• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

Mate, I understand your sceptism but believe me there are a select few ITKs who genuinely know their stuff. The thing is over the past 2 years or so this new breed of ITK has developed out of nowhere, there are so many new names claiming to be ITK and they are making noises constantly throughout the transfer windows but are never right.

But maybe if people stopped just dismissing literally every piece of ITK that ever comes to light, you would see that there are a handful who are actually ITK, and they don't pop up every day of the week attention seeking. If you're open enough to the idea it would become easy to see what should be believed as info passed on in good faith, and what is a load of nonsense.......

What we need is an ITK thread where no one replies. People can put in their snippets of ITK information and then at the end of it we can see who was full of brick and who wasn't.

KK as manager, a justice for Defoe's driving offences campaign, and eternal flames on the shirt for our lost CL place. I could get used to this victim stuff....

What we need is an ITK thread where no one replies. People can put in their snippets of ITK information and then at the end of it we can see who was full of brick and who wasn't.

An anonomous posting thread, and then at the end of the window, the names are revealed by scara

Was going to mention that in my post, but couldnt put my finger on when he left vs when they declined (and am too lazy to check!)

New stadium = declining fortunes. Of course it also co-incided with the rise of Roman's millions. Was thinking the same about us with the emergence of Emirates Marketing Project. I know things would be different generally, but is it beyond the realms of possibility that if City hadn't been sugar daddied our last two seasons would have seen us finish 4th and 3rd instead of 5th and 4th?

City and Chelsea have raised the stakes significantly and I can only see Utd (from the self sustaining clubs) having any chance to keep up. And even for them it may be too much a tough ask as their squad gets older. Stadium or no stadium, I can't see how Arsenal can ever seriously challenge City and Chelsea. One of them having an off year sure, but both of them having disasterous seasons? Unlikely.

same could be said for the fact that when Jol finished 5th twice it was after Chelsea had been bought out by RA and those two 5th places could have easily become two 4th place finishes

New stadium = declining fortunes. Of course it also co-incided with the rise of Roman's millions. Was thinking the same about us with the emergence of Emirates Marketing Project. I know things would be different generally, but is it beyond the realms of possibility that if City hadn't been sugar daddied our last two seasons would have seen us finish 4th and 3rd instead of 5th and 4th?

City and Chelsea have raised the stakes significantly and I can only see Utd (from the self sustaining clubs) having any chance to keep up. And even for them it may be too much a tough ask as their squad gets older. Stadium or no stadium, I can't see how Arsenal can ever seriously challenge City and Chelsea. One of them having an off year sure, but both of them having disasterous seasons? Unlikely.

All depends on how FFP is enforced. The fact is, Chelsea and City are not big enough clubs to sustain the level of spending they have done recently without the oil money. Even with extra CL revenues and exposure, it's still nowhere close.

Even if they're allowed to carry on bending the rules with ridiculous stadium sponsorships, it can't carry on forever. When Abramovic gets bored or too old to run the team any more, he's not going to just pass things on to his billionaire heir to the throne and let it carry on. And where would be the fun in some other billionaire investing in a club that is already the finished article, it would be much more fun to build it up from nothing. Even a Glazer type investor wouldn't touch Chelsea in the state they're in now, losing money every year, sky high wages, a small stadium and a far smaller fan base than any of their major rivals.

1) you are blaming individual mistakes on the system and despite those individual mistakes we improved considerably in that time and are still reaping the rewards of the players brought under the DoF system

you are judging a long term system on short term failure

2) a shocking record which has seen us rise from lower table to the top 5, 5 out of the last 7 seasons and the top 4, 2 out of the last 3 ?

How many managers have Chelsea had in that time? And how many trophies won?

I realise finances have played their part (though it must be said Arsenal regularly spend more than often considered and their wage bill is steep) but do think once Dein left they made a habit of losing their better players and not replacing them well at all - where as with Dein their transfer strategy was much more successful.

Regards chasing rich clubs, honestly I think too much is made of money. Yes, of course it makes a big impact, but ultimately Chelsea and City combined can only hog 50 of the worlds top talents (in the extreme) which leaves several hundred still available.

Even on more modest resources a top team can be built and can compete

Yoda-Fear-is-the-path-to-the-dark-side.png

:) :) proper cluster fudge on this thread!!!

Some serious PMT going on here tonight :D

Some take ITK far too seriously and get their knickers in a twist over it. You soon work out who gets decent info and who are attention seeking bedwetters. I find it amusing.

Personally I think AVB would be the new Ramos and is Levy prepared for the fan and media backlash if he gets Harry to walk?

Some serious PMT going on here tonight :D

Some take ITK far too seriously and get their knickers in a twist over it. You soon work out who gets decent info and who are attention seeking bedwetters. I find it amusing.

Personally I think AVB would be the new Ramos and is Levy prepared for the fan and media backlash if he gets Harry to walk?

there wont be any of that imo

Yes Arry - little nephew is there, JT, Cahill, all triffic lads! Right mature age too - would save RA a fortune. Transition? What transition? Plenty left on the clock :D

Back