• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

No, you misunderstood what I said. I've seen Brown on a TV show AFTER he left West Ham admitting that he fired Redknapp.

Well i must admit i did not see that show, but Brown said at the time that Redknapp walked after getting his arsed kicked for talking to the press too much.

Ah OK, well the role is irrelevant. We are talking about service to the club. He was number two at West Ham for some of his time there too but that has to count to his overall service.

Redknapp certainly gives more service than the majority of Managers in the modern game.

Well we can agree he has been in management over 30 years, but he will walk away at the first sign that of trouble like he usually does.

Well i must admit i did not see that show, but Brown said at the time that Redknapp walked after getting his arsed kicked for talking to the press too much.

At the time I remember him saying it as well. Redknapp was chasing a compensation package. Mutual termination (what West Ham were claiming) meant less compensation than him being fired so it was one word against another at the time. The whole thing was triggered by Redknapp wanting to use the funds of the Ferdinand sale to buy players IIRC, and being told he couldn't. He then opened his mouth to a few too many people regarding that and.....

Well we can agree he has been in management over 30 years, but he will walk away at the first sign that of trouble like he usually does.

Like he did after the fans wanted him fired for finishing 5th?
Like he did after the two bad defeats at the beginning of the season and the fans calling for his head?
Like he did during our so called bad run?

Like he did after the two bad defeats at the beginning of the season and the fans calling for his head?

No, but he will if those calls start getting noisier and they are doing.

Chelsea want Guardiola, he wants to take a year off before his next job, so Chelsea need a manager for a year, who better than Redknapp. One year, top players, a crack at the Premier League title, one more CL campaign, shorter and easier daily commute from Sandbanks to Cobham, whats not to like

you make it sound like people have been camping outside Spurs Lodge burning effigy's of him - a few people on the internet want him fired, a few people would replace him if a better option presented itself - it's hardly the massive fudge YOU to Redknapp you try and make it out to be - any club in the country no matter how successful they are will always have supporters who want to change the manager

you make it sound like people have been camping outside Spurs Lodge burning effigy's of him - a few people on the internet want him fired, a few people would replace him if a better option presented itself - it's hardly the massive fudge YOU to Redknapp you try and make it out to be - any club in the country no matter how successful they are will always have supporters who want to change the manager

People have been complaining about him for a long time. At the ground, on phone ins, on the internet etc. He may be the most successful Premier League Manager we've had, but he is also the least popular! Even Hoddle wasn't as disliked as Redknapp (and Hoddle was despised by many after the first year).

No, but he will if those calls start getting noisier and they are doing.

And who could blame him? Saved from relegation, 4th, 5th, 4th. Fans calling him a saggy faced **** and that those finishes positions aren't good enough (or in the case of many this year saying 4th is an utter disgrace - actually they said that 5th last year was a disgrace too with "a team that could and should win the league!". Christ on a bike, with those unrealistic expectations from the fans, the hatred from the fans? I'd say fudge it and leave too!!

And who could blame him? Saved from relegation, 4th, 5th, 4th. Fans calling him a saggy faced **** and that those finishes positions aren't good enough (or in the case of many this year saying 4th is an utter disgrace - actually they said that 5th last year was a disgrace too with "a team that could and should win the league!". Christ on a bike, with those unrealistic expectations from the fans, the hatred from the fans? I'd say fudge it and leave too!!

The discontent are always the loudest.

It is a minority of fans that want him out.

People have been complaining about him for a long time. At the ground, on phone ins, on the internet etc. He may be the most successful Premier League Manager we've had, but he is also the least popular! Even Hoddle wasn't as disliked as Redknapp (and Hoddle was despised by many after the first year).

Revisionist gonads.
Hoddle was NOT "despised by many after the first year"...it was with growing sadness that many started to see he was not going to make it happen, partially through some of the worst luck I can remember in any final...I clearly remember leaving chelscum's ground after a 4-2 defeat right near the end and my met and I saying that this was one of the biggest, saddest things football could ever serve up, a man who loves the club, was maybe it's greatest ever player, yet who simply did not have the good Lady L on his side...I still maintain he would be a brilliant England manager...

Which is the problem. If you had been, and you'd been correct before, then this might be believable.

First time for everything. Give him a break, who cares that much anyway.

Personally hope it's true, although I'll take the info with a pinch of salt just as the OP suggested. But no point in being cynical about his motives.

12 page thread off the back of some guy that comes on here and says. i cant tell you BUT i have been told that harry has a financial package to leave?

sigh, its called getting the sack if harry doesnt quit.

think people also need to appreciate that those who give harry grief are in the small inority. they just voice their opinions more.

we have the should harry go thread as proof of this , well not proof per say...but a decent indication of the feeling on this board. just cause someone says its a alot of people doing it doesnt make it true

think people also need to appreciate that those who give harry grief are in the small inority. they just voice their opinions more.

we have the should harry go thread as proof of this , well not proof per say...but a decent indication of the feeling on this board. just cause someone says its a alot of people doing it doesnt make it true

On the same token, just because the "majority" thinks that doesn't mean it is the correct view.

I can provide objective evidence why Harry should go. Results against the top 4 this season (by which I mean Arse, Chelsea, United, Emirates Marketing Project): 1 win, 2 draws, 6 defeats. Score For 10 - 26 Against.

Previous season: 1 win, 4 draws, 4 defeats. 10 For, 15 Against. So it wasn't good last season, and has only gotten worse this season.

How many games have we won by a 3 goal (or more) margin in these 2 seasons? 4 league games.

Emirates Marketing Project have 19, Arsenal and United 13, Liverpool and Chelsea 11, even Fulham, Sunderland, Bolton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton, West Brom, and other teams equal or surpass us there.

Those stats are important because they point to a lack of tactics and organization. You need these things to win games by big margins and to beat the best teams. We've scored less than half as many goals as City (and Blackburn) from set pieces - that points to lack of preparation not lack of skill.

We've once again failed to qualify for the CL. We've once again suffered a terrible meltdown and finished below Arsenal, yet this year we have a better squad and team. They lost 3 of their most important players and we kept ours.

We only finished ahead of Chelsea because AVB royally fudged up the squad's confidence. They went and beat Valencia, Leverkusen, Napoli, Benfica, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich (and scored 5 against us in a cup semifinal) to secure their CL spot for next season. All we had to do was score a second goal at Aston Villa or beat Norwich at home and we couldn't even do that.

So if you're happy with more failure, and you're happy with mediocrity and want the glass ceiling to remain in place between us and the top teams in the league then continue to support Harry's reign here but if we want to push on we need a bit of boldness and a new manager.

Excellent post, DMac - some valid points raised although I wouldn't go as far as calling our season a 'failure' - we simply failed to capitalise on a few aspects but did well overall in my opinion.

Back