• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

Context and usage are important.
Retarded is generally considered as offensive and associated with neurodivergence.
The post was clearly about the other posters cognitive functions, so at best was very poorly judged (albeit not incorrect!).

But if the sentence was something like "Sarr is out for 6 months, our title challenge will be retarded now" .... then that's fine, it's not an insult and is being used in it's proper context to describe a lack of progress.

(This isnt specifically a reply to you btw, it's more general!)

The biggest irony here - the person the R word was aimed is probably the person that cares the least on this clusterfudge of misfitery we while away our time on to avoid real life

I wouldn't expect anyone to actually change their usage of the word when called out, that would mean actually taking some kind of ownership and responsibility. If this is some kind of wild west section of the internet without rules then it is what it is, so after asking politely once that's all there is to it.

It's only words, hate speech is only hate speech but it's a lot less brave to continue displaying it on an anonymous online forum then in real life.

The main thing is Sarr being fit and well, hopefully for the tournament in question. If cretins sans empathy on the internet are happy that may be injured for it, that comes as no surprise.

Blimey, some folk on here do take offence easily (can't think why, we all know Scara is the most humble and charitable soul on the forum).
So the use of the word "cretin" is an interesting choice....

Cretin - A stupid person.

I think that's a reasonable enough choice but thanks for your added input on the subject, could have just stuck to lurking on this one but your choice of course. It's a good sign that I am offended by slurs that aren't acceptable in modern society, there's a discussion to be had elsewhere if you think that's a bad stance, I'd truly be happy to have that discussion.

It may however be better to just move it back along to Sarr being the main thing discussed here if that doesn't seem too crazy of an idea. Not going to gain anything poking at folk's choice of vocab, whether done sincerely in a polite manner to help someone who may actually listen or done as a point scoring attempt.

So to attempt to reign it back to the subject at hand once again (before your valued contribution was kindly added), hopefully we'll see him bossing it for Senegal with some quality performance and he'll come back an even better player with an international trophy to his name!

Last edited:
No it wasn't. If you read it again it's the actual statement I call retarded, not the person. Major difference. At least that was the intention. Translated to my language, that's easy to understand, but maybe my English isn't good enough for it to be clear, or maybe that nuance doesn't exist in English?
I stand corrected.

Anyone else think it could be Sarr, Maddison and Bentancur when everyone is fit/available/not suspended?

Yes, but big competition from Bissouma & Lo Celso for the other spots (which is good). Really only think Bentancur & Maddison are locked positions

Sarr is a talent, but probably another season or two of maturing needed to get closer to his ceiling.

What we are starting to see is we have combinations that work (vs. just one)
- Sarr, Bissouma, Maddison works
- Sarr, Bentancur, Lo Celso works
- I'd assume Bentancur, Bissouma, Maddison & Bentancur, Bissouma, Lo Celso will work

Amazing news. I'll say it quietly, but he reminds me a bit of Viera. Covers so much ground with ease
That's a comparison I've made too - has a long way to go to reach that level of course, but his attributes are there and he's got time on his side. He's already improved quite a bit since last season, and I think he will keep improving.

Can't believe how much they backed off him for his goal. Can't allow quality players, and even Prem substandard ones, that much time and space. That's when you see what sets the pros apart, picking a spot is so easy for them with time.

Last edited:
Credit to Ange here too. He's taken a young promising player and turned him into a pro. Sarr gets some credit too :)

Cretin - A stupid person.

I think that's a reasonable enough choice .... It's a good sign that I am offended by slurs that aren't acceptable in modern society

You know as well as I do that calling someone a "cretin"is highly offensive these days, but hey, life must be great up there on the moral high ground!
Back to the thread...Sarr, simply a fantastic player, could be a megastar, just have to hope that injuries don't derail what promises to be an extraordinary career with us.

Back