• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Premier League Matches Thread

I was thinking "should I watch this match?", concluding "nah, boring chelski vs boring ****, bound to be 1-0 or 0-0, not worth it" - and now this. Love it. :lol:

Think is, he didnt need to do it, it wasnt going in

Yep. Looked to be sneaking wide.

Just from the replays it looks like a lino or the 4th official made the call over the radio mike thingie. Mariner might get away with it.

I want Chelsea to go for the jugular now. No mercy.

Doesn't matter.
Deliberate handball is deliberate handball.
Nothing about shots going wide in the rules.

Does it say that deliberate handball is a red card? Isn't all handballs given supposed to be deliberate.
Thought the red card was because he prevents a goal or goal scoring opportunity.

I don't think it's impossible that none of the officials saw the handball and Mariner simply inferred from player reactions that it must have happened.

Yep. Looked to be sneaking wide.

Just from the replays it looks like a lino or the 4th official made the call over the radio mike thingie. Mariner might get away with it.

I want Chelsea to go for the jugular now. No mercy.

They surely have to, against 10 men it's a big oppurtunity for them to close the gap on the GD. Before today Liverpool +41
Liverpool +44 and Chelsea were +33

Such a close thing at the top, this looks like being another season where the title is decided on GD. Jose will surely tell them to go for it in the 2nd half

Does it say that deliberate handball is a red card? Isn't all handballs given supposed to be deliberate.
Thought the red card was because he prevents a goal or goal scoring opportunity.

Agreed, I'd've said a yellow personally, unless the ref thought it was going in - wouldn't surprise me considering he then sent off the wrong player.

Remember that cliché in the old days about 10 players playing better than the 11? That has 100% gone from the modern game. 11 v 10 is now a death sentence.

from http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfootball/clubfootball/01/37/04/28/law12-en.pdf

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with
the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into
consideration:
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an
infringement
• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.)
counts as an infringement
• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) counts as an
infringement

There are circumstances when a caution for unsporting behaviour is required
when a player deliberately handles the ball, e.g. when a player:
• deliberately handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession
• attempts to score a goal by deliberately handling the ball
A player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or an obvious goalscoring
opportunity by deliberately handling the ball. This punishment arises not from
the act of the player deliberately handling the ball but from the unacceptable
and unfair intervention that prevented a goal being scored.

I don't think it's impossible that none of the officials saw the handball and Mariner simply inferred from player reactions that it must have happened.

Looked to me it was the linesman that saw it.
Maybe it was the one furthest away and thats how he completely misidentified the player.

All of a sudden our 4-0 implosion doesn't look so bad. On the other hand it does make our attacking threat look terrible given that we couldn't manage a single goal against Arsenal

Looked to me it was the linesman that saw it.
Maybe it was the one furthest away and thats how he completely misidentified the player.

Actually, that makes sense because, given where Mariner was standing, the correct positioning for the nearside linesman would have been right behind the line of the shot, somewhere around the dugouts.

Remember that cliché in the old days about 10 players playing better than the 11? That has 100% gone from the modern game. 11 v 10 is now a death sentence.

Depends on the team. If the team is attacking and creative they usually fall apart with 10 men.
But a defensive team like the Chelsea one that won the Champion's League managed with 10 men in the semi final against Barcelona.

Back