• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

If you find yourself accused of trolling perhaps, maybe, just possibly that's not unrelated to what you bring up and how you bring it up.

Full scale war returns to Europe with everything that comes with. But us not talking enough about Biden's son and Ukraine that's an area to focus on. Literal whataboutism.

Plenty of criticism about both the US and Obama has been present on this forum. But no, a day into the outbreak of war in Europe straw man arguments about old disagreements, that's what you want to focus on.

Stop acting like a troll if you don't like being accused of being one. It's really not that difficult.

The continent of Europe has wars, was one in the 90s in the Balkans.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people wish to dominate others through the pen or the sword. Personally I only ever take defensive positions and perhaps isolationist positions reflecting my own spirit of independence. I do enjoy pricking the pomposity and selective arguments that are so often shown on here.

Can we call Putin's bluff?

He can't launch nuclear weapons on his own. There is a chain of people between the instruction and the button. Twice in the Cold War the USSR's early warning system was triggered, both times the common sense of a human being intervened.

He's a bully, he needs to be stood up too, quickly.
Let's not test that premise out, please.

He can't launch nuclear weapons on his own. There is a chain of people between the instruction and the button. Twice in the Cold War the USSR's early warning system was triggered, both times the common sense of a human being intervened.

Lol would you want to be responsible for the gamble that ended man kind?

Suppose no one would be left to blame you haha.

Lol would you want to be responsible for the gamble that ended man kind?

Suppose no one would be left to blame you haha.

absolutely not, but thankfully I'm just an idiot on the internet, there will be western assets in the Russian military, they will have a better feel for the levels of support

absolutely not, but thankfully I'm just an idiot on the internet, there will be western assets in the Russian military, they will have a better feel for the levels of support

I don't mind a flutter but that is one he'll of a gamble. Part of me thinks fcuk it go for it, we are all pretty much dying anyway.

The continent of Europe has wars, was one in the 90s in the Balkans.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people wish to dominate others through the pen or the sword. Personally I only ever take defensive positions and perhaps isolationist positions reflecting my own spirit of independence. I do enjoy pricking the pomposity and selective arguments that are so often shown on here.

Fine line between trolling and pricking at arguments for your own enjoyment in the midst of a conversation about this war. Perhaps you weren't surprised by the accusation that followed and enjoyed that too?

its a web forum, if any of us were intelligent or important we wouldn't have the time to post on here, we'd be working at the CIA or SIS

Why can't they?

Their black sea fleet is based in crimea.
They need access to the med and the suez canal. Most of their trade goes through there.
They don't want enemies on their border (jfk was similar with cuba). Especially as those areas are of strategic importance.
Nato would control their trade with europe especially gas supplies.

They've said for years ukraine joins nato they push the button. It's why nato hasn't let ukraine join.

I posted other reasons a couple of pages back.

However much one salutes the indefatigability, not sure that untrained civilians gunfighting against Russian squaddies is going to end well.

true, although the pictures on the news of captured Russian soldiers make them look like a bunch of fat middle aged blokes, rather than the lean fighting machines you'd expect in a professional army

(I'm also a fat middle aged bloke, who would be useless in any kind of fight)

Unfortunately I think the UK and US expect the Ukraine to be taken and sanctions are as far as they are willing to go. The government said today they draw the line at sending troops because thats a declaration of war. Its a shocker of a situation but sanctions are not workign to stop it and no one is willing to intervene, so its a case of seeing this out now

Unfortunately I think the UK and US expect the Ukraine to be taken and sanctions are as far as they are willing to go. The government said today they draw the line at sending troops because thats a declaration of war. Its a shocker of a situation but sanctions are not workign to stop it and no one is willing to intervene, so its a case of seeing this out now

yeah, pretty weak sauce isn't it, we've abandoned them

My mate from football, who is a para, has just pulled out of the squad for tomorrow because he's suddenly got to go to Estonia early next week. Could be a last minute stag do drop out of course, but who knows

Back