• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

good movement and work from Lennon, especially that run inside the fullback early on.

Ade should have one, Soldado should have two, honourable mention for Paulinho - best i've seen him. Ade working hard and making things happen. long may it last. much better.

btw, i think Daws got the merest of touches for their 'pen' shout.

Whats wrong with that? He creates. He has looked our most dangerous player. He has been our best player today.

ITs weird! im not really having a massive dig. But as of today he has no assists or goals all season. And it feels like he is too predictable. I like Lennon but i wish he would just have a dig sometimes when he goes inside on his left.

Did Lennon not set up a clear chance for Ade that was easier to score? Why are people saying he doesn't create?

Very good first half, just a shame we couldn't have got another goal to make things a bit more secure. Dawson a bit lucky to not have conceded a pen judging by those replays tho!

@SpursStatMan: Paulinho completed 100% of 28 passes attempted, was successful with 100% of his 5 take-ons and won 100% of his tackles in the first half. =D>
Bcqr-42CQAAkw2a.png

Not a great deal wrong with that first half Spurs performance, except for a little more accuracy in front of goal.

Vital we get the second and put this game to bed.

ITs weird! im not really having a massive dig. But as of today he has no assists or goals all season. And it feels like he is too predictable. I like Lennon but i wish he would just have a dig sometimes when he goes inside on his left.

Yeah he doesnt have assists or goals and he needs to improve that but today he has put in balls across the box. Ade should have scored from his cross but didnt - yet it looks worse on Lennon than on Ade. Thats why I think assists is a difficult statistic to interpret

Let's see whether Paulinho is pants, or whether his patchy form was down to not knowing what he was meant to be doing.

Or neither, that his performance is better because the whole team is playing better today (and Stoke being turd).

His left peg is no good though, knowing your limitations and adjusting to them is a positive in my book.

The wonky has worked well, Lennon is stretching them on the right and putting some good balls in without getting isolated. Eriksen coming inside on the left and giving Fryers space that he is running into well I think. Eriksen has been a bit disappointing on the ball really, but we know what he can do.

Did Lennon not set up a clear chance for Ade that was easier to score? Why are people saying he doesn't create?

I am not saying he does not create. I am just saying that I wish he would vary his game a little. When he gets inside the full back he always cuts it back. Sometimes its the right choice but sometimes he has to look up and dink it to the back post. Also when he is forced inside i wish he would shoot sometimes instead of just laying it off. I love what lennnon brings to the team with his pace and ability to cover the right back. I just want him to be harder to work out for the defence. I would like him to get back in the England squad. I like lennon and just demanding more.

also sorry for my ignorance but no Rose or Holtby at all in the squad. They injured as well?

No confirming news from the club. Surprising if Sherwood has dropped Rose from the team and from the squad. Less surprising if Lamela, Bentaleb etc have been preferred on the bench to Holtby.

Oh yeah. Dawson lucky with that tackle. Poor decision, really should have just gone for a block or stayed on his feet. Fryers touch on Walters was nothing, classic cheating Stoke. Ref's been alright apart from that penalty decision.

Might be mistaken, but from one of the angles it definitely looked like he got a nick on the ball, hence the change in direction?

maybe he thinks both need a rest. And putting them on the bench makes you more liable to use them? Im not really sure. Either way he has more confidence in using the youngsters in there than forcing other players out of position which i think is a good thing. Otherwise what do you have young players for.

What on earth are you lot on about? Dawson made the challenge and the ball bounced away at 45 degrees... of course he got the ball. How else did the ball change course, Brownian motion?

You have as much sense as the commentators.

We have played really well, hemmed them into their half and had attack after attack.

Stoke have a good record for clean sheets don't they? They are not easy to score against, so we've done well to create some pretty good chances.

Would like Eriksen to clear the first man just ONCE this half on a set piece, it would be amazing to see.

Back