• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

We will always need them more than they need us. They have better scouts and links to young players and are far bolder in bringing in potential players. There will be other players we will want from them in the future but they will likely never pay good money for someone we are selling, they just don't have the finance.
Actually it’s also because it’s easier to get an employment visa there
It’s why so many come into European football via Portugal

Excelsior was a loan. We sold him to vitoria for no fee but a 50% sell on fee. Vitoria the sold him to sporting. His release clause was €15m. Spurs, sporting and vitoria did a deal. Sporting would pay €7.5m which was split between spurs and vitoria (i believe) then spurs and vitoria both retained a 25% sell on fee.

Although it may be possible vitoria got the money and we retained the 50%. But i'm pretty sure we received money.

Edwards sell on fee doesn’t move with him to new clubs does it? Wouldn’t we have already been paid for Edwards when he moved from that dutch team?

Telegraph's report on it ->

The Telegraph reports that Tottenham could yet earn a huge fee if Marcus Edwards leaves Sporting Lisbon, despite letting him leave for free to Vitoria in 2019. The 23-year-old forward joined Sporting for £9 million this year, and Spurs allowed to forgo their 50% sell-on fee in order to carry it over to his deal at Sporting, where he has a £52m release clause.

Actually it’s also because it’s easier to get an employment visa there
It’s why so many come into European football via Portugal
I thought I had mentioned that in my post but I see I didn't. That does indeed help and they are bold and risk taking with their purchases.

We will always need them more than they need us. They have better scouts and links to young players and are far bolder in bringing in potential players. There will be other players we will want from them in the future but they will likely never pay good money for someone we are selling, they just don't have the finance.

Wouldn't matter if we did because anytime we sign a young talent our fans cry about cheap and young and then spout crap about them

Di Marzio is one of the more reliable one's isn't he
Ornstein saying it too, looks like it might be sorted finally

Going back for adama traore ... its just the spurs way

It's the fans that keeps begging for that one

Thankfully the club has ignored the clamber for someone who is a weekend insta reel

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

So, Levy steps in and a few hours later it’s all resolved? That can’t be right?
1*oX8lJk9t_JVoud1EYrBs2Q.png

So caa spent weeks negotiating. Levy sorted it in just over a day (if it happens). Didn't similar happen with modric?

Edit - glendas legs thinking the same thing.

Looks good. We're spending smartly to bring in someone Conte wants and will fix a sagging element of his week-in, week-out tactics.

And he'll bring up our quotient of snappy haircuts and sharp-looking tattoos.

Porro and Danjuma. Not a bad January transfer window. Again. Doesn't solve all the problems but gives us some solid squad options and puts the wind up the pantlegs of Doherty and Emerson - to say nowt of Son and Richarlison - and clearly shows that the manager's patience isn't to be tested for too long.

For all the backline issues recently griped and moaned about here and elsewhere, adding a couple of strong attacking options might well be the easiest way to solve defensive issues.

Back