• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

How is Patrick Magee not a 'violent left-wing nutter'? He killed 5 people and the IRA always leaned towards Marxism.

In your world, the Brighton Bombing was done in the name of left-wing activism. In reality, it wasn't.

Ridiculous. You are trying to be a smart-arse and it's irritating.

I often often question it of course but I am a firm believer that down the road this will be the best outcome for the UK.

Like I said I think in an original thread, its short term pain for long term gain

Thank you. Can I ask why? What will happen down the road that will be the best outcome for the UK? What is the long term gain.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Thank you. Can I ask why? What will happen down the road that will be the best outcome for the UK? What is the long term gain.

I truly believe the UK will reach its full potential further down the line. I am leavign work now so I can't reply till late.

I truly believe the UK will reach its full potential further down the line. I am leavign work now so I can't reply till late.
How long is the line?

What about the damage to the people in the present?

How much greater potential compared to the past 35ish years do you think there is? And (specifically), why has this not been realised in the EU, but can be outside of it.

It's a false equivalence, there isn't a dangerous fringe on the left apart from in the imagination of people like you, certainly not in the UK.

Maybe point me to the Tory politician killed by a violent left-wing nutter?

*edit -- and the "Free Tommy" crowd are well represented in Parliament by the ERG. Right-wing libertarian nutcases who have a lot of views that cross over with the "Free Tommies."
So your dislike of the fringe right is that they're more effective in their assassinations?

How many people have the current Tory party associated with that have tried to blow up our government in a hotel? How many of the Conservative front bench have shared stages with and written articles for those who promote that kind of violence?

Talking of fringes, apropos of nothing, I remember meeting Netanyahu at a small fringe event at party conference in, I think (it was a long time ago), Blackpool - along with Andrew Neil who was at the same event, if I recollect correctly.

So your dislike of the fringe right is that they're more effective in their assassinations?

How many people have the current Tory party associated with that have tried to blow up our government in a hotel? How many of the Conservative front bench have shared stages with and written articles for those who promote that kind of violence?

Plenty, like a PM who orders his troops to fire on un armed protesters. Let me see, his name begins with an N...

I dislike the far right because they are violent fascists, evidenced by their murder of a Labour MP. You have no equivalent example in the UK today so you have chosen to live on planet Gutter Boy and talk about the IRA 3 decades ago.

The far right (not fringe, far) are well represented in Parliament by libertarian space cadets that make up the ERG, who hold sway over a weak Tory Prime Minister. Many of their views overlap and they co-operate with the same political strategists. As far as I am aware, Labour policy isn't influenced by the IRA or anybody else. Whereas the ERG -- and subsequently, the Tory government -- are influenced by those who back the far-right both here and in the USA. And it's not just the ERG, there are others in the Tory Party. But the ERG provide the clearest example of the overlap between the far-right and the right-wing of the Tory Party and their influence over this government.

I dislike the far right because they are violent fascists, evidenced by their murder of a Labour MP. You have no equivalent example in the UK today so you have chosen to live on planet Gutter Boy and talk about the IRA 3 decades ago.

The far right (not fringe, far) are well represented in Parliament by libertarian space cadets that make up the ERG, who hold sway over a weak Tory Prime Minister. Many of their views overlap and they co-operate with the same political strategists. As far as I am aware, Labour policy isn't influenced by the IRA or anybody else. Whereas the ERG -- and subsequently, the Tory government -- are influenced by those who back the far-right both here and in the USA. And it's not just the ERG, there are others in the Tory Party. But the ERG provide the clearest example of the overlap between the far-right and the right-wing of the Tory Party and their influence over this government.

And then there is the Russian link to this.

Is there a link to erg and the guy that murdered that mp? A serious link.
He's right wing, they're right wing that's hardly a link between them.
It's something they have in common, it's not a link.

Whereas Corbyn and the IRA are firm friends.

The far right coalesce around figures like Tommy Robinson, who share political strategists with the far-right in the Tory Party (Steve Bannon). The political views of the far-right have a lot of overlap with the right of the Tory Party. Some examples would be anti-state, anti-EU, anti-Islam, anti-Labour. Their politics and associations is what link them together. They share many of the same goals. The neo-Nazi nutter who killed Joe Cox was motivated to target her because she was left wing and against the politics of the far-right. When stuff like Islamophobia gets stoked up in the Tory Party and the Free Tommy crowd, violent cranks like this act on it. The motivation to target a Labour MP didn't come out of thin air. It came from the cess-pit of far-right politics and as I have outlined, many of these views get a fair hearing from the ERG and their ilk in Parliament.

And again, we can all have our opinions on who Corbyn is linked with. My main point in all this is to compare the coverage of that and the coverage of the above and compare where the violence in politics comes from right now in the UK.

The far right coalesce around figures like Tommy Robinson, who share political strategists with the far-right in the Tory Party (Steve Bannon). The political views of the far-right have a lot of overlap with the right of the Tory Party. Some examples would be anti-state, anti-EU, anti-Islam, anti-Labour. Their politics and associations is what link them together. They share many of the same goals. The neo-Nazi nutter who killed Joe Cox was motivated to target her because she was left wing and against the politics of the far-right. When stuff like Islamophobia gets stoked up in the Tory Party and the Free Tommy crowd, violent cranks like this act on it. The motivation to target a Labour MP didn't come out of thin air. It came from the cess-pit of far-right politics and as I have outlined, many of these views get a fair hearing from the ERG and their ilk in Parliament.

And again, we can all have our opinions on who Corbyn is linked with. My main point in all this is to compare the coverage of that and the coverage of the above and compare where the violence in politics comes from right now in the UK.

That's not a link as you expressed it in your op.
Spoutng bs like this will not attract the centre voter that Labour needs to win an election.
If anything it will put them off. Tommy Robinson has as much to do with the core Conservative voter as Derek Hatton had with Labour voters in the 80s.

I think the only thing that unifies the right is a commitment to inequality/meritocracy. The difference between anti-state libertarians and pro-state one-nations is pretty polar.

I think the only thing that unifies the right is a commitment to inequality/meritocracy. The difference between anti-state libertarians and pro-state one-nations is pretty polar.

Eh?
Is that a commitment inequality over meritocracy?
Surely the classic definition of right wing would mean meritocracy (best person for the job regardless of race, creed or colour) is not something they would be committed to.

Back