• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted his interest in signing unsettled Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.:

"Rooney could be an interesting player for everybody in the world, who would turn him down?" Wenger told Al Jazeera.

"David Moyes' first challenge is to go in to Manchester and bridge the gap between him and Rooney. If that is feasible or not depends on his personality and if Rooney bears a grudge or not, we will see.

"It will be interesting to see how that will be handled."

Tabloid journalism 101 right there.

£25m for Navas? Does that mean Lennon is worth the same considering they're basically the same player and Lennon's actually a year and a half younger.

Why? Because he's Spanish? I've watched Navas a lot and he is a carbon copy of Aaron Lennon. Everything they do is the same - very quick, right-footed wingers who run to the byline and cross the ball, neither score many. Even their goal/assist record is pretty much identical:

Jesus Navas: 388 apps, 34 goals, 77 assists = One goal or assist every 3.5 games
Aaron Lennon: 327 apps, 30 goals, 63 assists = One goal or assist every 3.52 games

Significant difference there.

Why? Because he's Spanish? I've watched Navas a lot and he is a carbon copy of Aaron Lennon. Everything they do is the same - very quick, right-footed wingers who run to the byline and cross the ball, neither score many. Even their goal/assist record is pretty much identical:

Jesus Navas: 388 apps, 34 goals, 77 assists = One goal or assist every 3.5 games
Aaron Lennon: 327 apps, 30 goals, 63 assists = One goal or assist every 3.52 games

Significant difference there.

For one he's more consistent than Lennon but i think the main thing that differentiates the two is Navas' skill set. He doesn't just rely on his pace to get past players, he can just as easily dribble past them or go past them skillfully as opposed to simply out running them. He can use his left foot pretty well too and he's not just a 'hug the touchline' type of winger.

There's no tangible evidence to suggest he's more consistent, perhaps he seems that way because you watch every minute of every game Lennon is involved in and only snippets of Navas here and there. The other points are debatable but either way their end-product is identical.

"Jesús Navas: Had 80 shots without scoring this season - at least 27 more than any other goalless player in Europe's top 5 leagues"

Although I don't think Lennon has achieved that in his career.

Sky Sports Football @SkyFootball

Roma's Franco Baldini has confirmed that he has concluded a deal with Fulham for Maarten Stekelenburg.

Jesús Navas is a risk signing if ever there were one. If memory serves me , he has mental problems being away from home and is the player that couldn't travel to other countries with the Spanish national team.

If he signs for City , I'd imagine it to be a very short stay.

Jesús Navas is a risk signing if ever there were one. If memory serves me , he has mental problems being away from home and is the player that couldn't travel to other countries with the Spanish national team.

If he signs for City , I'd imagine it to be a very short stay.

im sure right now his wife is telling him to man up and think of the 150k a week

im sure right now his wife is telling him to man up and think of the 150k a week

Yep these Wags just like the agents can be very persuasive I'm sure . Apparently he's had treatment for his agoraphobia and the proof that he's now over it, is the fact he traveled to South Africa for the World Cup . But that was for six weeks and this City deal is a four year contract. I still think its a high risk deal, perhaps only a Sugar Daddy club can risk taking.
Not sure there's a need thou.

Fulham seem to be conducting some canny business in the transfer market at the moment. I think Martin Jol is playing clever with his signings and I think they'll be at least top half of the table at the end of next season. Amorebieta, Derek Boateng and now Martin Stekelenberg, three players who improve the quality of the Fulham squad and will help to make a difference for next season. If Fulham manage to recruit Yohan Mollo too then this will be another serious move which reflect Fulham's intention to provide serious improvement upon their league position finish this season.

I think that I appreciate signings by other clubs, and the buzz surrounding potential transfers of players between other clubs, is as exciting as that of the buzz around our own club. I'm eager for us to make signings but whilst we are quiet... so far... in the transfer market, it's entertaining to analyse the strengths of signings for other clubs, how this will affect their tactics and whether these signings will help the club move to the next level. A further excitement is had in the idea of some of these players playing in the Premiership for the first years, and against us, and to see how well they adapt to their new surroundings and to see how we fare with the challenge that this new player offers against us when our two clubs meet.....

Can't wait for us to make a first signing, just hope that it's someone worthy of being our first summer signing as their quality may well be indicative of the standard of the players who will follow him to White Hart Lane.

150k a week haha. According to himself, he has received professional help and is over his homesickness. Though moving from sunny Seville to Manchester would damage even the most travelled person.

150k a week haha. According to himself, he has received professional help and is over his homesickness. Though moving from sunny Seville to Manchester would damage even the most travelled person.

Yeah, it's probably more than that... :-"

It's 2.5 million euros a year apparently, so 50,000 a week. City seem to be doing some good business, if they can sign Isco and Fernandinho they'll have a very strong team next season indeed.

It's 2.5 million euros a year apparently, so 50,000 a week. City seem to be doing some good business, if they can sign Isco and Fernandinho they'll have a very strong team next season indeed.

Low wages with big bonuses is the new policy. Hence, why recently we have had Silva, Aguero and Yaya sign new contracts and are getting Micah and Zabaleta to sign one, too.

Anything above £20m for Navas is excessive and he is the scrawniest player I've ever seen. Admittedly, I haven't seen him play much, but he has never been outstanding. A bit sceptical about this.

Fred Hermel (Big mate of florentino Perez) just said on French Radio:

Mourinho will take Modric to Chelsea

David Luiz to Barca for big fee a good possibility, mourinho happy for him to go.

Chelsea have opened talks for Daniele De Rossi from Roma

And we could have on Madrid bench next season: Ancelotti n°1, Crespo as assistant manager, Zidane as n°3

Back