• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

Big news from Spain from a Spurs point of view

Villarreal have signed Gio Dos Santos from Mallorca

Wasnt there rumours of a 50 % sell-on clause? :-"

Sky Sports understands Swansea City have agreed a deal to sign Ivory Coast international Wilfried Bony from Vitesse Arnhem.

The 24-year-old striker has been heavily linked with a move to the Swans with midfielder Leon Britton already admitting the transfer would be a massive "statement of intent" by the club.

That statement now appears to have been made with Bony having been pictured with a Swansea shirt and a deal taking the player to the Welsh club is expected to be finalised on Wednesday.

The transfer was also confirmed by Bony's agent Dalibor Lacina, who revealed that his client was looking forward to the chance to work with Michael Laudrup.

"We are glad that Bony has made the next step in his career after playing for Sparta Prague and Vitesse Arnhem," said Lacina, quoted in CTK.

"The transfer to the Premier League he has made his dream come true. Swansea is a big move for him and he is looking forward to working with the coach Michael Laudrup."

The fee is thought to be in the region of £12million and will help Laudrup build on last season's success with a European campaign to prepare for in 2013/14.

Bony was the top scorer in the Eredivisie last season having scored 31 goals in just 30 games for Vitesse.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/8815593/Transfer-news-Swansea-agree-deal-to-sign-Wilfried-Bony-from-Vitesse-Arnhem

Translation: "I'm delighted to be netting a huge fee for this transfer and look forward to doing it all again in a year or two."

They barely picked up any points second half of last season, they've run out of steam and an overhaul is needed. These are promising players, but none of them would be more than squaddies at top 6 clubs.

Toivonen and Van Wolfswinkel would both start for us.

Wormwood Scrubs Prison slaps in a cheeky bid for John Terry. Chance to finally - and rightfully - play for a suitable club with his dad, after father Ted was charged with racially motivated assault.

Tree doesn't fall far from the bad apple.

Last edited:
Anybody see Falcao's interview about joining Monaco, how did he do it with a straight face I dont know..

He joined because Monaco wanted him to be a big piece in their project hahahahahaa

fudge off be honest, £300k a week was the only reason you signed for them

no. it was because he literally signed for who his agent/management team decided would make them the most money.

he had zero say.

fudging Schwarzer. Gone to sit on the bench with a World Cup next year.

I can't begrudge him. One of the nicest blokes in football and been one of the better premier league keepers the last decade or so. He deserves a shot in the Champs League and in the mix for some silverware.

I can't begrudge him. One of the nicest blokes in football and been one of the better premier league keepers the last decade or so. He deserves a shot in the Champs League and in the mix for some silverware.

Yep I agree, but it's frustrating from an Aussie point of view. I hope he gets enough games, he's too good to sit on the bench.

would they?.... I don't rate Toivonen as better than Defoe, nor Van Wolfswinkel as better than Adebayor.

depends which Adebayor you are talking about, last seasons or the season before?....my nan would be more effective than last season Adebayor

Back