• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Radu Drăgușin

Who has better than Isak, Gordon and Barnes in your opinion? Isak is the best alround CF in the league, Gordon has pace, Barnes brains.

Us, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea dont have close to as good as that trio. Some combination of City's players?
You really do talk out of your arse don’t you? Do you really believe half the stuff you post or is it a wind up?

Not the best angle that. In my view, that's a 50-50 at best in terms of not conceding a penalty. From the other angle we saw, that's Isak first, then the ball. Thankfully VAR usually backs their mates.
Key was he went around the man with his legs rather than through him
He did get isak first though as you say

Not the best angle that. In my view, that's a 50-50 at best in terms of not conceding a penalty. From the other angle we saw, that's Isak first, then the ball. Thankfully VAR usually backs their mates.
It's another example of why our defensive setup is poor. Radu shouldn't be having to make multiple last grasp tackles. He got that one right, but make enough of them and you will get it wrong.

It's another example of why our defensive setup is poor. Radu shouldn't be having to make multiple last grasp tackles. He got that one right, but make enough of them and you will get it wrong.
But teams will get chance against any side
Teams do attack
It’s the top league and even Ipswich scored vs city
United were awful yesterday but could have had a couple of goals
Every team will concede chances at some point

He had to make two of those yesterday first half that I recall and, fair play to the lad, he just about made them. He's a good player but from a pace perspective, he's no VdV and he'll continue having to make those types of challenges. As you say, that will catch up with us.

But teams will get chance against any side
Teams do attack
It’s the top league and even Ipswich scored vs city
United were awful yesterday but could have had a couple of goals
Every team will concede chances at some point
The chances we concede are absolutely clear cut almost guaranteed tap-ins. Every team are not conceding multiple of those every single match. You can be as positive thinking as you wish but the proof is in the pudding both last season and this one so far.

It's not worth debating, our system encourages multiple 1 to 1 counter attacks on our goal per game and we are not good at defending them nor can we stop every single attack. Defensive perfection is not possible so we need to mitigate the risk somewhat. Instead we play on the tight rope and we will get it wrong every game.

Now if we were just blasting the opposition into submission then sure it would work but our offensive play doesn't do that either. So if we aren't going to play with goal scoring wingers who actually scare opposition defenders then we need to play smarter in defense. At the moment we aren't effective or efficient in either box.

The chances we concede are absolutely clear cut almost guaranteed tap-ins. Every team are not conceding multiple of those every single match. You can be as positive thinking as you wish but the proof is in the pudding both last season and this one so far.

It's not worth debating, our system encourages multiple 1 to 1 counter attacks on our goal per game and we are not good at defending them nor can we stop every single attack. Defensive perfection is not possible so we need to mitigate the risk somewhat. Instead we play on the tight rope and we will get it wrong every game.

Now if we were just blasting the opposition into submission then sure it would work but our offensive play doesn't do that either. So if we aren't going to play with goal scoring wingers who actually scare opposition defenders then we need to play smarter in defense. At the moment we aren't effective or efficient in either box.

Do we think that, based on his prior managerial career, Ange isn't tuned into playing against players who have that "unlocking" pass or counter finesse that we see in the Prem? Perhaps, he will learn eventually but he seems to be falling off that bike way too much so far. Last season, it was that aspect and corners / set piece defending that raise some doubts in my mind.

Such a shame as there is so many things to be positive about after the turgid years of Jose and Conte. I think the current sentiment is that we really want him to succeed. Personally, I can do without some of his philosophy and life coach interviews. They become a bit patronising and seem a way of avoiding what we want to talk about......football.

He had to make two of those yesterday first half that I recall and, fair play to the lad, he just about made them. He's a good player but from a pace perspective, he's no VdV and he'll continue having to make those types of challenges. As you say, that will catch up with us.
Yep
The one above and the one down his side against Barnes
Both players were in shock they were caught
I’d genuinely like to see Radu and VDv given a try
Be interesting to see how we defend with guys who want to defend playing

I’ll judge our attacking efficiency when we play with a CF for a few games. If tha5 doesn’t work, I’ll change my view on the system attack wise. As I’ve said loads, last year we scored without a Cf for 70% of the season. I expect an up turn with one, especially one that suits the system
Our defensive issues seem to be tied into one player not doing his job at certain points of the game state. Personally I’d like to see him rested so that we can see if it’s him switching off

Hmmm I thought this, but then the below suggests otherwise with our expected goals against is second best, as is our xG:

1725274915944.png

Hmmm I thought this, but then the below suggests otherwise with our expected goals against is second best, as is our xG:

View attachment 17599
Now people will say that’s because of everton
But we outscored the stats in that game TBF
But if we keep on doing the right things, statistically it should even out
Should….
We have also played 3 low block sides
The next teams we play aren5 like that

Last edited:
Yep
The one above and the one down his side against Barnes
Both players were in shock they were caught
I’d genuinely like to see Radu and VDv given a try
Be interesting to see how we defend with guys who want to defend playing
Until recently, I just couldn't see this being an option. Romero, to me, is just too talented to drop...the more I see, the more I think it might be worth a shot. It still feels a bit mad but I would be okay with Ange doing it.

Until recently, I just couldn't see this being an option. Romero, to me, is just too talented to drop...the more I see, the more I think it might be worth a shot. It still feels a bit mad but I would be okay with Ange doing it.
He is very talented but he doesn't seem to have the mentality to go with it. At times he's charging around like a headless chicken chasing players everywhere and at other times it's like he's too calm and doesn't try, it's a weird combination. Until he sorts that out he's never going to be the player he should be.

This guy seems like a proper defender's defender if you know what i mean.

I just hope our current system/issues don't kill his career before it's even started: as much as i cheered when it happened, he really shouldn't have to be making last-ditch tackles within 60-90 seconds of a match starting!!

He is very talented but he doesn't seem to have the mentality to go with it. At times he's charging around like a headless chicken chasing players everywhere and at other times it's like he's too calm and doesn't try, it's a weird combination. Until he sorts that out he's never going to be the player he should be.

I'm beginning to look at him as the typical spurs hero of the last 30 years, looks great but ultimately limited.
He's heading up there with the likes of Ginola, Dembele, Eriksen, got the talent but doesn't have that extra something modric, bale and Harry has.

I have been impressed with Dragusin. Would like to see him partner VDV for a few games. Although it's early days, if, as the rumour mill suggested, Real are sniffing around Romero, should they put in a decent bid perhaps we could cash in while his stock is high? He is a very good defender but some way off world class ATM.

Back