• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

Didn't one guy who refused to push the button (cause he rightly believed it was a fault). Get court marshalled and kicked out of the military? As he had failed to follow procedure.

I actually thought it was one of the presidents who did it, some test rocket or some such was picked up and the military believed it was the US attacking and wanted retaliate but the president at the time wanted more time/info.

I actually thought it was one of the presidents who did it, some test rocket or some such was picked up and the military believed it was the US attacking and wanted retaliate but the president at the time wanted more time/info.

I posted the link above.

Fine line between trolling and pricking at arguments for your own enjoyment in the midst of a conversation about this war. Perhaps you weren't surprised by the accusation that followed and enjoyed that too?

I am always disappointed when people do not agree with my views not surprised though, few have my forethought and breadth of understanding.

Unfortunately I think the UK and US expect the Ukraine to be taken and sanctions are as far as they are willing to go. The government said today they draw the line at sending troops because thats a declaration of war. Its a shocker of a situation but sanctions are not workign to stop it and no one is willing to intervene, so its a case of seeing this out now

Pretty obvious I would have thought.

I imagine border defences with Russia will be beefed up and the world will keep on turning. Is the sensible thing to do, to prevent an all out war.

If you think it is a good thing then you will be glad the EU were involved with the negotiations if you think it is a bad thing then the UK were to involved with the decision.

My mate from football, who is a para, has just pulled out of the squad for tomorrow because he's suddenly got to go to Estonia early next week. Could be a last minute stag do drop out of course, but who knows

Its a fair way from Estonia to Ukraine. And through Belarus, a Russian ally.
The Estonians hate Russia.

So according to Biden America and UK want to kick Russia out of swift but the Germans Italy and Dutch are against it. That would be the British government who are elected stooges of Russia wanting to punish it while others stand back.

So according to Biden America and UK want to kick Russia out of swift but the Germans Italy and Dutch are against it. That would be the British government who are elected stooges of Russia wanting to punish it while others stand back.

Knowing nations in the EU will likely not want to stop energy imports, it is the perfect thing for asset Johson to back - knowing others will veto it. He can look anti-Russian while the Conservative establishment take the Russian derived donations and shares in gold mines.

Knowing nations in the EU will likely not want to stop energy imports, it is the perfect thing for asset Johson to back - knowing others will veto it. He can look anti-Russian while the Conservative establishment take the Russian derived donations and shares in gold mines.

:rolleyes:

The fact is the German, Dutch and Italians have been called out for not punishing the Russians. So do not deflect are they wrong to do that?

Their black sea fleet is based in crimea.
They need access to the med and the suez canal. Most of their trade goes through there.
They don't want enemies on their border (jfk was similar with cuba). Especially as those areas are of strategic importance.
Nato would control their trade with europe especially gas supplies.

They've said for years ukraine joins nato they push the button. It's why nato hasn't let ukraine join.

I posted other reasons a couple of pages back.
You're going to have to spell out for me what it is NATO would do to Russia if Ukraine joined.

Didn't realise this guy (right) is the mayor of Kyev. If he had any balls, Putin should man up and take on Klitscko in a duel to decide who takes the capital.

_69556108_vitafightap18feb12.jpg

Didn't realise this guy (right) is the mayor of Kyev. If he had any balls, Putin should man up and take on Klitscko in a duel to decide who takes the capital.

_69556108_vitafightap18feb12.jpg
If Putin had a stepladder he might just reach to punch him in the nuts.

Quite. So Russia should have no problem with Ukraine being a member.

My bad. Thought you said what would nato do if ukraine joined russia.

If ukraine joined nato, the us would tighten the screws on russia. Probably build a base or two there.
They'd have them over a barrell. They'd do pretty much they want in the rest of the world. They're already cutting off china.

Back