• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

Dunno if it's already been posted on here but anyone heard the rumours he's been meeting with Liverpool today?

Dunno if it's already been posted on here but anyone heard the rumours he's been meeting with Liverpool today?

Not seen anything to indicate that. So far it's only Martinez and AVB that has accepted their invitation. Klopp, Rodgers, Guardiola, de Boer, Deschamps have all declined.

Chelsea's shortlist supposedly Capello, Guardiola, Di Matteo and Harry.

Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth, Southampton, Spurs. 5 clubs in 30+ years of management. Other than the Portsmouth/Southampton debacle (which was a pretty unique situation) I can't really see how it can be claimed that he has a history?

Apart from the fact he walked out on all of them, there is nothing to show he has history #-o

Apart from the fact he walked out on all of them, there is nothing to show he has history #-o

And yet we want a Manager to walk out on their current club to join us, thus hiring a Manager who walks out on clubs? Most Manager, and players, do it. It's called ambition. But in Redknapp's case (with the exception of Southampton) he has stayed at his relevant clubs for a decent amount of time.

The chairman said he walked after getting blasted for shouting his mouth off to the press, never learns his lesson does he.

I realise finances have played their part (though it must be said Arsenal regularly spend more than often considered and their wage bill is steep) but do think once Dein left they made a habit of losing their better players and not replacing them well at all - where as with Dein their transfer strategy was much more successful.

Regards chasing rich clubs, honestly I think too much is made of money. Yes, of course it makes a big impact, but ultimately Chelsea and City combined can only hog 50 of the worlds top talents (in the extreme) which leaves several hundred still available.

Even on more modest resources a top team can be built and can compete

I think the one thing they do now, that they didn't do, is hang on to players too long that want to leave. Anelka, Overmars and Petit were all sold for crazy money (for the era) and well above what they were really worth at the time. This effectively funded Wenger to be able to splash a lot of money and he certainly did spend a lot. Since then Arsenal haven't really had many big money sales of players. Recently they've had a cash windfall from players again but Wenger hasn't bought was wisely. Let's face it Arshavin and Gervinho are no Henry and Pires!

And yet we want a Manager to walk out on their current club to join us, thus hiring a Manager who walks out on clubs? Most Manager, and players, do it. It's called ambition. But in Redknapp's case (with the exception of Southampton) he has stayed at his relevant clubs for a decent amount of time.

Depends what you call a decent amount of time, 2 years in his first spell at Portsmouth, 1 year at Southampton, and less then 3 years back at Portsmouth.

The chairman said he walked after getting blasted for shouting his mouth off to the press, never learns his lesson does he.

I've also heard Brown say that he was left with no choice but to fire Redknapp on the spot. He said that after he left West Ham though. Guess he couldn't say it whilst there due to compensation packages etc.

Depends what you call a decent amount of time, 2 years in his first spell at Portsmouth, 1 year at Southampton, and less then 3 years back at Portsmouth.

I'd say 3 years was a decent spell in the modern game. Was he really only at Portsmouth 2 years? I thought he joined in 2001 and left in 2004?

I've also heard Brown say that he was left with no choice but to fire Redknapp on the spot. He said that after he left West Ham though. Guess he couldn't say it whilst there due to compensation packages etc.

As i say it depends on who we believe, Brown roasted him and told him that he had to keep his mouth shut in future or else, Redknapp blew his top and walked out.

I called Henry to Liverpool about a week ago. ITK bitches.

I'd be amazed if he went to Liverpool. Whilst I know for a fact the "I drive from Sandbanks to the training ground everyday" is actually a load of brick, he does do it reasonably often and likes to go home. Liverpool is just too far. I suppose if he was paid enough he could use air transport though.

Redknapp's done us a turn, and after seeing the way some of our fans treat him I wouldn't hold it against him at all to tell us to fudge off and go elsewhere but I think it's far more likely we'll fire him than him quit us for Liverpool. And I can't see Chelsea wanting him but this is a Chairman who fired Ancelotti a season after they did the double and is apparently looking to replace the Manager who won them the Champion's League and FA Cup so anything is possible there!

He went in as DOF in 2001, Rix was sacked in 2002 and Redknapp took over.

Ah OK, well the role is irrelevant. We are talking about service to the club. He was number two at West Ham for some of his time there too but that has to count to his overall service.

Redknapp certainly gives more service than the majority of Managers in the modern game.

Back