• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

IF Ange works out that he is not a FB we still have a very highly capable RW as cover or competition for Deki. He showed how good he was in advance areas at the end of last season.

Also if we are being honest, one of the biggest complaints on this forum has been a lack of options, playing a side with a back 6 at home, what an option a fully attacking FB will be? I don't see him being here a problem, in fact I see nothing but benefits

By no way is all lost with Porro, its just going to take some compromise along the line from manager and player
The setup is actually good if he uses him as a swap for Kulu. It makes even more sense as we have Spence available (for now) for the more attacking RB role.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Have to say, I have little faith in this lad as a defender, but thought that he looked defensively pretty good tonight. Maybe as good as I’ve seen him.

He obviously got caught twice in the first half on the half turn which I’m not factoring in to that as that wasn’t defending as such.

Will be interesting to see if he can keep it up but him and Emerson could have a very good battle for that position.

Dodgy defending but excellent in possession and a really technical passer and shooter. On balance he probably should start the majority of games. We will just have to take the hit when hes not quite up to task defensively.

Dodgy defending but excellent in possession and a really technical passer and shooter. On balance he probably should start the majority of games. We will just have to take the hit when hes not quite up to task defensively.
Ange ball summed up in a nutshell

defensively not good?
Both ends, not great. Capable of brilliance sometimes, e.g. that pass, but the main reason for playing such a weak defender is his attacking talent, and he failed to deliver multiple times, and was poor defensively.
They ran through him 3 times in the first minute like he was wet tissue paper.

I thought he was better defensively that Royal when he came on.

We were sitting back more then, but I thought Royal was causing us more problems that Porro had.

His technique is unreal at times, but sometimes he just needs to do the basic things a little bit better and then he'd be a REALLY good player. Should've fed the ball to Son for his hat trick but he's showing incredible technique which is really helping progress the ball in midfield.

He got away with it a little today as he was up against Jesus who kept coming inside. Martinelli would have been a much tougher test.

Still solid though and will only get better defensively.

He was excellent. A real stalwart performance and not necessarily one we might have expected from him last season
He's someone who has really surprised and impressed me. Last season he looked all over the place defensively. His positioning was awful and he was so easily beaten around the outside. So far this year other than one blip against United whenever he's been tasked with actually defending he's been more than up to the test. Yesterday he had some fantastic dogged defending and steals of the ball. For a player that many of us thought might be the weak link defensively has actually been very untroubled 6 games into the season.

His quality on the ball has never been denied but he was literally costing us a goal a game last term and that was from a RWB position that should on paper be easier to learn and more suited to his attributes. Yet it's as an orthodox (ish) RB that he's really excelling. This improvement is remarkable and I don't think it's been spot lit enough.

Again another player whose base technical level is super high. Have we had a RB with this much overall tecnhique previously? I'm struggling to think of one.

He's someone who has really surprised and impressed me. Last season he looked all over the place defensively. His positioning was awful and he was so easily beaten around the outside. So far this year other than one blip against United whenever he's been tasked with actually defending he's been more than up to the test. Yesterday he had some fantastic dogged defending and steals of the ball. For a player that many of us thought might be the weak link defensively has actually been very untroubled 6 games into the season.

His quality on the ball has never been denied but he was literally costing us a goal a game last term and that was from a RWB position that should on paper be easier to learn and more suited to his attributes. Yet it's as an orthodox (ish) RB that he's really excelling. This improvement is remarkable and I don't think it's been spot lit enough.

Again another player whose base technical level is super high. Have we had a RB with this much overall tecnhique previously? I'm struggling to think of one.

I think the technique level of the squad is higher than it's ever been (in recent memory at least)

Back