• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

Em this wasnt supposed to happen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23790314

Karim Benzema & Angel Di Maria: ****nal target Real Madrid pair

By David Ornstein
BBC Sport

****nal are working on deals to sign Real Madrid pair Karim Benzema and Angel Di Maria.

The Gunners are prepared to pay £40m for 25-year-old France striker Benzema after missing out on Gonzalo Higuain and Liverpool's Luis Suarez.

****nal manager ****ne Wenger is keen to further boost his attacking options with Argentina international Di Maria, 25, who plays on the left wing.

It is understood Wenger is also chasing a goalkeeper and a defensive player.

****nal's only summer signing to date is the 20-year-old French striker Yaya Sanogo on a free transfer from Auxerre, but it is thought they could spend close to £100m by the close of the transfer window at 23:00 BST on 2 September.

Speaking after his side's 3-0 victory at Fenerbahce in their Champions League qualifying play-off first leg, Wenger admitted the pursuit of Suarez was over.

****nal saw two bids rejected for the Uruguay forward as Liverpool insisted he was not for sale.

"Absolutely no chance of that," said Wenger of Suarez arriving at Emirates Stadium.

The Gunners have also had a £10m offer for Saudi Sportswashing Machine midfielder Yohan Cabaye turned down, but Wenger suggested the final 12 days of the transfer window would be busy.

****nal lost at home to Aston Villa on the opening day of the Premier League season and have suffered injuries to Mikel Arteta, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Laurent Koscielny, while Abou Diaby remains sidelined and fellow-midfielder Jack Wheelchair is still returning to full match fitness.

"Quality wise we do not need, but numbers wise we are short," Wenger continued.
"We lost Arteta and Diaby. We are without three international midfielders. We will try and bring one in but we are working on that. What you have to understand is that there is still a long way to go.
"The transfer market really starts now, a lot of activity will happen between now and 2 September. We have 12 days. A lot will happen. It starts now."

Don't think Madrid will sell Benzema now, they'll leave themselves with no strikers. He seems to be part of Ancelotti's plans.

Di Maria, they might sell -- frankly, he's quite an over-rated player imo. And I'm not sure why they'd buy him. On one flank, they have Walcott, who scores more goals than Di Maria. On the other, they have Cazorla, who is more creative. Podolski and Chamberlain give them cover. Di Maria wouldn't go there to sit on the bench, he might as well stay where he is.

Still don't understand - but am eternally grateful for it - why Lloris and Capoue weren't identified, scouted and signed by ****nal. They are *exactly* the players they need (amongst others). And you'd think with Wenger's record of signing good French players, those two would have been on his radar before anyone else had gotten wind of them.

As I say though, I'm thankful it worked out the way it did.

Still don't understand - but am eternally grateful for it - why Lloris and Capoue weren't identified, scouted and signed by ****nal. They are *exactly* the players they need (amongst others). And you'd think with Wenger's record of signing good French players, those two would have been on his radar before anyone else had gotten wind of them.

As I say though, I'm thankful it worked out the way it did.

Agree and would add Paulilnho, Soldado and Man U there.

Paulinho did say that he respects AVB. Soldado was obviously pushed but funny how we were the ones who coughed up the cash, and it doesn't seem too much for a full Spain international

from http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/21/transfer-window-latest-news-live

funny :ross:

Here are my favourite quotes from Swedish footballer Sebastian Castro-Tello, who joined Ravan in Azerbaijan 24 hours before being asked about a possible dream move to Las Palmas. All the quotes are from the Swedish paper Aftonbladet. If you thought that life as a footballer was glamorous then think again,

I don't know how I ended up here. My agent said they were looking for a No10 so I flew down to their training camp in Slovenia. I ended up in a big room with seven other players. A guy from Slovakia, one from Georgia and a few others. We had to fight each other to get a contract. I thought: 'We're the hell have I ended up/'
The only thing I knew about Azerbaijan before I moved was that they had hosted the Eurovision Song Contest. Things are different here [compared to Sweden]. People are more stressed. Almost nothing is like Sweden.

Real have already sold Higuain, would they really sell Benzema too?

I would expect Di Maria to move this summer, especially as Bale to Real is looking so likely.

Greg Stobart @gstobart

BREAKING: Manchester United's improved £35m joint bid for Fellaini & Baines has gone in today

Stan Collymore @StanCollymore

Benzema to Arsenal. Typo surely? Must been Ben Zeema, that 19 year old French wonder kid from(insert Ligue 1 team).

:lol:

Back