• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

@Squawka: Tottenham made 280 passes in the first half against Stoke. Mark Hughes' side managed just 98 and didn't have an attempted on goal.

@SpursStatMan: 82 of our 283 passes completed in the first half have been in the attacking third
BcquK-zIAAAb_Xe.jpg

Looking like Spurs at times today, neat one touch football, easy on the eye, well done Sherwood for making our players look like themselves.

Might be mistaken, but from one of the angles it definitely looked like he got a nick on the ball, hence the change in direction?

I thought he just got a stud to the ball. The ball gathered a touch of pace as he touched it.

The ball goes off in a different direction following Dawson's tactical...don't know how they are still confused that Stoke didn't appeal.

Good half, let's keep it up, not just for the day but for the season. We still need to be consistent.

Really pleased for Paulinho showing what he can do. Playing with more individual freedom he's showing the class that he has. Ridiculous that he was written off by many on here so soon.

Done well now that snake oil salesman has left.

Might be mistaken, but from one of the angles it definitely looked like he got a nick on the ball, hence the change in direction?

Could be, was difficult to see from my somewhat choppy online broadcast.

maybe he thinks both need a rest. And putting them on the bench makes you more liable to use them? Im not really sure. Either way he has more confidence in using the youngsters in there than forcing other players out of position which i think is a good thing. Otherwise what do you have young players for.

Could be, I hope so as we need Rose.

I'm happy to see him trusting our youth players too! Fryers has done well so far in this one and Bentaleb has of course also been impressive. Will be interesting to see if Bentaleb is given another run out today...

The good thing is, these one touch moves should work better later as Stoke tire and can't keep up, as long as we can maintain the tempo.

And hopefully the fact that we have a big squad means we can maintain the tempo over a season.

Or neither, that his performance is better because the whole team is playing better today (and Stoke being turd).

Fair enough, but we played plenty of turd teams under AVB and Paulinho struggled.

If we're looking for evidence that there was a fundamental tactical or philosophical problem with AVB, I do think Paulinho going from being a very good player to be one who was struggling says something.

Stoke 30% possession, no shots on target, no shots off target, no shots blocked, no corners.

Absolutely dominant and with 3 proper clear cut chances and another handful of passes and crosses that were close to creating something proper.

Moooooooooooore pleaaaaaaaaaaaase!

Good first half by everyone, looked dangerous and passed the ball about well.

If I was to be harsh Zaki Fryers has been the worst player he gives the ball away far to often for me. I know he's young and will improve but I think he needs to go out on loan at Championship side less pressure get some games under his belt. He needs to release you dont have to lump it forward every time you get the ball

Stoke have a good record for clean sheets don't they? They are not easy to score against, so we've done well to create some pretty good chances.

Would like Eriksen to clear the first man just ONCE this half on a set piece, it would be amazing to see.

Not against the Top 7 they don't...

Fixture (last season)SpursARSEnalChelseaEvertonLiverpoolMan_CityMan_Utd
Stoke (h)n/a (0-0)3-1 (1-0)n/a (1-0)4-0 (1-0)1-0 (0-0)n/a (3-0)3-2 (4-2)

Hopefully Eriksen' set-pieces improve...

definitely more freedom about how Spurs are playing

Ade makes such a difference.....actually having two forwards makes a heck of a difference to our attacking play

Looking at the type of forwards Ade and Soldado are, it makes me feel we need a poacher to sit in between them (I guess a 4-3-3), JD anyone? :lol: (that's a joke btw)

I do love the way Dembele can keep a ball. Walters complaining for a smack in the mouth. Well thats cos you were holding onto the back of his shirt and pulling him back into you.

Back