• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

That shows him playing wingback in a 352. And is a preseason friendly if I'm not mistaken?

I mean wing backs generally looking like wide forwards/wingers when attacking, don't they? And depending on how a team is playing (on the front foot/back foot) they'll often spend more time doing one job than the other. Perhaps that's what you saw. Either way i don't think there's anything to back up him starting as a wide forward like you keep suggesting.

That shows him playing wingback in a 352. And is a preseason friendly if I'm not mistaken?

I mean wing backs generally looking like wide forwards/wingers when attacking, don't they? And depending on how a team is playing (on the front foot/back foot) they'll often spend more time doing one job than the other. Perhaps that's what you saw. Either way i don't think there's anything to back up him starting as a wide forward like you keep suggesting.
But nothing to suggest he has played or can play as right back
He hasn’t a defensive bone in his body
He didn’t show it at sporting
And I can only comment one what i saw at Girona .. he wasn’t playing right back
They generally played with a 3 that season too

But nothing to suggest he has played or can play as right back
He hasn’t a defensive bone in his body
He didn’t show it at sporting
And I can only comment one what i saw at Girona .. he wasn’t playing right back
They generally played with a 3 that season too

Apart from the site i linked to detailing the positions he has played?

Apart from the site i linked to detailing the positions he has played?
Its a website
Don’t get me wrong, a decent one
But I’m not sure how it distinguishes a position TBH
Hence why i refer to what I saw
I’ve seen him play right back for us
And look woeful

I did the filter and it has him playing right back for us 12 times or defensive right of that’s the position

Last edited:
"Triggered the mandatory option"?!?

Mandatory implies we had to do it! Therefore it wasn't an 'option' and 'triggering' it doesnt make sense either as they would ahve been a data stiuplated in the deal, which presumably was 1 July

It might have been mandatory but no specific time (anytime this summer)?

I've seen enough to confirm Porro cannot defend. He is fair but he just doesn't know how to block runs and shots.

I've seen enough to confirm Porro cannot defend. He is fair but he just doesn't know how to block runs and shots.

Or be within about 40 yards of where he's supposed to be when we don't have the ball.

The one way I can possible see it working is in a wonky with Davies and LB. A bit of a reverse of the Udogie-Royal dynamic

So poor for any ball to the back post, feels like we've shipped a goal per game with that one mistake

he won't fit as an inverted full back, or a conventional one - so its wing for him or he's going to be a white elephant. Either that or he demonstrates remarkable ability to learn under Ange and develops the defensive side of his game to a level that is acceptable.

We've a few now that I don't get how Ange will use them....

he won't fit as an inverted full back, or a conventional one - so its wing for him or he's going to be a white elephant. Either that or he demonstrates remarkable ability to learn under Ange and develops the defensive side of his game to a level that is acceptable.

We've a few now that I don't get how Ange will use them....

IF Ange works out that he is not a FB we still have a very highly capable RW as cover or competition for Deki. He showed how good he was in advance areas at the end of last season.

Also if we are being honest, one of the biggest complaints on this forum has been a lack of options, playing a side with a back 6 at home, what an option a fully attacking FB will be? I don't see him being here a problem, in fact I see nothing but benefits

By no way is all lost with Porro, its just going to take some compromise along the line from manager and player

Last edited:
IF Ange works out that he is not a FB we still have a very highly capable RW as cover or competition for Deki. He showed how good he was in advance areas at the end of last season.

By no way is all lost with Porro, its just going to take some compromise along the line from manager and player

There is no reason that at his age (23) he can not adapt to playing as a FB, after all there were muppets on social media/ in the crowd who were slagging Royal off for not being able to play in our system ( and look at him now). Never understand how fans can write off young players who have not been given a proper chance to adapt to different ways of playing.

There is no reason that at his age (23) he can not adapt to playing as a FB, after all there were muppets on social media/ in the crowd who were slagging Royal off for not being able to play in our system ( and look at him now). Never understand how fans can write off young players who have not been given a proper chance to adapt to different ways of playing.

Haha we must have crossed over as I edited my post, I think there is a place for him at FB too, horses for courses and all that.

Back