• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Radu Drăgușin

If we played a back 3 for some games

Romero Dragusin VDV with Porro/Destiny bombing on that would be so so decent
The problem with 3 at the back of that it weakened the midfield. Who would you play in your two? Or would you want to play 532?

Thing is, people don't realize (and player may not even), but him having effectively 3 months to settle into side, train with Romero & VDV, and then get a couple of games on the back end of season was probably really good for him (even if I'm sure he the player wanted to play more).

Citi has been able to do this with players for years, buy them and ease them in and the players seem to benefit from it and time to understand system.

A good Euros followed by going strait into cup games will be interesting. I also find it interesting that our FB rumours seem to be RB, is the idea that VDV is the backup there? with Dragusin able to take VDV's role as CB?
Fully agreed on easing players in.

I think we'd probably want better cover and/or competition for both full back spots and better cover at CB.

Dragusin and Romero are more natural at RCB, VdV at LCB. Think what would be good is a new RB and a player that can cover LCB and LB. Essentially a Davies upgrade. Been linked with Ito who went to Bayern and Calafiori who I think both fit that profile. Potentially better at LB than VdV too.

Would give us quite a few options without having 8 defenders for 4 roles that could easily end up with at least one CB being unhappy about a lack of game time.

Problem is that there's not a lot of those LB/LCB hybrid players for this system. So if we can't get one we would perhaps have to look for a different solution. If so perhaps more links with typical LB players?

Fully agreed on easing players in.

I think we'd probably want better cover and/or competition for both full back spots and better cover at CB.

Dragusin and Romero are more natural at RCB, VdV at LCB. Think what would be good is a new RB and a player that can cover LCB and LB. Essentially a Davies upgrade. Been linked with Ito who went to Bayern and Calafiori who I think both fit that profile. Potentially better at LB than VdV too.

Would give us quite a few options without having 8 defenders for 4 roles that could easily end up with at least one CB being unhappy about a lack of game time.

Problem is that there's not a lot of those LB/LCB hybrid players for this system. So if we can't get one we would perhaps have to look for a different solution. If so perhaps more links with typical LB players?
According to Dragusin's agent, we are looking for a versatile defender:

“Tottenham on Calafiori? From what I know, Spurs aren’t looking for a pure central defender, they are more looking for a flexible defender. In any case, Drăgușin is ready for anything, he is not afraid of competition,” he added.

According to Dragusin's agent, we are looking for a versatile defender:

“Tottenham on Calafiori? From what I know, Spurs aren’t looking for a pure central defender, they are more looking for a flexible defender. In any case, Drăgușin is ready for anything, he is not afraid of competition,” he added.

Califiori is versatile and allegedly on less than £3k a week. Bologna got cl though. Also their manager went to juve so they might be interested.

That'll be at least 30 Hail GHoddles for such blasphemy.

The modern day Ledley. Or possibly Dier.

Fair play. Only the template of a CB moving into midfield and bossing it. The goons goals conceded last season was unfortunately impressive.

Problem with the 532 is that we already lack width if lose the wide men we get even narrower than before. Our FBs tuck in rather than gold width. The more I think about it and I'll admit I'm absolutely biased against any 3 CB system (always have been) I just don't see how it can work in relation to everything else about Ange's system.

Problem with the 532 is that we already lack width if lose the wide men we get even narrower than before. Our FBs tuck in rather than gold width. The more I think about it and I'll admit I'm absolutely biased against any 3 CB system (always have been) I just don't see how it can work in relation to everything else about Ange's system.
It can’t
It’ would be over crowding everywhere that matters like you say

To me the smarter option is more playing 4 atb with 3 or 4 CBs, ala what we did with VDV left, maybe we play one of CB's right

Assuming we go beyond the third round of the league cup we will have at least 27 matches in 17 weeks. There will be enough minutes for our central defenders, no need to play a back 3.

Last edited:
Romero could play as a Libero in a back-3. Or just put him in DM; basically the same thing. He already pushes up and makes late runs into the box, a few of which resulted in goals. BUT the problem is, we need to rotate anyway and with 4 CBs in the squad, it's risky to play 3 CBs all at once. Either way, glad to have Dragusin here. Finally seems like we have a proper player there to challenge the position.

Radu can play RCB
VdV can play LCB
Udogie and Porro have more quality on attack than defensively

Thus 5-3-2 (on defense) > 3-5-2 (attacking) makes sense, but unlikely to happen.

Will rather be 2 at the back and Radu to step in when injuries / europa / cup.
Don't agree he is a step down from Romero VdV. He lacks experience, but he will be equal if not better than both of them imo.

Back