• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

Thing is, I gave Royal a lot of brick before he finally started performing well. Not immediately, but after at least half a season watching him playing under Conte. Who knows, maybe he just happened to hit the form of his life and I genuinely felt really bad when he got injured most recently.
I get that some people aren't going to get on the Porro bandwagon but I agree with you about the kneejerking. I can kind of understand where people are coming from to a point as I've made that same mistake before, it's simply way too early to judge him though.

I also get that other players around him aren't playing well either, and it's not that I blame them for Porro's form. He needs to push on and stand out from the rest of our underperforming players but I want to give him at least the preseason with (hopefully) a proper manager.

Most fans get upset when they do not see immediate sucess from signings and when that happens they jump on the player and those that bought them. As you say Royal is a prime example he was called rotten by a section of fans for being asked to do a job that he was not used too. He has adapted to the way we play and before he got injured was showing that he could be a very good player.

The truth is that most signings are a gamble and you only have to see how many have not worked out not just here but at other clubs as well. I guess its a sign of the times but folks tend to want instant sucess in whatever they do. He may turn out to be failure here but those who are slagging him off ALLREADY need to reflect and give him time to settle in a different country, way of playing etc. Sadly i will not hold my breath for that to happen for a section of our fans.

I think he might become Son's heir (in terms of the direct WF, i know they play different sides). Move Kulu to #10

I see no reason to move him to the left flank when he is already proving to be a goal and assit threat on the right.
GB wasn't saying move him to left - he literally said they play different sides!
He's saying he a good direct attacker, to drive at defenders and can score goals

We have had this discussion before
He played winger when I saw him play
It wasn’t much
They did play a 3 at the back
But he was never a right back when I saw them

Exactly you didn't see him play much, the numbers are out there on sites which track player positions game by game and they say he was a RB/WB with a couple of games further forward. Maybe you got lucky and watched the full matches where he played as a winger?

Edit :
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/362352/History/Pedro-Porro

You can filter by position in the history/detailed section

IMG_1901.png

I
Exactly you didn't see him play much, the numbers are out there on sites which track player positions game by game and they say he was a RB/WB with a couple of games further forward. Maybe you got lucky and watched the full matches where he played as a winger?

Edit :
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/362352/History/Pedro-Porro

You can filter by position in the history/detailed section
Yeah
He even played wing back against us
I saw him play 3 maybe 4 times
I don’t remember this game
I assume that site doesn’t differentiate formations of the team

Back