• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

Can you please point to the evidence to where Sess doesnt want to play football, and much prefers being constantly on the treatment table? It seems quite the vogue thing on here from some posters regarding players who have consistently been unavailable, it must be that they dont want to be on the pitch. I'm sure Sess is delighted not to be playing Premier League football, especially with Ange´s brand of football - can´t imagine he is frustrated with his injuries in the slightest :rolleyes:....

Could not agree more, to be honest i feel really sorry for him that he has had all these injurys. I knew a couple of the coaches who worked with him at Fulham and they both said/think that his talent was as good as any they have worked with. He is only 23 and if ( a big if i admit) he can get fit he could still be a very good player.

Could not agree more, to be honest i feel really sorry for him that he has had all these injurys. I knew a couple of the coaches who worked with him at Fulham and they both said/think that his talent was as good as any they have worked with. He is only 23 and if ( a big if i admit) he can get fit he could still be a very good player.

He was 16 wasn’t he when broke through into their first team. Scoring goals, pace to burn and the world at his feet.

I still think he can be a good player. he needs 1-2s up the wing and he can finish from around the box. He’s decent defensively. Just needs to stay fit. Same age as Poro now and with consistent games not that dissimilar potentially.

He was 16 wasn’t he when broke through into their first team. Scoring goals, pace to burn and the world at his feet.

I still think he can be a good player. he needs 1-2s up the wing and he can finish from around the box. He’s decent defensively. Just needs to stay fit. Same age as Poro now and with consistent games not that dissimilar potentially.

I would agree he is/was an outstanding prospect with many skills unfortunately defending is not one of them, I watched as much as I should have him at Fulham and when we were rumoured to be after him I posted this on several occasions, I believed he's a good wide forward but not a wingback or fullback.

If Sarr is fit enough to start does he go straight back in? What would your 3 be in the middle?

Doesn't sound like it
Ange didn't mention him (going by the quotes) and said everyone else out until at least January
Yeah Sess will surely need a longer time just in full training before playing due to the time he has been out. Would imagine they’d want him back in full training for 3-4 weeks before he thinks about playing in the premier league.

If Sarr is fit enough to start does he go straight back in? What would your 3 be in the middle?

I think he goes straight in if fit enough.
Replace Gil and push Kulusevski back up top with Johnson on the other side.

But we also have to think about the AFCON, so maybe him playing a sub role until that is over is a better option for consistency

if Sarr can play, then we just go back to him, Biss and Lo Celso in the Madders role. Top three start themselves.

I would agree he is/was an outstanding prospect with many skills unfortunately defending is not one of them, I watched as much as I should have him at Fulham and when we were rumoured to be after him I posted this on several occasions, I believed he's a good wide forward but not a wingback or fullback.

Players are able to develop. Not least Poro. His defending is massively improved. Similar with Sessengon. He had Salah and other tricky wingers tamed a season or two ago. Sess has pace and strength...

Players are able to develop. Not least Poro. His defending is massively improved. Similar with Sessengon. He had Salah and other tricky wingers tamed a season or two ago. Sess has pace and strength...
But he's never given me the impression he wants to defend, you must have that to do it well, he has bags of talent but not the desire and his confidence has gone, perhaps Postercoglu can get him back on track, I just cant see him being a defender, Porro is a totally different character looks totally confident in his ability even when making mistakes.

But he's never given me the impression he wants to defend, you must have that to do it well, he has bags of talent but not the desire and his confidence has gone, perhaps Postercoglu can get him back on track, I just cant see him being a defender, Porro is a totally different character looks totally confident in his ability even when making mistakes.
Sess has suffered working under some awful coaches
But still has managed some very under rated defensive performances that get rapidly forgotten

Options are good i guess, i hope Lo Celso is not the one to make way as i think we are starting to see how good a player he is.

Can't see us taking GLC out until Maddison comes back

Sarr, even if fit would be highly unlikely to start tomorrow considering time out plus game again Sunday. I suspect same starting team (Romero in for Royal), Gil probably early sub.

Re the Sess conversation, he's done, people are talking about Fulham's Sess, that guy has never played for Spurs (the shirt/club/transition has been too much for him), yes he's had the odd ok game (mostly defensively weirdly), but he's lost years of development, can't stay fit, which in my opinion means he no longer trusts his body, doesn't use his pace/power (if it's still there) and he hides (go look at Gil play vs. any Sess game you can find, Gil as badly suited to the PL as he is, never hides, is always an outlet pass, is always covering ground). He's off in summer if can even be fit for that.

Can't see us taking GLC out until Maddison comes back

Sarr, even if fit would be highly unlikely to start tomorrow considering time out plus game again Sunday. I suspect same starting team (Romero in for Royal), Gil probably early sub.

Re the Sess conversation, he's done, people are talking about Fulham's Sess, that guy has never played for Spurs (the shirt/club/transition has been too much for him), yes he's had the odd ok game (mostly defensively weirdly), but he's lost years of development, can't stay fit, which in my opinion means he no longer trusts his body, doesn't use his pace/power (if it's still there) and he hides (go look at Gil play vs. any Sess game you can find, Gil as badly suited to the PL as he is, never hides, is always an outlet pass, is always covering ground). He's off in summer if can even be fit for that.

I hope you are right about GLC getting more game time ( lets hope he stays fit). As you say it may be the end of the road for Sess ( i hope not) but as you say it looks like injurys have taken a toll on him and as it stands he may find it hard to get in the side even if he does manage to get fit. As i have said elsewhere its such a shame to see a lad who had the ability to really push on but with all the setbacks his confidence seems to have gone through the floor when he has managed to get in the team.

Having worked with young players at a high level its a shame to see what was a very promising ( and energetic) player end up like he has.

Back