• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

This anelka stuff is unbelievable

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...nd-could-retire-from-football-completely.html

Nicolas Anelka leaves West Bromwich Albion and could retire from football completely

Nicolas Anelka cleared out his locker at West Bromwich Albion's training ground on Thursday and declared he is leaving the Hawthorns, less than two months after signing as a free agent.

Telegraph Sport understands the former Arsenal and Chelsea forward has been considering his future for days, after making his debut against Southampton on Saturday, and there are claims he could even now retire from the game completely.

Albion head coach Steve Clarke and technical director Richard Garlick have both attempted to persuade the former France international to change his mind but Anelka did not train on Thursday and subsequently walked out of the club.

It is believed Anelka may have experienced a recent tragedy in his personal life and talks to find an amicable solution with the club have so far failed. There is no suggestion of a bust-up.

This surprise development is the latest episode in Anelka's nomadic career, which has been blighted by persistent accusations regarding his attitude and temperament, earning him the nickname 'Le Sulk'.

Last week Clarke had defended the 34-year-old, claiming he did not deserve his unwanted reputation and insisting he will prove a huge success this season.

Anelka signed a one-year contract in July after his deal expired at Juventus and produced a number of encouraging performances in pre-season.

But now Albion are facing the prospect of losing Anelka, just one game into the Premier League season, unless the impasse can be resolved.

BSTViVGIMAE5T6w.jpg

Sky Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio, quickly becoming one of the stars of the current transfer window, thanks to his contacts across the globe and willingness to share his information, reports Chelsea have made an offer to Samuel Eto’o.

Just like Willian, who appears to be close to joining Chelsea despite passing a medical at Spurs, Eto’o looks set to be part of the Anzhi clear out as the Russian side clear their mammoth wage bill.

Whilst the English press suggest Chelsea are still chasing Wayne Rooney, a move for Eto’o makes a lot more sense in terms of how much simpler it could be to pull off and the fact that the Cameroon striker played under Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan.

In recent weeks, Eto’o has spoken of his admiration for Mourinho and how he would be eager to work with “The Special One” again.

Di Marzio claims Chelsea have offered personal terms of 5 million euros per season to Eto’o with the former Barcelona hitman expected to leave Anzhi in this transfer window.

Inter Milan are also tracking developments and are preparing a four million euro per season offer over a two-year deal which suggests the Chelsea deal is just for one season

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/c...erms-to-samuel-etoo-e5m-a-season-sky-italia/?

Moyes - Oh My !!!

Everton should sell us Baines and Fellaini for the good of the players futures

Also said if Fergie had tried to do the same as he has last year Moyes wouldve sold the players

Didnt take long to be an arrogant **** did it

Moyes - Oh My !!!

Also said if Fergie had tried to do the same as he has last year Moyes wouldve sold the players

he's always been a bit of a ****.

Moyes - Oh My !!!

He is getting desperate, and I love how he makes a fool out of himself :ross:

Moyes - Oh My !!!

How about a 50mil bid then Moyes, eh? That's good for Everton's future.

I'm really surprised Moyes hasn't gone for more players yet

United's squad isn't good enough (SAF and RVP won them the title last year) for the title (between City and Cheat$ki for me), and proven not good enough for Europe.

Moyes needs a lot of players to be a success there

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Paris St-Germain are set to beat Arsenal to the signing of Saudi Sportswashing Machine midfielder Yohan Cabaye by offering £17m for the 27-year-old.

Full story: Metro

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is set to make a £10m bid for Saudi Sportswashing Machine's 25-year-old keeper Tim Krul.

Full story: Sun on Sunday (requires subscription)

Wenger is also set to increase his bid to £17m for Krul's team mate, Cabaye, while the Arsenal boss is also eyeing Real Madrid winger Angel Di Maria, 25.

Full story: Sun on Sunday (requires subscription)

The Gunners could also make a new bid for Valencia goalkeeper Vicente Guaita after the La Liga club rejected an opening £4m offer for the 26-year-old.

Full story: Metro
Karim Benzema

Benzema has made 59 appearances for France

Karim Benzema's agent says the 25-year-old France striker will not be joining Arsenal from Real Madrid in this transfer window.

Full story: Sporting Life

Gareth Bale, 24, has arrived in Spain while Tottenham and Real Madrid continue to discuss the forward's proposed move to the Bernabeu.

Full story: Mail on Sunday

Welshman Bale has agreed a £97m six-year contract to join Spanish club Real Madrid.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

Real Madrid winger Cristiano Ronaldo, 28, has informed former club Manchester United he would like to return to the club to end his career.

Full story: Observer

Stoke, Cardiff and Swansea are all believed to have made offers to sign West Brom's Nigeria international striker Peter Odemwingie, 32.

Full story: Birmingham Mail

Chelsea will make a final £40m bid for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, 27, after Monday's match between the two sides.

Chelsea have turned their attentions away from Rooney and have instead agreed a deal to sign 32-year-old striker Samuel Eto'o as part of the negotiations to acquire Willian for £30m from Anzhi Makhachkala.

Full story: Sunday Telegraph

Spurs are set to sign £25m striker Erik Lamela from Roma this week as soon as the Italian club sign a replacement for the 21-year-old, who will be reunited with his former director of football Franco Baldini at White Hart Lane.

Stoke City manager Mark Hughes is hoping to sign 21-year old striker John Guidetti for about £5.5m from former club Emirates Marketing Project.

Full story: Sun on Sunday

West Ham will switch their attention to Porto striker Silvestre Varela, 28, if they fail to agree a deal for Juventus forward Fabio Quagliarella.

Full story: Sunday Express

Barcelona are preparing a £10m move for Liverpool's 27-year-old central defender Daniel Agger.

OTHER GOSSIP

Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway is already fighting for his job at Crystal Palace with the newly promoted Premier League club eyeing up a move for Saudi Sportswashing Machine boss Alan Pardew.

Shakhter Karagandy have been reported to Uefa by animal rights group Peta after they sacrificed a sheep before the first leg of their Champions League qualifier last week.

Full story: The Metro
AND FINALLY

Robin van Persie's artist father Bob is to exhibit his artworks in Manchester next month - inspired by the crowds of fans who cheer on his son. One of his recent works features a sea of paper dolls wearing United red.

Full story: Manchester Evening News

Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio has revealed he had to call police after being confronted by three men on Friday night at the team's hotel in Whiteley ahead of Saturday's game against Southampton.

I'm really surprised Moyes hasn't gone for more players yet

United's squad isn't good enough (SAF and RVP won them the title last year) for the title (between City and Cheat$ki for me), and proven not good enough for Europe.

Moyes needs a lot of players to be a success there

I don't agree with that. The worst thing he could have done is come in and shaken everything up. He will be getting a lot of pointers from Fergie in the boardroom and will be looking for longeivity and continuity. There is no need for him to stamp his mark on the club and that is exactly why he was appointed ahead of a more glamorous but also more self important manager like Mourinho etc.

I would be gutted if the scum signed Guaita, he is one of the best keepers in the world IMO. Doesn't get much recognition over here because he plays in Spain and has been behind players like Casillas, Valdes and Reina for most of his career at international level.

These things tend to wear of pretty quickly. A couple of losses and they'll be moaning like never before. :lol:

I come from Norwich, check out their forums sometimes. Unbelievably their fans (a high proportion of them) were really negative towards Hughton's last year, accusing him of dour tactics, bad subs and everything else moany fans say.

He took them to 11th FFS!!!!! That's better than Lambert did.

Some itk just said we're looking at possibly getting this guy:

[video=youtube;O0rJriZnVFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rJriZnVFo[/video]

And I thought Bale went to ground easily... He's not the finished article obviously but at age 18 he doesn't have to be.

He's played 18 times for Betis in La Liga, 13 of those as a sub.

aaaaand wrong thread

Last edited:
Back