• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Repetitive bickering and point scoring about money and our transfer policy

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

My point is there is always something... Why cant we finish above Arsenal? Is that impossible?

I dont care if its a transition season, because next one might be aswell, if Bale goes, it will be the season after bale leaves so a transitional season.

Bale leaving wouldn't necessarily make it transitional. Losing multiple key players and integrating new management is surely transitional though.

It's an excuse because of the circumstances we were facing. I would have taken 6th at the start of the season, and would hope for a strong top 4 challenge the season after. Maybe title challenge the year or 2 after that. You can never expect top 4 though because there are 4 other very good teams and Liverpool will join that conversation again soon. But I hope to be in the discussion. We are a year ahead of where I hoped we'd be with AVB to be honest. A strong challenge.

I envision the league getting really tight at the top between the top 6 in the coming years, so much that a few points could be between 1st and 6th. So much quality will be in those squads, so much good management and so little room at the top. If we can be amount that it will be fantastic. The fact that we are is brilliant, because it always bares repeating we are competing with much bigger budgets than our own, which means we will probably often lack the strength in depth.

Re: what has happened to the transfer section?

The news? Oh dear . .

You have been pushing it as a fact last few pages - I simply made reference to the fact you know as much as me about what actually happened

We are certainlt not broke - as much as the pro-Levy crowd like to scream about

What has pro or anti Levy got to do with it? Enough of the unhelpful and childish labelling and pigeon holing.

We're not broke. Far from it.

But, though it appears to have got lost somewhere during this argument, the original concern was that we had money that we weren't spending. And that simply isn't true - as the accounts amply demonstrate.

That's not to say that we couldn't make a big money signing or two, if the right players were available.

Well, we did spend stupidely before, so if we have nothing left then it is his fault anyway.

4 keepers on big wages at the start of the season, means we dont know what we're doing.

I dont want to spend 100m, I want someone who can play a bit with Bale. Look at Coutinho and sturridge, they didnt cost much and are great.

I have had enough of watching players like Siggy and Dempsey who cant play, and aaron Lennon who does nothing every game.

Fair enough its nothing to with Levy then, its actually the players we're targeting?

Well, if they afford running a football club, then they should sell it. Especially after spending millions and Bent, Bentley, and others.

I don't think you get owning a business.

It is the money the club makes that is being spent to run the club. It's not that Joe Lewis can't afford to run it.

yes Braineclipse but why are you constantly ignoring that someone said we have no money and claiming nobody said that?

What has pro or anti Levy got to do with it? Enough of the unhelpful and childish labelling and pigeon holing.

We're not broke. Far from it.

But, though it appears to have got lost somewhere during this argument, the original concern was that we had money that we weren't spending. And that simply isn't true - as the accounts amply demonstrate.

That's not to say that we couldn't make a big money signing or two, if the right players were available.

Bang on the money (or lack of it).

Every year, the same excuses.

Chairman has to spend, and properly. Hasnt spent for three seasons after spending over 30m on bent and Bentley. He dont know what hes doing.

i think there is more of a chance that you dont know 1 millimetre of business and finance compared to levy if i am honest. pretty sure he knows what he is doing. we are after all a top team thanks to trhe cumulative efforts of the man and enic

Fair enough its nothing to with Levy then, its actually the players we're targeting?

Its both.

What do you want me to believe? That Levy is doing a good job? Appointing brick managers before Redknapp came, not spending properly and never finished above Arsenal. Hes got everything wrong mate so far, dont know what you like him so much for.

Are you doing our books or know someone who is?

If not - hope you can understand if some chose not to accept this as gospel

Well, if they afford running a football club, then they should sell it. Especially after spending millions and Bent, Bentley, and others.

Running a football club shouldn't be about tinkling money into like at Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea.
And every club makes transfer fudge ups.

Of course i don't know what happened, i can only speculate what happened, which is what everyone does every day they post in a thread like this. If you have a different idea of what happened, you can post it. If not you can just go and WUM elsewhere.

Of course i'll post my opinions, do i have to say 'imo' at the end of every sentence? Would that help you comprehend it?

the irony is that on more than a few occasions you have pulled me up on the same thing,

this here my friend is hypocrisy, tut tut. you really have to be able to take what you dish out man

Not many are whinging tbh.

Personally i've just accepted that we're not going to get into the CL spots this season. We tried but sadly we have bottled it again (imo). I'm annoyed for sure but we have nobody to blame but ourselves. Maybe we can still win 3 games? i don't think there's a hope in hells chance.

Put it this way, if we somehow manage to beat Chelski, i guarantee that i will put £500 on Stoke to beat us (draw no bet) and post the betting slip on here.

Plenty are whingeing.

And plenty are being lily livered - given up when there's all still to play for.

the irony is that on more than a few occasions you have pulled me up on the same thing,

this here my friend is hypocrisy, tut tut. you really have to be able to take what you dish out man

True, and i apologise for pulling you up on it in the past. Just seems like human nature to speculate on it. Fair play for pulling me up on it.

Running a football club shouldn't be about tinkling money into like at Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea.
And every club makes transfer fudge ups.

It's living according to your means. Sadly, some clubs/individuals/consortia have more means.

What chairman in world football decides to not spend after finally breaking the top 4 and qualifying for the CL spots? he signed Sandro a few months beforehand and would have started the season with the sole signing of William Gallas had VDV not been thrown his way last minute.

This argument is getting really old really fast. I've already said in the transfer thread how the financial results showed us breaking even that season.

We signed Sandro, Van der Vaart, Pienaar and Khumalo that season. How does that constitue "not spending?" We only sold for a couple of million. Depending what figures you use for the incoming transfers our net spend was probably at least £15m+, possibly closer to £20m. And, yet again, that was the money that was available to spend seeing as we broke even that season.

Do you work in politics by any chance?

Why does it ALWAYS have to be someone else's / something eles's fault? Every time?

Why can't we say we weren't good enough, our manager didn't prepare well enough, our chairman didn't make the right investments, our players didn't perform well enough?

Why is it wrong to accept responsibility for our actions instead always looking for external factors to justify these shortcomings?

I don't, do you? You certainly seem more bent on finding someone to blame than I do. Unless you're secretly Levy posting on here I don't quite see how you blaming him isn't you blaming someone.

Who have I blamed? Please... Who?

I said that I think the transitional season explanation is a valid one. How is that blaming someone or something? Like I said, an explanation is all. If you want to call it an excuse, fair enough. But how what I said can be seen as blaming i really don't get.

How about accepting, just for the sake of argument that we're competing with teams that are in significantly stronger financial positions than ourselves? And that we've done well to put ourselves in a situation to put up a fight with both Chelsea and Arsenal for a CL spot at the end of the season.

It seems to me that if we accept this there might not actually be a need to blame anyone at the club.

Plenty are whingeing.

And plenty are being lily livered - given up when there's all still to play for.

can you blame them , its the same thing with redknapp. its more the disappointment than anything else

Back