• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

Just as a heightened risk of nuclear war is unacceptable.

Live with fighting, loss of Russian soldiers over time. Sanctions which short term have little effect, but long term may start snowballing.

Over time this can turn public opinion, even leadership opinion, further against him.

I'm not one to hope for drawn out war or military conflict. In this instance I see no better outcome.
How heightened is that risk though?

If Putin is willing to and has the backing to launch nuclear strikes against other nuclear-equipped countries, we're not safe anyway. If he's happy with a scorched earth approach then he has no reason to stop at Ukraine.

That runs rather counter to a lot of reports that the invasion happened because troops get antsy at staging posts (away from properly equipped forward bases) and they were sent in at the last possible minute.

I know nothing, it just seemed plausible. We know they have done such things in the past.

There are reports on Twitter (again, how reliable are the sources), that Russian soldiers were surprised there was resistance, did they massively misread the situation.

I don't think it will come to that. Even if SWIFT is banned there are various options like opening a Rubble account. But it is an interesting backup plan. I've never bought or sold Crypto but many seem to say the costs to convert into fiat currency are quite steep? Maybe that's improved recently?
SWIFT would be a brilliant option, it would seriously destabilise Russia.... With no access to the major currencies of the World, who is going to want payment in a currency that is likely to massively reduce in value over the near to medium term future? Equally, who is going to want to swap crypto for a weak Russian currency?

I know nothing, it just seemed plausible. We know they have done such things in the past.

There are reports on Twitter (again, how reliable are the sources), that Russian soldiers were surprised there was resistance, did they massively misread the situation.

I read a lengthy thread on Twitter which essentially argued that Russia’s tactics were cold war era against a rather more modern Ukrainian defence, and I had no way to work out whether the author was talking gonads. It’s all irksome.

It might be a little tenuous but you could make the argument that NATO (which is led by the US) has contributed to this situation. And it dates back to the 2014 revolution and before. Let’s not forget that despite the corruption it was a democratically elected president that the US helped to overthrow. US politicians were visiting the demonstrators protests, funding them and trying to overthrow this elected albeit corrupt regime. It in no way legitimises Russias actions but you start to appreciate a more complex picture where empires collide. Funding a Ukrainian war however could be the worst more damaging intervention of all. Russias military hardware is extensive.

Who was the USA president in 2014?

I read a lengthy thread on Twitter which essentially argued that Russia’s tactics were cold war era against a rather more modern Ukrainian defence, and I had no way to work out whether the author was talking gonad*s. It’s all irksome.
I think I read that same thread.

SWIFT would be a brilliant option, it would seriously destabilise Russia.... With no access to the major currencies of the World, who is going to want payment in a currency that is likely to massively reduce in value over the near to medium term future? Equally, who is going to want to swap crypto for a weak Russian currency?

If ripple takes over the world as I hope it will then I will be sat in the south of France laughing manically like a bond villain. Might even buy a cat to round off the look. I do hate cats though.

Isn't this mostly the Ukraine's fault. I mean break away by all means do it without any blemish. But wage a fringe war on minority groups, ally with the US, Nato membership too quickly and I guess you can expect something a reaction fro. Putin like this. I mean if Russia lives in your neighbourhood you'd won't want to draw any attention at all. Ukrainians and Russians can just get along just fine without NATO.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
Can they?.... The evidence of the past few weeks shows the absolute opposite to be true.

I read an interesting point on Facebook of all places this morning.

The fact that the Kremlin hadn't prepared counter protests to the ones that have been happening all over the country suggests that they were not expecting them to happen. It's a wild hope but if teeny, tiny Putin has completely misjudged public opinion on this war, might some of those pulling his strings decide on someone else to lead?
I think Putin will eventually be assassinated by a Russian civilian.

I think Putin will eventually be assassinated by a Russian civilian.

Even the civilians who killed Gadaffi were organised into some kind of a militia. I’d go for death at the hands of someone in a command structure, suicide while awaiting trial for war crimes, or heart attack while being attended to by handmaidens.

Even the civilians who killed Gadaffi were organised into some kind of a militia. I’d go for death at the hands of someone in a command structure, suicide while awaiting trial for war crimes, or heart attack while being attended to by handmaidens.
gay-pride-march-may-group-men-leather-biker-outfits-rally-birmingham-england-54517351.jpg

I've never heard them called "handmaidens" before. Are we sure that's not an offensive term?

Back