• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

He's someone who has really surprised and impressed me. Last season he looked all over the place defensively. His positioning was awful and he was so easily beaten around the outside. So far this year other than one blip against United whenever he's been tasked with actually defending he's been more than up to the test. Yesterday he had some fantastic dogged defending and steals of the ball. For a player that many of us thought might be the weak link defensively has actually been very untroubled 6 games into the season.

His quality on the ball has never been denied but he was literally costing us a goal a game last term and that was from a RWB position that should on paper be easier to learn and more suited to his attributes. Yet it's as an orthodox (ish) RB that he's really excelling. This improvement is remarkable and I don't think it's been spot lit enough.

Again another player whose base technical level is super high. Have we had a RB with this much overall tecnhique previously? I'm struggling to think of one.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Makes a massive difference having a manager who actually coaches players, I don't think the last 3 managers made anyone better bar the odd spell yet almost everyone is looking better this season.

His crossing is unreal, fizzed in a couple of crosses into really dangerous areas.

Makes a massive difference having a manager who actually coaches players, I don't think the last 3 managers made anyone better bar the odd spell yet almost everyone is looking better this season.

His crossing is unreal, fizzed in a couple of crosses into really dangerous areas.
His control of the ball is immense
His defending is ok. Could what’s be better
But the way he keeps and makes his passes is brilliant

Another player who Ange has lifted and brought his game out from him, another player who has a lot playing years in front of him and looks to be improving under Ange.

Another player who Ange has lifted and brought his game out from him, another player who has a lot playing years in front of him and looks to be improving under Ange.

When I look at him last season, some of the mistakes he was making were really, really basic. I feared for him, I really did. The improvement this year has been huge. He now looks a decent defender while he has a lot of quality on the ball. I'm sure Emerson is sore at being left out and he was unlucky to be dropped after Brentford but Porro has made that spot his own now. Credit to the lad and credit to the coaching staff.

When I look at him last season, some of the mistakes he was making were really, really basic. I feared for him, I really did. The improvement this year has been huge. He now looks a decent defender while he has a lot of quality on the ball. I'm sure Emerson is sore at being left out and he was unlucky to be dropped after Brentford but Porro has made that spot his own now. Credit to the lad and credit to the coaching staff.

Do not disagree about last season at all but in all honesty our football was poor from most of the players, it seemed to me that a lot of our players were playing in fear and because of that ( they/him) looked poor on a lot of occasions. Some players suffer more then others with that situation and he was one of them. Not trying to make excuses for him and we will have to wait and see how it turns out but he does seem to be playing with more confidence now.

he comes deeper for it, good pass into Madders, then he puts in a real shift to get upfield to support the move. its a split second from making it to Son and it being possibly 3-2.

he comes deeper for it, good pass into Madders, then he puts in a real shift to get upfield to support the move. its a split second from making it to Son and it being possibly 3-2.
Yes, one of those moments when a player should just feed it into the zone between the onrushing strikers and the keeper.
No need to take a touch or look up or check for a split second, just feed it in first time without thinking, and then it is the striker's fault if he isn't there.

Do not disagree about last season at all but in all honesty our football was poor from most of the players, it seemed to me that a lot of our players were playing in fear and because of that ( they/him) looked poor on a lot of occasions. Some players suffer more then others with that situation and he was one of them. Not trying to make excuses for him and we will have to wait and see how it turns out but he does seem to be playing with more confidence now.

Playing with fear and playing in a dysfunctional team that often left him exposed defensively and with too much to do when attacking.

The difference is stark and his quality is now really shining through.

Looks like he's played as an inverted full back for years and years.

I'm sure if I look back I could find a post from the summer where I'd given Porro absolutely no chance of working as a RB in this league but how wrong I clearly was. Not sure if it's a combination of settling in considering he arrived in January, as well as suiting Ange's game plan but I have been won over.

Not the hardest test he'll have defensively given the red cards but forcing the OG was huge. Great character as well, just seems to love all parts of if the game and has great technique to execute it.

Pedro's been quietly stringing together a number of strong performances, I kind of feel for Royal but hard to see him getting back in the team unless injury strikes.

I'm sure if I look back I could find a post from the summer where I'd given Porro absolutely no chance of working as a RB in this league but how wrong I clearly was. Not sure if it's a combination of settling in considering he arrived in January, as well as suiting Ange's game plan but I have been won over.

Not the hardest test he'll have defensively given the red cards but forcing the OG was huge. Great character as well, just seems to love all parts of if the game and has great technique to execute it.

Pedro's been quietly stringing together a number of strong performances, I kind of feel for Royal but hard to see him getting back in the team unless injury strikes.
Yep, there was a series of matches where Porro lost his man at the back post and he looked very vulnerable, so it was fair enough to worry about his awareness. But so far, much improved.

Back