opinion based which we belieev could be factual. no one really posts like they are some all knowing footy GHod.....you dig?

Yeah i 'dig', i'm sometimes far too stubborn for my own good.

I've read it and didn't see the part where it states we have "no money to spend" like you claimed it did. Can you point me to that part please?

How good is your knowledge of accounting?

So what you do, is you make sure Real Madrid dont come calling and turn their heads to a cheaper option.

Because if your brilliant player is on low wage, in a frustated squad, then Madrid are going to come calling. They will smell that there is something to do.

If Modric is doing brilliantly, winning titles, then its 15m more Madrid, and more wages. And they dont come calling and turn their heads to another player.

Man Utd couldn't hold on to Ronaldo despite the fact that they had appeared in the two previous Champions League finals, winning one of them.

The idea that Modric wouldn't have wanted to join Madrid is risible.

I've read it and didn't see the part where it states we have "no money to spend" like you claimed it did. Can you point me to that part please?

Open the pdf and ctrl-f and search for "net debt"

You'll see the club has a net debt of 70m up from 56m the year before.

That summer we signed Gallas and VDV (Sadnro was signed months before like i said). So after qualifying for the CL league, Levy was content/happy going into that season with only galls as his signing (until VDV was thrown his way last minute in a cut price deal). If that didn't happen we would have gone in with 1 summer signing being William Gallas....going into a champions league campaign. Pienaar was a january signing.

What exactly didn't I read?

Why wouldn't Sandro count just because we signed him months before?

Surely if we agree a deal in the spring, to be completed in the summer that's part of that summer's transfer budget spent and gone regardless of if we then qualify for the CL or not?

Pienaar and Khumalo were January signings, yes. Don't they count either now?

I really don't see how you can argue that we didn't spend when we did spend and the financial results showed us pretty much breaking even.

just point me to the part where it states "we have no money to spend" please...the part where you claimed was the financial report. Thank you.

Explain the financial report. To someone who doesn't understand financial reports?

fudge that. We're done., neither of us will concede and i can't be arsed to teach you accounting.

How many players do you think we should have bough with our 'huge' 14m windfall from the Champion's League?

Just out of curiosity, do you think that the analysis on the swissramble blog is lacking in quality?

We've averaged 1.93 points per game in 2013 and 1.8 points in 2012(first half of the season). If we don't make top 4 it will go down as another Spurs bottle job when really it hasn't been.

Agreed.

Wasn't it said that the 65 points we now have after 35 games is a new PL club record? Seems like a good moment to respond with "burn the witch" ](*,)

Just out of curiosity, do you think that the analysis on the swissramble blog is lacking in quality?

The swiss ramble guy is alright, but he's trying to dumb it down a lot so he tends to barely scratch the surface and sticks to what he considers the 'headlines'. Which to be fair are what most football fans want to know, they don't always tell the whole story though.

It could be because he looks at a lot of teams, and can't spend too long on each though.

As for accuracy i can't tell, i've not looked through other teams accounts. Just at spurs.

Last edited:

KD, havnet seen you in a while young hommie. welcome back..if you were actually gone

but on the point of money...i think we do have it...i just dont think we are that eager to spend it or intend to get extorted.

its not like we offer the price then after its been agreed we take it back down. we just get out bid

Any transfers we make are essentially done with borrowed money which is paid back from future earnings.
In reality the accounts show we are 70m in debt.

Back