• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

£34m for a 28 year old midfielder who's played most of his career in Ukraine :eek:

He's looked pretty good when I've seen him in fairness but these kind of deals make you wonder why we bother. If AVB had told Levy he's the one we want, we'd have gone in at about £10m.

Shakhtar have signed Fernando and Wellingtom Nem today :eek: They clearly got the last laugh.

Like when we bid £11.8m for Willian and he ends up going for £30m :lol:

We need to start shopping at the suppliers(aka South America) rather than paying shop prices.

Like when we bid £11.8m for Willian and he ends up going for £30m :lol:

We need to start shopping at the suppliers(aka South America) rather than paying shop prices.

Lyon and Ajax the suppliers rather than the shops as well?

We were looking for a deal for Willian, if I remember correctly he had 2 years or less left on his contract. We were obviously blown out of the water by someone with oil money or whatever. So we move on and try again. Someone could easily have come in and doubled our bids for Vertonghen or Lloris too, but no one did. You win some you lose some.

I would love to see some more signings from South America, the work permits continue to be a problem though of course. We've done some excellent business in Europe though and should continue that.

Lyon and Ajax the suppliers rather than the shops as well?

We were looking for a deal for Willian, if I remember correctly he had 2 years or less left on his contract. We were obviously blown out of the water by someone with oil money or whatever. So we move on and try again. Someone could easily have come in and doubled our bids for Vertonghen or Lloris too, but no one did. You win some you lose some.

I would love to see some more signings from South America, the work permits continue to be a problem though of course. We've done some excellent business in Europe though and should continue that.

Hopefully the crazy oil companies will be finished soon and the sensibly run clubs can start their transfer business.

Imagine an Arsenal team of Drogba, Ibra, Ronaldo, Toure etc. :lol:

___Drogba Ibra
Bale Toure Fabregas Ronaldo

3FtcAZ5.gif

Makoun was rated very highly before joining Villa, I wonder why he never succeeded? Fulham getting Stekelenburg is a great bit of business too.

£34m for a 28 year old midfielder who's played most of his career in Ukraine :eek:

He's looked pretty good when I've seen him in fairness but these kind of deals make you wonder why we bother. If AVB had told Levy he's the one we want, we'd have gone in at about £10m.

£34m, how do they explain that one in FFP when they do not make a profit

Back