• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

Actually I think he knows it quite well - to me, that is the only half-decent he could have picked in the circumstances...

Well thats not quite right. He coulda played Lamela on left and kept Erikssen in middle for example as he has done recently. I think he is experimenting which im up for totally. I just think TS is trying to see which players can play in the formation and which cant and who are versatile enough to stay in the team etc

Yep spend £26m on a player who after half a season has started just 3 times. When are the people running this club going to be accountable ?

Can't see how we''ll win. Really hope I'm wrong. I'm just feeling negative. I need spurs to give me a lift

He's already been sacked mate.

TBH one of the main things i was looking forward to when AVB left was for Lamela to get more starts but it's not happening. I would have played him with Ade up top today (or slightly behind).

Well thats not quite right. He coulda played Lamela on left and kept Erikssen in middle for example as he has done recently. I think he is experimenting which im up for totally. I just think TS is trying to see which players can play in the formation and which cant and who are versatile enough to stay in the team etc

Yeah. Sherwood has seen his options limited by injuries and suspensions, but he's also changed things a bit on his own and made some decisions.

I can understand his team today. If we struggle with our chance creation again today I want to see Lamela on much earlier than against WBA though.

He's already been sacked mate.

TBH one of the main things i was looking forward to when AVB left was for Lamela to get more starts but it's not happening. I would have played him with Ade up top today (or slightly behind).

You believe that? Surely the main reason forus signing Lamela is Baldini and Levy is accountable for spending the money if he did not figure in any managers plans. It's stupid absolutely ****ing shambolic.

I like the fact that this team need to be accountable now. We can't rely on other teams results. It is up to them to perform. We need to see a proper performance today. Passing. Movement. Finishing. Control. The biggest worry is the makeshift defense. But with Paulinho and Dembele in the middle they should receive adequate cover.

Yep spend £26m on a player who after half a season has started just 3 times. When are the people running this club going to be accountable ?

Can't see how we''ll win. Really hope I'm wrong. I'm just feeling negative. I need spurs to give me a lift

Accountable for what? Getting him in when we can, knowing full well he won't be a regular starter until next season, instead of taking the risk of someone else swooping in or not being able to afford him or the player no longer wanting the move (considering Roma's form so far that's highly likely)? I don't think we'd have kept Lennon, Townsend and Sigurdsson, having added Chadli, if the plan was for Lamela to start the majority of our games this season.

The defence looks terrible on paper but Tim has his hands tied to be fair.

Otherwise team is decent. Really hope to see a better perfoemnce from Paulinho. He's always looked very decent for Brazil. Now it's time to step up

The defence looks terrible on paper but Tim has his hands tied to be fair.

Otherwise team is decent. Really hope to see a better perfoemnce from Paulinho. He's always looked very decent for Brazil. Now it's time to step up

True, at best that's one of our first choice defenders in that back 4.

Paulinho has gotten a rest with that suspension, hopefully he's raring to go. Sherwood has been dropping quite a few players that got games under AVB, hopefully Paulinho being brought right back in again means that he's been looking good in training.

If you feel as I do that Tottenham's first-choice back four is...

Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose

...then we don't have a single one of them playing today.

We have our work cut-out for us keeping Stoke's attackers in check and much of that will be down to how much cover Dembele & Paulinho can give our defence.

Aside from that, I think we've enough attacking talent to get a goal or three today.

Hmm, a very interesting line up... no Bentaleb, no Capoue.

I assume it is a 442 wonky with Eriksen tucking in to make a 3 and Lennon bombing on.... but who provides the width on the left, Fryers!?

Fryers is not going to do that for us realistically... I am concerned, but his hands were tied to some extent.

Accountable for what? Getting him in when we can, knowing full well he won't be a regular starter until next season, instead of taking the risk of someone else swooping in or not being able to afford him or the player no longer wanting the move (considering Roma's form so far that's highly likely)? I don't think we'd have kept Lennon, Townsend and Sigurdsson, having added Chadli, if the plan was for Lamela to start the majority of our games this season.

Fair points jord, I'm just getting impatient with not seeing him given a chance. He. Has shown so much promise before, for us to even want to sign him.

We're Tottenham Hotspur it's not often we've spent so much on a player to sit on the bench. He's a real talent and the reason I watch football and support spurs is because I love good football. I guess I'm as guilty as most as not looking at the lomg term vision. But it's difficult for me to buy into that vision when our chairman doesn't appear to share those same ideals

BcqcWukCEAANJnW.jpg

Former Spurs striker and Sky pundit Terry Gibson back at White Hart Lane, 34 years to the day since his debut, a 1-0 win over Stoke.

You believe that? Surely the main reason forus signing Lamela is Baldini and Levy is accountable for spending the money if he did not figure in any managers plans. It's stupid absolutely ****ing shambolic.

I could understand your anger if we were 2.5 years and 60 PL starts into Lamela's Spurs career and he had done little to nothing to impress.

As is, why not give him, Levy and Baldini the benefit of the doubt and save your anger for a later point if it's still needed?

Hmm, a very interesting line up... no Bentaleb, no Capoue.

I assume it is a 442 wonky with Eriksen tucking in to make a 3 and Lennon bombing on.... but who provides the width on the left, Fryers!?

Fryers is not going to do that for us realistically... I am concerned, but his hands were tied to some extent.

Well, Capoue has only started as an emergency centre back under Sherwood. And Bentaleb is yet to start a game for us. Not exactly a big surprise that Dembele and Paulinho have been preferred.

I assume the same as you, a wonky looking 4-4-2. I expect Ade to drift wide left quite a bit as he seems to like that anyway and I expect Fryers to push up more than Naughton. Eriksen to cut inside, but he's also capable of threatening down the outside I think. Not sure if getting crosses into the box will do us much good though.

I thought Eriksen's performance has been one of the few plus points over the last few games. I'm not sure rewarding him by shoving him out on the left is very good man management.
I also hope Lennon isn't being rushed back too soon. Better to have brought him on as a sub today.

Back